Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Break Ups And Lies ❯ The Warning ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thurs. December 7th2006
 
 
The next day at school, it seemed as if everyone was talking about Aaron and me. They were all pointing, smiling, and some even giving me bad looks (I guess I got to him before they got the chance haha!) When I got to my locker, I noticed a giant remember stamp that was on the calendar in my locker, it said: MAJOR TEST TODAY!! COUNTS 50% OF YOUR LANGUAGE MARK!!!
 
How come I didn't notice that before? I thought. Well, I'm good at language I should be okay I thought. I walked into Ms.Lucas's class and did the test. For the whole time, I didn't know what I was doing. I was either guessing the answers, or waiting for the test to be over. It took 3 periods to do one test, because some of the nerds in my class wanted to check their answers! Argh!
 
 
Lunch!! I thought, my favourite part of the day...I've gained 10 pounds from eating all that junk food. But I just couldn't stop! I grabbed a chocolate cake and sat down at a table with Amy and Chris. “Hi Colleen!” Amy said smiling, “Hi.” I said back. Just then, Jessica and Stephanie stopped at our table.
 
“Hello Colleen.” Jessica said smiling, “What do you want?” I said miserably, “Well.” Jessica said calmly, “We heard about you and Aaron and thought, that you needed a makeover.” “Not in a bad way.” Stephanie said softly, “Like, new friends, more clothes…and other stuff too…like really, do you think the most popular guy in school is going to have a girlfriend who hangs out with nerds?”
 
I thought about what Stephanie said, and she was right. In all of the shows it was Mr. Popular dates Ms. Popular no nerds involved. “Why don't you guys just leave, Colleen doesn't want to hang around you.” Chris said bravely, “Why don't you let Colleen decide who she wants to hang out with, you fashion rejects!” Jessica exclaimed, I could tell she was beginning to get upset and impatient.
 
“Colleen, are you going to let them talk to us like that?” I looked down, and then said, “I think they're right.” It was then that I saw Amy's expression change. It went from defensive, to hurt, to anger. “I would never have believed that someone who was my best friend for 10 years, would ditch us for people who treat her like dirt.” Amy snapped.
 
“You know what?” I said getting up from my seat. “I don't need you nerds anyway, I don't know how I was ever your friends.”
 
“We don't need you either.” Amy said trying to defend herself, while Chris just sat there with a distant look on his face. “When Aaron dumps you for another girl and you fall flat on your face, don't expect us to come and comfort you.” Amy said angrily, I turned around and walked over to Jessica and Stephanie's table and sat down.
 
“Some friends they turned out to be.” I said angrily, “I know…but you'd except that from people who wear ankle-pants.” Jessica said drinking a sip of water. “Oh and by the way.” Stephanie in a soft voice, “Sorry about before…things were different then.” “But since you're cool now, You're invited to my house for a makeover, I live a few blocks from you so you should know where I live.” Jessica said smiling. “Meet us there at 5:00” then at that moment the bell rang, and we all went inside.
 
For the rest of the day I was barely paying attention to any of the classes I was in, I was popular now, I thought, this was the good thing that was going to happen to me…all of this was the good thing.
 
The bell interrupted my thoughts; it was time to go already? I walked outside and then remembered that I was going to have to walk home alone. Jessica and Stephanie? Cheerleading practise. Aaron? Basketball practise. And Amy and Chris where out of the picture. As I was walking home, a girl I didn't know tapped my shoulder, she looked worried.
 
“Who are you?” I asked her. “I'm Cheryl,” she answered. “Uh… I'm-” “I know who you are.” She interrupted, “I just came here to warn you.” “Warn me? About what?” I asked shakily beginning to get scared. “Aaron.” She answered, “He'll ruin your life…he'll do the same thing that he did to me.” Said Cheryl. But I didn't listen.
 
Was everyone THAT desperate for Aaron that they would make up something like this? “Ok, do you expect me to believe someone that just walks up to me telling me random things?” I snapped. “What I'm telling you is the truth! Aaron is a cheater! If you think that this is going to last forever, you're wrong! I know what you're thinking, you're thinking, I'm hanging out with all the popular girls in school, and my boyfriend and I are going to be together forever…I thought that too, but then it happened, he”-
 
“You're lying!” I interrupted. “You just want Aaron to yourself like everyone else in this school…you could be telling me lies right now, so then I would break up with him, and he'll be available for you.” I cried.
 
“Aaron is the only reason why you're popular right now, J.S is only your “friends” because in their twisted messed up brains, they think, that they would be more popular if they hung out with Aaron's girlfriend, but as soon as Aaron's gone, they'll turn their backs on you, and everyone will hate you, even the friends you had before.”
 
I could see that Cheryl's voice was beginning to get shaky; I could tell that she was holding back tears. “And all you could do is blame yourself…I just wished that someone would've told me what I'm telling you before it happened to me.” She said, and just like that, she turned around and walked away.
 
I watched her walk away until she was barely in sight. I then turned around and thought about what she had told me. Was it really true? Was I being…used? No! I thought quickly. Aaron would never do that to me…would he?
 
 
After that, I doubted going to Jessica's house anymore, but I soon changed my mind, and got ready. Then, walked over to her house. Her house seemed so much bigger than mine, and prettier too. I rung the doorbell, I heard a few giggles then the door opened.
 
Jessica and Stephanie grabbed me and sat me down in a chair. “Okay Colleen, we are going to give you the best make over you are ever going to get!” Stephanie exclaimed.
 
Jessica had already started putting on makeup, and showing different clothes. While Stephanie was giving me a manicure, and a pedicure all at the same time.
 
Then they both straighten and curled my hair. It took about 2 hours and a half, but it was worth it…I looked GREAT!!! “Thanks so much! You guys are the best!” I said.
 
I guess I sounded overly happy because Jessica then asked, “Haven't you ever gotten your nails done? Or hair curled before?” I looked down.
 
“Yeah! Of course I have!” I lied. “Well, promise you wear your hair, and everything like that tomorrow…okay?” Stephanie said breaking the silence. “Sure” I promised, and then left to go home.
 
_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_-*-_ -*-_-*-_-*-_
 
Lola: There! Another chapter…
 
Aaron: Haven't you noticed that I'm not in this chapter at all!!
 
Lola: Yeah you are!! Cheryl was talking about you!
 
Aaron: It's not the same!! I'm leaving! I'll go join a tv show like…Sponge Bob!!
 
Lola: >.> If you leave…I'll kill you in this story…
 
Break Ups And Lies Cast: *gasp*
 
Aaron: Fine! I'll stay! Lola is so scary when she's mad!!
 
Lola: Okay!! So another chapter, and not 1 review!! *Sigh* I'll get over it, but MAYBE you'll get an earlier chapter if I get 1 review!!
 
ByeBye!!