Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angels Of Pleasure Garden ❯ Begin... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It all started when I saw two boys in a band called “Rakuen No Tenshi” or translated into English as “Angels Of Pleasure Garden” from Japanese. Somehow they were familiar. When I asked my friend if they lived around here, she said that they had moved in town recently with their band and were completely new to the area.
Apparently they were half brothers who lived together in a mansion with their other band members and as it turned out, they lived down the street from my large house.
One looked a lot like me except that his eyes were violet and he was a little taller than me. Otherwise, we had the same dark hair, although my bangs grew in naturally dirty blonde mixed with black and some brunette, while the roots were all black.
He also had bangs that were as long as mine, reaching past out similar angular chins and were parted to the left as well.
We even share the same pale skin, and unusual colored eyes, even though they were different colors. He even looked to be around my age.
He was the one on lead bass guitar and sung with the leader singer, the other boy who seemed familiar to me. This one looked older than the bass player but seemed a little younger, or at least the same age as, than the other band members, who were all distinctly familiar as well.
Along with singing, he played the opening/background violin that was in some of the song while in others he played second bass. The lead singer also looked a little like me except that his eyes were a piercing ice blue that seemed to see straight through you into your soul when he sang.
In all, there were five members of the band but I knew none of their names. With the exception of the lead bass player, they all looked to be about college age but in different years maybe.
Another one I noticed was the one with Rave on his black t-shirt in bold red and silver font. He was taller than the lead singer and played lead guitar with slender, nimble, and soft looking pale finger.
His skin was an overall ghostly pale but his face seemed to hold a lunar glow like the other worldly glow of his bright hazel eyes that held soft red strokes, snowy white and glowing golden embers were sprinkled around his irises.
The irises were glazed with honey-gold while his hair was a mess of shaggy black and brunette hair with long bangs that hung over his eyes.
His cheekbones were raised slightly, his shoulders seemed broad, his arms were toned and I assumed his legs were as well. A silver lip ring pierced the right side of his lower lip (well it was on the right from my view) and glinted in the multi-colored lights.
When he smiled, which was only once after the show when he was joking around with the lead singer, he showed pearly white, fang-like, canines framing perfect teeth.
In fact, all five band members had perfect teeth and fangs along with pale skin even though they were on different scales.
I had missed the beginning because I was late. Skating does have its limits to how fast it takes to get places. I melted into the crowd to find my friend, Ai, who was here during the beginning. Everyone around us were jumping and dancing to the music sung by that deep, enchantingly rich voice that seemed to draw you in.
The dancing was infectious as the screaming of guitars made me want to sing along to the words or play my guitar with them.
At the end, the lead singer spoke through the mic, panting slightly from singing so hard and from jumping around.
“I’d like to thank all of you for coming and I’m glad that we moved to a place with such good taste in music!”, the crowd went while in the playing area of the large coffee shop.
“I would also like to thank the owner of Café Alchemy for allowing us to play in such an awesome establishment.”, he pointed to Ed, the owner of Café Alchemy and the most amazing coffee blend in town, ”I’d like to reintroduce us since some of you may have arrived later.”
His eyes looked straight at me as he said this and for the first time I realized that he and the other band members had been watching me not just the raging crowd but me during the show.
“I’m Kazuya Reaper, ladies you can call me Kazu if you want.”, Kazu winked at the crowd before returning his attention back to me as he handed the mike to the lead bass player.
“I’m Louis Reaper, call me Lou and I’m Kazu’s half brother.”, then Kazuya coughed loudly from the back and added into a mic in a husky whisper, ”Yaoi and incest…”, with a suggestive look. Louis hit him and then retreated.
Girls went wild, especially Ai who loved things like that, while the badass drummer with bright, cat-like, green eyes that held silvery specks and different shades and strokes of green. He was the tallest and oldest looking in the band with his toned build, his perfectly muscled calves visible since he wore shorts.
“Hey ladies..”, he addressed the girls in a flirtatious and husky voice, “Name’s Damien Chevalier and girls, I’ll be your knight in sexy boxers tonight.”, Damien said then added, “The rest of you call me Grim.”,
He ran his pale hand through his soft hair attractively, his fingers entangled in his dirty blonde, black, and brunette hair with red and orange highlights along with green and metallic blue.
Next came the second guitarist who looked cute and was only a little bit taller than Louis but was shorter than Kazuya.
Chocolate brown bangs, shaggy with red tips, hung over his eyes messily. His hair was longer than the others by a few centimeters with red highlights and lighter browns mixed with reddish and darker browns.
His insomnia rimmed eyes were big and light brown with bright and crimson reds swirling animatively around his irises, bright strokes of red were apparent in his lightly glowing eyes.
“Hey my name’s Naoren Yunai but my friends call me Nao while girls usually call me Nao-chan.”, he said a little nervously while looking down.
During the show when he was playing, he focused on his guitar, only looking up a few times at me, which was starting to scare me because they all did it, but now he was cute and nervous.
Girls loved it. ‘Awww’ echoed throughout the crowd as he smiled, showing his pearly white fangs that were a little smaller than everyone else’s but bigger than Louis’s fangs were.
Nao’s pale skin was probably the darkest of them. His build was slight with small shoulders and toned arms and legs.
Last to speak was the lead guitarist who had secured his instrument within its fine black case that was now across his back, his beautiful bright eyes were focused in the direction of the window, not looking at me, the crowd, or anything.
His head was angled downward, and I noticed how his lovely ashen eyelashes were longer than most boy’s were, giving him a slightly shy look.
He turned his startling eyes on everyone and they seemed to glow and he focused on me. I was trapped within his beautiful gaze as he gave a small nod to the crowd of waiting people who were also trapped in those pretty orbs.
“Raven Koutei.”, was all he said before looking at me, gesturing to his right pocket, then pointing at me with two fingers and his thumb in an upside down gun gesture and giving the faintest nod towards the back stage door.
I turned towards Ai and she didn’t notice it. Desperately, I looked around at the entranced people.
“Raven.”, I heard Kazu say. Raven’s mouth moved slowly, “Bang..“, he whispered as he ’shot’ me with his hand and then everything spin back. Mumbles and chattering began about how cool Raven was.
Hopefuls talked about different members of the band and their love stories. Even Ai, who liked Raven and Kazu but wanted thought Nao would be a cute brother.
I nodded meekly as she raved about a Kazu x Lou fan fic she said she would write later on her computer.
“Kai! Are you even listening?! Kukai!?”, Ai called me by my middle name ‘Kukai’ after using my nickname ‘Kai’ which was the shortened version.
“Huh?”, I snapped my eyes away from the backstage door where Raven was waiting for me…if that’s what the nod had meant.
“Were you even listening to me Kai-chan?”, Ai looked at me and pouted with her full lips, colored with blood red lipstick. Her eyeliner rimmed, ocean blue eyes looked angry and a bit concerned.
She had her thick, blonde hair in two poofy, curly pigtails while her bangs were straight and short, parted to the left over her eye and reached a little under her eyes with a red streak on the side next to her nose where a blue crystal stud pierced the left side of her nose.
“Yeah, I heard all about your spontaneous dinner à deux and your midnight tryst and all that romantic stuff with Raven.”, I responded with a grin.
Ai blushed then followed my continuing gaze at the door to the backstage room and smirked,” So you have a crush on one of them, huh?”
I choked on the Snickers bar I was eating,” No way!”, I muttered through chocolate and nougat. She smiled,” Yeah, yeah. No matter how much we want to, we cant get backstage with them.”
Then I remembered how before he nodded, Raven had pointed at the right pocket of his black jacket and pointed at me. On instinct, I looked at my hand.
My hand was gloved from knuckles to elbow in black and red, striped, fingerless gloves that matched my t-shirt which was striped in the same colors with two skulls on it. One was a scowling one and a laughing one, resembling the tragedy and comedy masks associated with drama.
I had on black skinny jeans by Tripp and some checkered vans with my black ’The Nightmare Before Christmas’ jacket. My dark hair was in a low ponytail the nape of my neck.
Around my neck was a leather choker that buckled in the back and connected in the front by clicked on each side of a silver ring. On the ring was a cross with a reverse pentacle over the crux.
The pentacle was a circle of rubies around a star of amethysts and sapphires while the cross had obsidians and diamonds, a big diamond was set in the center of the cross.
I had melded the two together and the burns were apparent. I bought the leather and made it buckle in the back so the stitch marks for that were on the leather from me attaching the buckle.
The ring was made from three old rings my mother had in her jewelry box before she died and told me everything of her’s now belonged to me.
“Kai?”, Ai blinked and I snapped back from the memory of my mother, “Yes Ai?”, I asked.
“Nothing. Its just that you looked really weird just now…”, I smiled at my concerned friend, “Don’t worry.”
“Okay…”, then she looked at my pocket, “What’s that paper?”, Ai asked, pointing at my pocket.
Franticly I grabbed a paper from my pocket. It was a black envelope with blood red cursive imprinted on the back spelling out, ‘Raven’
“Custom stationary.”, I said as I gazed at it. Ai gasped, “Is that from Raven!?”, she asked dramatically and grabbed for it. I instinctively pulled it out of reach, “I don’t know.”
“Open it, open it!”, I opened it and pulled out a light red paper that looked cloudy with lighter red fogs.
I walked away from Ai, “Be right back…”, then read it to myself while Ai waited patiently at our table, sipping from her coffee.
In perfect and elegant cursive written in black ink, it read:

Dear Miss Charming
Please come meet me backstage tonight. I started writing a rough draft of this letter and finalized it before I reintroduced myself as I will here. My name is Raven Koutei but the others just call me Rave and you can as well if you wish to but you can call me anything you want for that matter. I'm not asking you to meet me because of your beauty but you seem like an interesting person to speak to. Seeing as to how you look around high school age, I assume that you will be going to the same high school that both me, Nao, and Lou will attend. I will be a senior since I am eighteen while Lou will be a junior since he is sixteen and Nao will be a sophomore since he is only fifteen. As I have been informed, the school year has just started but I would like someone to show us around and you look the perfect candidate. Judging by your clothes and your board, you must have share my interests and the fact that you came to see the show means that you have a good taste in music. Please think this over and hopefully you'll accept my invite. I advise that you not bring your friend but you aren't restricted from doing so. If you do choose to come meet me then look inside the envelope for the seal and pin it on your left sleeve with a safety pin that I have also included inside this envelope.
With much love,
Raven Koutei

I read it over several times then thought, 'Miss Charming?', I smiled a little then searched inside the envelope, grabbing a silky fabric inside and pulling it out. On it in the same crimson red on the back of the envelope were wing designs, more like the framework of a mechanical set of wings, but between those was the same blood red cursive imprinted on the black envelope. I ran my hands over the letters that came up from the fabric and marveled at the beautiful letters that spelled out, 'Rakuen, Master Of The Angels’
'Rakuen' meant 'Pleasure Garden' in Japanese and they were the most angelic boys I had ever seen so their band title sort of made sense since 'Pleasure Garden' could refer to the garden of fantasies made by their fans, which was one of the effects of being so seductively hot.
'So I'm their master....?', I wondered then nearly choked when Ai surprised me, "What’s that?", she asked, looking over my slender shoulder, "It came in the envelope.", I answered as I pinned the silky band around the upper arm of by jacket's left sleeve with the black and red striped safety pin like he had told me.
I started walking towards backstage and Ai grabbed my arm, "What're you doing?! We don't have a chance of sneaking in there!", she pointed out and I grinned, "Just watch me.", I said and kept my casual pace. When we got to the door, I was calm in contrast to Ai's nervousness, I lifted my arm up, showing the band, and the guard bowed elegantly before letting me in, he paused when Ai followed, "She with you?"
"Yeah she's cool."
He eyes her coldly, "Just make sure no funny business...else we have a problem.", he looked at me and I looked back with frightening eyes, hoping I looked fierce. The guard stepped back as I went through and I saw Kazuya, sweating from dancing with the crowd on the dancer floor to 'Dance Floor Anthem' by Good Charlotte.
"Did she come yet, Yami?", he asked. The guard, Yami, nodded, "She sent a chill through my spine when she looked at me. That girl has the fierce eyes of a steel dragon about to strike down its prey when she's angry.
"Cool. Do you think...she could be Rakuen?", Kazuya asked and Yami smiled, "Yes. Something tells me she's who we're looking for and that we should make her ID as Rakuen.", Yami answered and Kazuya smiled at him before the door closed behind us. Ai didn't hear a word they said, but then again I have abnormally good hearing and if I concentrate, I could hear a pen drop in a packed classroom at school.
"So...why are we here and why did they let us through?", she asked, "And what is that band around your arm that you showed big, tall, and scary?", Ai and I walked side by side down the corridor of the rooms backstage, following the mini map that Raven had drawn on the back of the letter.
"Because of Raven.", I said, answering her first two questions as I made a left, “But that band around your arm is...?", Ai made the 'and....'/'well....' movements with her hands that looked similar to 'hurry up'
"It came in the envelope Raven gave to me.", I answered then made one last turn before reaching our destination, which was marked with a purple X on the paper. Ai watched me in wonder and I blinked, "What?"
"Lucky!! I'm so jealous!", Ai playfully punched me in the arm before I knocked on the door. From behind the door, I heard the sound of shuffling feet, a glass bottle being set onto a table (maybe it was wine), and the sound of someone sitting on a comfy chair before a rich voice called to us, "Come in."
It was Raven's voice and I opened the door, walking in with Ai shyly filing in with me, "Ah, I see you have brought your friend even though I had advised against it.", Raven remarked. He was sitting in a chair that was faced away from us and faced towards the table.
“Yeah so?”, I asked and crossed my arms, leaning against the wall while Ai nervously played with her fingers, her eyes cast down. This is the shiest I’ve ever seen her, not even speaking or making eye contact. She must really like Raven or something.
“Then that proves my theory that you do not follow orders. You are strong, defiant, and rebellious.”, he sighed with what sounded like relief then said in a low voice, “I like that in a person.”
I fought back the heat the was rising to my cheeks and kept a cool composure as I lead Ai to sit down at the table. I observed his every move and noted that he had changed into comfortable black sweats with a loose, button up, white shirt with long sleeves and a few buttons undone, his toned, pale body showing a little.
His hair seemed loosely and his shoulders more relaxed while his expression remained serene. The metallic blue glasses perched on his perfect, pale nose made his knowing eyes all the more intelligent as he read a little black book that looked like a difficult read.
Raven’s bangs fell in his face more as he tiled his head a little and I realized that he did that to watch me. We shared a long look and he smiled softly as he closed his book.
“Well then, I’ll introduce my self more formally.”, he set aside his book, looking over the frames of his glasses at me and I truly wondered if he even needed to wear those.
The tall boy rose from his chair, taking off his glass and purposefully flipped his hair attractively from his insanely beautiful eyes and made an elegant bow, taking first Ai’s hand, “It is a pleasure to meet the friend of the girl the band and I have picked out.”, he nodded in greeting, “What is your name?”
Ai was beside herself. She was blushing and stammering as she answered, “U-Uh m-my name is uh...Ai…Ai Kuroki a-and its uh…n-nice to m-meet you t-too.”
“That’s a nice name. It means love doesn’t it?”, Raven asked in his alluring voice that seemed to resonated deep within your soul as you listen. I shivered slightly and he smirked at me.
“Miss Charming.”, he called in a sweet voice and I actually answered to him by looking at him. Ai caught this and probably began planning her questions for later.
“Yes Raven?”, I asked in monotone and he laughed then held my hand tenderly, looking up at me as he rolled up my glove and kissed my hand, ”I’m glad to have made your acquaintance, my beautiful Miss Charming.”
“My name isn’t Miss Charming. I’m Raine…Shinigami, Raine. Ai calls me by Kukai, Kai for short, and it’s my middle name.”, I said as I pulled my hand away from his gently.
“But it isn’t a very feminine name…”, Raven trailed off and I growled, “So what? You’re pretty feminine yourself Raven. Take a look at your eyelashes, they’re long and pretty little birdie.”, I said.
“Little…birdie?”, Raven smiled a bit and leaned back in his chair, “Are you my master then?”, he asked and before I answered, Ai’s phone rung.
“Hello? Mom? Oh that’s right, its time for us to leave.”, she said, indicating to me that we were late and that it was time to go.
“Uhm…”, I looked at Raven who was resting his head on his hand, dreamily drinking from his cup. After a content sigh, he smiled at me, “I can take you home, Kai-chan, I’ve got my car parked in the back.”
“Oh, okay.”, I kept my eyes on Raven as I touched Ai’s arm, ”Raven’s going to take me home so your mom doesn’t have to and tell her I said hi..”, I said then glanced at her apologetically.
She sighed, “Okay, okay. I’m coming. Kai’s got a ride and she says hi. Okay. Bye mom.”, Ai hung up and grabbed my arm then told Raven, “Girl talk.”, before pulling me out of hearing range.
“Don’t try anything on him and don’t let him come on to you. Talk about me and tell me everything tomorrow.”, Ai glared then smiled at me before waving at me and leaving, “See ya Kai.”
“Later Ai!”, I smiled and then turned to Raven who was smiling contently, “Is she a fan girl of mine?”, he asked calmly and I slowly nodded as I sat down again.
“Hmm… well you know that I belong to you. You are our master.”, Raven looked up at me intently, “We have been searching for Rakuen, the girl or boy we must serve and found you tonight.”
“I see.”, I said and mimicked his position with his head on top of his hands.
“I’m glad you understand then.”, he said seriously.
“Yes, I understand that you guys are insane occultist nut cases with angelic faces who sing and play very very well and apparently you have all chosen to use a poor defenseless teenage girl as a medium for some weirdo ritual.”
“You’re mistaken, Kai.”, Raven said firmly and I grinned, sensing the presence of four others, “Get out of your hiding places boys.”, a caught breath but no answer. I continued,” Kazuya, Louis, Naoren, and Damien.”, I called and they came out slowly, one by one.
Damien came out from behind the couch with Louis, Kazuya faded in from behind the shadows of the bookcase, and Naoren crawled out from under a table that had a long cloth flung over it which piled a little on the floor.
As he came out, Damien ran a hand through the back of his hair and ruffled it, “You have some sharp senses, as is expected of our Rakuen.”
Kazuya and Louis stood by each other, their exchanging expressions conveying mixed emotion. Kazuya watched me with curiosity and it seemed like he was having some inner battle with himself. Louis watched me with a sad and depressed look on his face that looked exactly like my own…
I stood up abruptly, my chair falling back to the ground with a loud clank, and pointed at Louis, “You look exactly like me!! Your face and your skin…even your eyes and hair!”, I felt myself shaking and at once, Raven had me in his arms. I could see nothing but the black cloth of Raven’s clothes.
I felt tired all of a sudden and could faintly hear Raven telling me something about my…brothers? I muttered something back about being an orphan. Then it all went black and I heard nothing.
~
Next thing I knew, I had woken up to ‘Teenagers’ by My Chemical Romance and it was Ai, texting me a wake up message. First, I looked at my clothes, the same as they were last night, and felt my hair and body before seeing my shoes and board by the door to my room. As I replied to Ai, I ended up looking through my contacts and noticed that there were five new names: Raven, Nao, Kazu, Grim (which had a note attached to it saying a.k.a. sexy beast/ Damien), and Louis.
I smelled roses in my room and noticed the black box on my bed. Inside were clothes and there was an envelope with all of their names signed on it, addressed to ’Master Rakuen’
“No fuckin’ way…”, I said to myself then went downstairs to feed my dogs, Isaac and Batou, and my three cats, Loki, Hecate, and Artemis/ Aru, then went back upstairs and took a shower.
Ai called as I was drying my hair, saying that she would meet me downstairs in fifteen minutes. I told her that I would be ready soon then hung up and glared at the opened box.
I pulled on the clothes and accessories in a hurry then grabbed my bag and went downstairs, sliding on the rail as I put on the boots.
At the door, I brushed my hair again, laced up my boots, and put in the little rose barrettes in my hair. I was a little early so I had some noodles for breakfast. All through the morning, I was thinking about what I had lost last night. I felt as if I forgot something important.
‘It has to do with family…’, I thought as I brushed my teeth and applied my eyeliner and mascara. I heard the doorbell then slung my bag over my shoulder and came out with my board then opened the door to Ai, who had her bike with her, “Mornin’ Ai, thanks for the call.”
“Yeah, yeah. I tried to call you last night like seven times! Where were you?”
“Sleeping?”, I managed a grin and hoped to myself that I really was sleeping. Ai shrugged and on the way to school she said, “There’s a new kid today, from London I think.”, but I didn’t realize that the ‘new kid’ would break into my daily routine.