Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Apocalypse Heaven Part 1 ❯ And the Tale Begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: And the Tale Begins


Sebek sighed as he sat on the rocky cliff's edge as the sun began to set on the calm waves below. He knew now was the time to go home but he couldn't make himself move, but then again he didn't really want to. Instead he found himself staring longingly at the waves below, all real thought gone from his head. Before he understood what was happening he crashed into the water head on diving into the bliss of the cool liquid on his skin. Sebek broke the surface of the water as he came up for air, as much as he loved swimming in that vast underwater world, he was only human right? And therefore he needed air.
As he was about to go back under Sebek felt a chill run down his spine as if someone sinister were watching. He swung his head around, his weightless body moving with him, as he looked in all directions. Suddenly caught sight of someone or something disappearing from the cliff he’d jumped off of only a few minutes earlier. After seeing the figure Sebek swam as fast as he could back to the closest shore and began to head back to the hotel, where he knew a hot bath waited for him as well as one girl ready to gossip.
--------
Heather looked out of the hotel that she was staying in until she completed her damn assignment "Why did Donovan have to pick a place that's completely surrounded by water anyway? California would have been perfectly fine." she sighed out in irritation. She took a step back from the window then turned towards her door "Maybe setting something on fire will make me feel better." Heather chuckled as she played with the small lighter in her hands.
She climbed down the stairs and headed towards the Hotel doors then stopped and searched her back pocket in search of her car keys. She had a midnight onyx Porsche and loved it has if it were her "baby", when she pulled out her keys she continued to walk to the doors. Heather saw a girl scowling at a bunch of kids then smirked Looks like somebody’s having a bad day, she thought as she walked over to her car, unlocking it before climbing inside.
"Mind if I get a ride?" Heather snapped her head around to spot the scowling goth girl that leaned against her car.
“I don’t know, I’ll think about it but while I do that, why don’t you get the fuck off my car.” Heather said with a sweet smile, something about this girl was totally off. Her mind was set on alarm mode telling her No, keep away from her, she's dangerous!
The girl backed up a bit making sure not to touch the car before giving Heather a sickly sweet smile, “How about now?”
Heather gave an aggravated sigh, as she ignored her gut instinct, “Yeah, hurry up and get in. Where are you headed?”
"There's a night club I was told to check out, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name!" The girl smiled sickeningly again.
Heather felt a chill run through her spine; something wasn't right about this girl. "I’m sorry but I‘m new to the area so I don‘t really know about crap like that." Heather said, then she started her car. The stereo was blasting music out, which made it better for Heather; the louder the music was the more she couldn’t hear the girl.
--------
Anthony sighed as he walked out of the Golden Orchid Hotel, reading the physics weekly magazine and listening to Frank Sinatra on his ipod. His nerves were completely rattled and if nothing else could calm his down then this would. Without even realizing it he walked straight into a car that was sitting in the almost deserted parking lot. This seemed to be a very bad move on his part, since this prompted the driver to get out of the car and shout at him angrily.
“Dude, What the hell?! This is an expensive car you can’t just go smudging it up because can’t watch were you’re going!” Anthony cringed, this wasn’t good. This girl should never be allowed to lose her temper, but how would he know that? They’d never met before and she definitely had a face he would remember.
“U-um I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.” He stammered pitifully, “If there’s any damage I’ll pay for it.” Anthony offered politely.
The girl looked him up and down assessing him a moment before saying, “I’ll make you my assistant while I’m here. You can work off the debt. You’ll get to do all the crap for me that I don’t want to do.” She didn’t even wait for him to reply, “My name’s Heather, don’t call me by anything else I hate nicknames.”
“A-ah, u-um my name’s Anthony, Anthony Dale.” He looked over her shoulder at the dark figure that sat in Heather’s car with curiosity as well as hesitation. “And who’s that?”
Heather’s head turned a bit to look at the girl, “No idea really, she just asked for a ride, but something about her just doesn’t feel right.”
“I was thinking the same thing.” And just as Anthony said this the girl got out of the car and took a few steps forward and thrust her hand towards him.
“Hi my name is Nisha Mesai, nice to meet you.” She smiles brightly, but some how he knew there was nothing bright about this girl in fact the vibes he was getting were down right evil.
All he could bring himself to do was nod politely, no way was he going to shake her hand. “You should go.” He didn’t even know what he just said as his head was beginning to feel funny and his body stared to ache like something was trying to force it’s way out.
“What? Why? What did I do? If I said anything to piss you off I’m sorry.” Nisha’s eyes were wide as she kept up with her act of purity.
“Your pathetic act at ‘innocence’ is starting to piss me off.” this wasn’t his voice wasn’t his anymore, he wouldn’t talk like this, curse words just weren’t part of his vocabulary.
He turned and leapt high in the air and instead of falling like any normal person might he stayed in the air. Before his mind could fully understand what was happening his body moved with a speed and precision no meager human could muster toward the top of the building. Anthony didn’t have to look back to know she was following him, in fact he could almost hear her taunts over the wind that pasted at an alarming velocity.
“I’ll get you little godling! Just you wait!” She hissed, “Your human body can only take some much, but I’ll make the pain last as long as I can!”
Anthony came to a complete halt, standing on nothing but air. Suddenly his body felt as light as a feather and his mind was in an odd state of mixed euphoria and apprehension, while still being totally alert. His eyes narrowed, taking on the look of slight boredom as his arm rose swiftly and the air around them came to a stop just before his arm swung back down and a current of air rushed toward the demon like a cutting blade. Had she not conjured her scythe just in time she would have been dead on the spot.
--------
Heather watched all of this in stunned silence. That boy didn't look like the weak little pushover he had earlier and that girl was definitely some kind of evil. All of this was mind-reeling and so totally out of this world that there seemed to be no words in her mind that could really describe what was going on. Watching this fight though, she could feel something in her waking up and begging to be let out. Slowly she could feel it in her chest, rising as it got warmer and warmer, until it was so hot she felt it might burn her from the inside out."Heather!" Anthony yelled as he sped down towards her, gliding on air. Right behind him was Nisha only she looked nothing like she did earlier, her dark brown eyes now gold, pupils were barely more than narrow slits and a large claw of a hand reached for Anthony as he made a mad dash for her.Just as Anthony reached her, Nisha reared back for an attack knowing Anthony wouldn't have any time to guard against this attack.The idea of this sent Heather into a rage that seemed to fuel the heat inside her chest until with the move of her arm a violent fire erupted in the air and shot out towards Nisha without restraint.
“Ah! Filthy HUMAN!!” Nisha shouted as she reverted back into her human form, almost completely unharmed. “The next time we meet it will be your downfall.” And with that she was gone.
Heather let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding, “Well, that . . . I can’t really . . . Well shit I can’t even form a real sentence! What the hell was that?”
“She’s a demon.” Anthony stated simply before glancing at Heather, “I think that it’s seriously insane but don’t know how I know that, I just do but my mind is working is ways I can’t understand anymore, telling me things I don’t think I should know.” his hands came up to his face and began to squeeze at his head as if were trying to stop it physically.
Heather slapped him forcefully over the back of the head, this caused him to look at her, eyes questioning, “Stop being emo, okay? It really fucking pisses me off when people start worrying about shit they can’t control. So quit it.”
Anthony nodded, “I’ll be fine, thank you.”
Heather shrugged, “Hey no worries, but it seems that things have gotten a little too complicated for my liking.”

End chapter 1.