Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Caged Bird ❯ Sleep ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Info Junk:

Title: Caged Bird

By: Melissa Norvell

Genre: Angst/Romance/Horror/Psychological

Rating: T

Number of chapters: 5

Warnings: Dark themes, Violence, Hetero pairings

Summary: An angel is something that cannot belong to anyone. If the angel begins to consider someone precious to them, it's as if you are saying that the world is in the hands of the one who is thought of like that. This is why the angel is left alone.


XxXxXx

Caged Bird
Prologue


An angel is something that cannot belong to anyone. If the angel begins to consider someone precious to them it's as if you are saying that the world is in the hands of the one who is thought of like that. This is why; the angel was left alone…


In a tall, lush tree a small girl in a white dress with large, white wings looked out across the green surroundings of her bird-cage prison. A frilled bonnet rested on her head which covered tawny strands of shoulder-length, thin hair and fluffy bangs that framed a small, pale face with large, round saddened eyes that were as green as the elaborate foliage that surrounded her. There was a hopelessness that bled through the form of an angel that had been sealed away for the world to forget.


The only thing that escaped through her cage was a haunting and beautiful song that was sung by a light and sad voice. People could often hear the lyrics to this song that was preformed once a day and felt captivated. Some were even overcame by the sheer sorrow of the tune and shed tears for the lonely maiden who sung it.


Sitting here


Watching the world


Decay all around me


The essence of life drains


Caged bird with broken wings


Horror-picture moving in slow motion


Won't you please


Please help me


Drowning in despair


Kept in this place


Broken wings cannot fly


Into the Garden of Eden


Please…


Please help me…


I call out to you…


Please…


Please help me


For my caged heart longs to be free.


A young man shot up from bed out of a deep sleep with widened dark blue eyes. His black hair was in disarray and his well-muscled form was covered in a thin layer of sweat. It had all been so real to him. This angelic girl who appeared to be only sixteen in age had sung a song of sweet sorrow that spoke to his very soul. His thoughts reeled through his head as questions plagued him.


'Who is she? This angel who appears in my dreams?' He wondered.


Please…


Please help me…


To Be Continued…