Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Brandon' Big Adventure ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

In an old house that was abandoned in a dark neighborhood, it was around fall time and Halloween was coming up, pretty soon a young boy was going to live there with his sisters and two parents. The boy's name was Brandon. He was a rather shy thirteen year old who was a bit of a loner.

He had two older sisters one he was very close with, was named Carly who was seventeen years old and she was a rather cheerful girl. She wasn't interested in having a relationship or having many friends.she just loved and cared about her family.

His other sister Kat was rather quiet and didn't like to be bothered allot. She was fifteen years old and she was more anti social then Brandon. She used to be happy and talk more to her siblings when she was younger, but had gotten more moody over the years.

Brandon cared about his two sisters and he enjoyed spending time with them, especially around holidays and family outings when they were younger. In recent years the three siblings had rather grown apart, but still talked sometimes.

Brandon didn't really talk to his parents very much as they were busy allot. He didn't have any friends at school back at his old hometown, but he hoped to have better luck at his new school.

Brandon' father pulled the car up to the old house and Brandon and his sisters were a little surprised as the house didn't look like any that had seen not too far away. The house looked about eighty years old, and it had a few broken Windows as well as an old wooden door that had a crack on it. The house was pretty big however as it had about four bedrooms, three bathrooms as well as a basement and a garage and it ha a big backyard where Brandon would later discover.

Brandon, sitting with his two sisters in the back of the car looked nervously out the window. "Wow, I've never seen something so horrifying and coolly at the same time."

"Well, guess it's the right time of the year to be in a house like this. Don't be scared ,Brandon, I'll look out for you." His sister Carly said with a smile.

Carly cared for Brandon, but she tended to be a bit too overprotective of him which irritated him sometimes. He then sighed and said, "Carly, I'm not scared of that house. I think it looks pretty cool."

"You're scared of that house and you know it." Kat said as she was looking into a smallmirror with an angry look and putting dark eye liner on her eyelids and black lipstick. Kat was a gothic girl, who often was mean, but at times she showed she cared for Brandon. She often wore black boots, jeans and leather coats, and she had long back hair.

Carly wore blue and red sweaters, a jean skirt, with knee high socks and red sneakers. Her long hair was light brown and she usually kept in a ponytail or pigtails, and kept it Dow, depending on the day.

Brandon wore short Brown pants, blue or black shirtshirts, and black shoes. He had dark hair and he was slightly shorter then his two older sisters.

Brandon's father pulled the car up at the house and he, their mother, and Brandon with his two sisters, entered the house, slowly.

Brandon was carrying a large backpack on his back, that was pulling his weight back a little and he looked scared as he was stepping through the door. Kat was just smiling and Carly didn't like the house very much.

Brandon's father then found the light switch and they were a in for a surprise. The house looked very big and it had nice furniture as well as a large tv-set left behind, though it looked about twenty years old.

Brandon looked around the house and so did his two sisters. Brandon then looked out into the backyard which was very big and had allot of large trees and there were not of piles of leaves as it was fall time . Brandon thought it looked pretty nice, so he pulled a flashlight out of his backpack and decided to look into what was outside. He has some large pumpkins that were by the trees and also heard some rather strange noises and laughing. "What is that?" He said to himself. He then slipped down an edge, landing in a pile of leaves

He stood up and looked around as there were some weird things vin his backyard thanks did not expect. He walked around, looking very carefully and he then tripped over a large pumpkin that looked different then any other Jack O'lantern he had ever seen.

He looked a little more closely and he touched it and it then moved it's mouth a little as lighting flashed in the sky. Brandon then ran back to his house and he was slipping in the big pile of leaves.

He also saw a skull sticking out of the ground under some of the leaves and he heard thunder bolts.

Meanwhile, inside the house, Kat and Carly were helping Brandon's parents get the rest of the stuff moved into the house. Carly then sighed as she was carrying a heavy box and said, "Where's Brandon? It's not like him to not help the family?

Brandon then rushed from the back door and he dropped his flashlight on the floor and he said, "Guys, I think this house is haunted!"

Kat just looked at him and laughed a little. Brandon then looked at her annoyed and said, "I'm serous! I saw it out side. There's a big pumpkin that's alive."

Carly then laughed and walked over to Brandon, grabbed his hand and said, "Oh, Brandon. You're so silly. I think you just need to lie down you've had a long day."

Brandon then started stuttering, "But- you guys-"

Brandon's mother then took him upstairs to his new bedroom, where most of his stuff was already packed. What made Brandon even more scared is when his mother took him inside his new room, holding his hand he saw there was a big window that led to the backyard.

Brandon held on to his mother's hand and said, "I have a bad feeling about this place, man. I saw something out in the back yard." Brandon was shaking, nervously.

His mother tucked him into his bed which was close to the window and said, "It's all in your head, Brandon. Now get some rest." She then closed the door.

Brandon then sat out of bed for a second and he looked out the window and saw wind blowing and he saw the big pumpkin from down as it turned around as there was lighting in the sky.

Brandon then got back into bed and his under his small blanket and he then reached into his backpack and pulled out a book about supernatural creatures and paranormal legends. Brandon had encounters with ghost as a kid and he had been looking for as much information as he used since he was nine years old.