Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Becoming X ❯ Vol. Two, Chap. Nine: Wasted Early Sunday Morning ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wasted Early Sunday Morning
Days slowly went by. Clover was adjusting to Kim and Chachi's ways bit by bit. It was quite simple really. All she had to do was keep her mouth shut. When the duo stopped at checkpoints, Clover had to pretend to be their daughter. When asked any questions, the girl made for the best child actress. Clover never asked any questions. But, one thing bothered her so. Why didn't Kim ever kill any other the hostages? Every time she and Chachi robbed a bank, everyone stayed. Clover just couldn't figure it out.
Today, she, Kim, and Chachi were in the middle of nowhere. Desert was everywhere. You see, the trio became trailed by the cops in Osaka. It wasn't by any simple careless mistakes. It was high technology. Tiny chips are played into cars now. These devices tell about the care and drivers to the police. Well, Chachi doesn't have a good record. (Chips are only checked once a month at random. So it seemed safe at the time.) A cop was just on his coffee break at the time and wasn't paying close attention. Chachi drove by normally to avoid suspicion. But sadly, the rental car's chip activated the cop's scanner. The young pig was startled by its loud buzzing and quickly read the screen. Chachi's arrest record came up in a flash. The cop quickly called the station.
Pretty soon, the chase began. “You idiot!” Kim screamed out as Chachi was speeding away from the cops. “You know they have chips in the damn cars now!” “I didn't know they were checking them today, you bitch!” the driver shot back. “JUST DRIVE!!!” the smoking gun yelled out. Chachi sped up faster.
The chase went on the whole morning. It all looked like a stalemate. But luckily, Chachi knew a little shortcut. The man drove the women straight into the desert. For some reason, cop cars don't work too well in the desert. With the pigs stuck in the heat, Chachi and his ladies drove away to safety. Everything started looking up for the trio. But then, more problems arose.
Then the rental car broke down in the middle of the desert. Smoke rose up from the hood. All three looked out. “What's wrong?” Clover asked. The driver didn't answer. He just leapt out of the car and went in front of the vehicle. Chachi opened the hood and looked inside. Kim and Clover waited nervously.
After a few seconds, Chachi looked up. He looked disappointed. “Bad news, girls,” the driver called out. “The car needs everything! I'd fix it now, but I don't have the right equipment!” A pause came. “So what do we do?” Clover asked at last. “What else?” Chachi asked as he slammed the hood shut. “We're walking to the next town!” The girl raised an eyebrow at him. “From out here?” she asked. The driver looked back at Clover. “What else can we do kid?” he asked. Clover sat back and said nothing. The man had a point.
Kim remained quiet the whole time. Pieces of her cold past was coming back to haunt. The desert was the last place she wanted the car to break down. Chachi cleared his throat loudly. Kim and Clover looked at him. “Come on girls!” he yelled out. “Right…” they said uneasily. Then, the trio got out of the car and started walking. Chachi took the license plate of the car and took the money with them.
 
You're not the sun
 
It's just a light
 
Waking on a Sunday morning
 
You're not the church
 
It's just the bells
 
Ringing sweetly through the house
 
And if this sense of mind
 
You got an answer
 
And i am not this rare
 
You're still in reach
 
I please myself
 
Wasted early Sunday morning
 
You're not my lead
 
You're just my help
 
Tuck me in just denied
 
And in this state of mind
 
You want a want
 
Nothing close to what i need
 
I breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
The walk through the desert was a long and silent one. Chachi and Clover kept their minds on the trail. Kim's mind was on her past. The failures of the Wang-Tan were dragged out into the desert, beaten up to near death, and left to die. Their sons and brothers were humiliated and killed out her as well. Their wives, sisters, and daughters were wedded off to the remaining clan against their will without any questions. Kim had seen too many bodies being burnt in the sun. Thinking about it all made her shudder.
“Shige-san, are you all right?” someone asked. The smoking gun quickly looked down. Clover was looking up at her. “Hm?” Kim asked at last. “Are you okay, Shige-san?” the little girl asked. Kim stared at her for a moment. Then, she said, “Yeah, I'm fine.” “Okay…” Clover said uneasily. The trio kept on walking.
The desert became creepier by each step. Kim fought her hardest to keep it together. Che could not let Chachi and Clover see her break down into tears. It would ruin everything. But being here in the desert was testing her sanity. “I wish we could get out of here and into a nice city!” she thought.
Within a few miles, the trio came into a city. They had never been happier in their lives. Kim felt herself relax again. The nightmare was over. (For now, anyway.)
Meanwhile, they had tracked her down again at long last. “So what shall we do now boss?” one of the dogs asked. The leader smiled to himself viciously. “Take this to her.” he replied. Then, the boss handed the dog a folded piece of paper. His worker nodded. “I'm on it!” he called out. Then, the dog ran out the door. The boss grinned to himself. “Found you!” he thought in pride. Then, the boss snickered to himself.
 
You suit yourself
 
Lose myself
 
Breaking up a Sunday morning
 
You're not the sun
 
You're not my church
 
I still hold some self-control
 
But in this sense of mind
 
Still too high
 
With no hands
 
I breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
Breathe you in
 
I breathe you
 
I breathe you
 
I breathe you
 
I breathe you
 
I breathe you
I Breathe You In