Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Becoming X ❯ Vol. Two, Chap. Twelve: 6 Underground NHE ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

6 Underground NHE
Chachi stood outside of the hospital. He was on guard duty. That was all he could do really. Kim's fate hung over her head. The wait was an ugly one. He was lucky to get her to a hospital when he did. Any second longer and she would've been dead. Now all he could co was wait. This was going to be the longest night in his life.
 
Take me down, 6 underground
 
The ground beneath your feet
 
Laid out low, nothing to go
 
Nowhere a way to meet
 
I've got a head full of drought
 
Down here, so faroff losing out
 
Round here
 
Overground, watch this space
 
I'm open to falling from grace
 
Calm me down, bring it round
 
Too way high off your street
 
I can see like nothing else
 
In me you're better than I wannabe
 
Don't think 'cos I understand
 
I care, don't think 'cos I'm talking we're friends
 
Overground, watch this space
 
I'm open to falling from grace
 
“So what happens next?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
“Where will you go?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
Chachi looked up and saw her face. They just stared at each other for a while.
 
“Why did she run off like that?”
 
“*A paused of silence*”
 
“Well…. I'm waiting.”
 
“She had a debt to pay.”
 
“What debut?”
 
“This'll take a while to explain.”
 
“Well, go on! I've got the time.”
 
She paused and thought about it. This was going to be a hard story to tell. But, Chachi had to know the truth. Well, here goes.
 
“She was in a mafia.”
 
“She was a weapon for the mob. She was used to kill people. She didn't have many family, just an old grandfather. When he did of suicide, the Wang-Ton collected her. The boss, Carp-Face, saw great potential in her.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Her sun powers.”
 
“Her what?”
 
“Solar powers. Her body houses the powers of the sun. She is able to melt and burn this with it. And when she has enough, it can be made into a powerful bomb.”
 
“Is that what…?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“She tried to commit suicide?”
 
“No! She was trying to take them all out and win her freedom.”
 
“How do you know all of this?”
 
“Because, I am Sol.”
 
The sun child stepped forward. She was just as bright as the sun itself. Her hair was bright red. She looked like a smaller version of Kim. Sol was naked except for the sheets that were wrapped around her small body. She just smiled at him.
“I have been in Kim's soul since she was born. Carp-Face has used me for greed and evil.” Sol went on. “But since she has used me for good, I am free again.” Chachi stared at her in shock. “So, will Kim be alright?” he asked. “Of course.” she replied. “Of course she will.” Chachi smiled in response. “Good,” he said. “Good!”
 
Talk me down, safe and sound
 
Too strung up to sleep
 
Wear me out, scream and shout
 
Swear my time's never cheap
 
I fake my life like I've lived
 
Too much, I take whatever you're given
 
Not enough
 
Overground, watch this space
 
I'm open
 
I fake my life like I've lived
 
Too much, I take whatever you're given
 
Not enough
 
Overground, watch this space
 
I'm open to falling from grace
 
The sun rose the next morning. Kim wasn't in her room. She had checked out and left on her own. Chachi didn't seem bothered, he knew he would see her again soon. He let Clover go. (“What would be the point of keeping you around?” he asked. “But, I might tell on you!” the little girl protested in a joke. Chachi just smiled at her. “Trust me,” he said. “I know you won't” Clover then went on to live a normal life.)
Chachi drove alone again. He didn't know where he was going. But he knew he would meet Kim there someday. Sol told him so.
Take Me Down