Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Becoming X ❯ Vol. Two, Chap. Eight: Roll On ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Roll On
The next day was normal for the city of Kobe. But sadly, not for long! Kim looked around from their motel room. She smiled wickedly. “This will be cake!” she yelled out. She turned back to Chachi. “Got the route memorized?” she asked. “Yep!” he called. “Great!” the smoking gun called out. “We're all set!” “Actually,” Chachi cut in. “Let's get something to eat first! I'm starved!” Usually, she would get mad at a question like that. But today, she felt lucky! So she said, “Sure, why not?” Chachi grinned. “I was thinking Chinese,” he suggested. “Whatever!” his partner said aloud pleasantly.
Meanwhile on the other side of town, twelve-year-old Clover Mori was heading off to church camp. She led a normal life. Loving parents, only child, nice teachers, decent school, great friends, nice neighborhood, nice and normal life. Clover never expected too much from anyone. She just assumed everything would be normal until she died. But the girl didn't expect the whirlwind vast at arriving to come in and suck her down into a world of crime and distraction.
 
Roll on, these doors are open
 
Roll off, you can come next time,
 
I'm in love with your confusion, on your knees
 
When you're breathing through your elbows,
 
Down on me, down on me
 
Roll on roll off,
 
Roll on roll off,
 
Don't take that wrong
 
Don't take that wrong
 
The day slipped by slowly. Night sprung upon Kobe like a lion upon a gazelle. The events fell neatly into place. Kim and Chachi had a nice break for once in their wild crime spree. They had lunch at a Chinese noodle and rice bar. Kim went out shopping at the most expensive shops while Chachi went to the local bars and casinos. Then, the pair ate at a fancy Italian restaurant. It was the first time Chachi ever saw Kim in a dress. She actually looked like a lady in her strapless curve-hugging new red dress. Chachi looked nice himself. This was the first time he wore a suit. The pair feasted on the finest meals.
However after desert, it was back to work. Kim and Chachi were in the car ready to rob the city safe. This was going to be one hell of a heist!
Elsewhere, Clover had a good day. She got to play with her friends, make her usual colorful crafts, sing, and feast on yummy treats. Now, she was waiting outside of the church for her parents. The girl had wandered out before dismal to use the bathroom. (She was able to slip away quietly.) The little girl knew they would be late getting her. But she didn't mind. All Clover wanted was a good dinner, a nice bath, and a soft bed. But, what she got was so much more.
 
Roll up, these doors are open,
 
Load up, come next time
 
Don't try to hurry me along,
 
Just walk ahead a little gone
 
Roll on roll off,
 
Roll on roll off,
 
Don't take that wrong
 
Don't take that wrong
 
The night grew later. Clover kept waiting. She was excited to do so. The girl even began counting down the minutes. Then, she saw a car pull in across the street. Clover was excited at first. But then, she saw that something was wrong.
Clover kept watching quietly. The car stopped and a woman got out of it. She cautiously looked around. Clover instantly knew that wasn't her mother. Who was this lady and why was she at the city vault?
Kim turned back to the car. She gave Chachi the thumbs up sign. Her partner smiled back at her. The smoking gun turned back to the huge safe. She put her hand over the lock. A warm glow formed under it. Kim began chanting to herself. The light grew stronger and hotter.
Soon, the light shout out of her hand and blasted the lock. The metal melted into dust in a flash. Clover watched from across the street in shock. How could this woman just melt a lock like that? Kim pulled the safe open. All of the city's money sparkled inside. The smoking gun pulled out her purse and began stuffing the cash in it. Chachi was watching her from the car. He was proud of her work. But, that soon faded.
The driver happened to look over and see Clover standing across the street. Suspicion filled him quickly. Once Kim was done, she raced to the car and got in. She was grinning in pride. “Really great scheme, huh?” she asked. Her partner didn't say a word. In fact, he looked pale with concern. Kim kept looking at him. “What?” she asked. “What's with you?” Chachi said nothing. He just pointed out the window. Kim slowly turned behind her. She too saw the little girl. Clover kept staring at them in complete shock. How could someone rob the city of its money?
This was a real problem. The duo had a witness now. This was not good. “What are we going to do?” Chachi asked. Kim thought about that for a moment. Then, an idea hit her. “Drive over to her!” the smoking gun called out. Chachi stared at her confused. “Why?” he asked. “Just do it!” Kim yelled out. Chachi shrugged and complied.
Clover watched as the car pulled closer. This wasn't good. The car stopped and Kim got out. The girl's eyes grew big and she began running. The smoking gun began chasing her. Chachi watched from inside the car.
The chase took minutes. In the end, Kim was dragging the little girl to the car. The smoking gun forced the door open and shoved the kid in. Kim got in as well. “DRIVE!!!” she yelled. “Right!” Chachi called out. Then, he put the car in drive and sped off! Clover sat in the car scared. Where were these people taking her? Would she ever see her family again? Would she even live to see her family again? There was no telling. But, Clover was in for one Hell of a ride!
 
Roll on, going down on me,
 
Roll off, make it easy on me,
 
You can't think you're someone special,
 
On your knees,
 
We're throwing punches underwater,
 
Sink with me, sink with me, sink
 
Roll on roll off,
 
Roll on roll off,
 
Something is sinking
 
Something is sinking
 
Something is sinking
 
Something is sinking
 
Something is sinking
Something is Sinking