Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cain The Life Bringer ❯ Our Rebel, Our Hope ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It has been three weeks since she had been taken here to this dark, dreaded prison of ours, forced into the cell across from mine. She had been given a white night gown, the very one we all wore, and had nothing left but her rather large panda bear. We could all hear her cursing and her loud, disrespectful protests about the bear.
She spat on the guard's polished shoes as he walked by. The guard nearly ripped the cell door, which was a collection of tall black bars in a door arrangement like normal prisons, and grabbed her by the neck, taking her to the execution hall. He gathered the rest of us to come watch.
We assembled in our groups outside as he threw her onto the snow covered ground. If I was correct, today is December 1st and snow has been coming down for about two weeks now. It looked cold and felt cold underneath our dirtied bare feet as we watched our savior, our last shot at hope, be thrown onto the hard ground.
In whispers, we expressed to eachother our fear. We feared that they would kill Cain. Her name isn't really Cain, she had never shared her name with us. She often urges us to rise up together to overcome our guards in groups but we are too afraid to do so and plus, we didn't have her amount of strength and courage.
Cain is what gives us hope. We call her that because thats what inspecters had called her and because most of us thought that we were sinners to have been handed this horrible fate. It was the appropriate name for someone who fought for the damned.
She was a fallen angel with those long, oversized sleeves that hid her dirtied hands and even with dirt smeared on her face, it was still beautiful. Her skin had been beautifully tan when she came but now had paled to a porcelain color that gave a lunar shine to her face from the moonlight that shone through her barred window.
Cain never washed her hair, even when they began to treat her better and give her running water in a sink that installed on the wall with a mirror. The minute the guard left, she stood up from her soiled, bloody bed, and banged her head onto the mirror, shattering it. She gathered up the fallen pieces and hid them between her matresses and in a hole she had dug in the corner.
They gave her plates of food which she never ate. Instead, she wash the meat they gave her then cut it into pieces with the broken pieces of the mirror. She'd distribute them around the cells since we were rarely given food.
All of us have poles and pipes above us in our cells. Cain would somehow hoist herself by the time we were awake to watch. She would do what she called "pull ups" before going onto the ground to do "push ups" and "sit ups" on the cell's floor. Cain seemed to never sleep. Sometimes she'd nap, but only lightly and would awake at the smallest noise. We used to always cry loudly, sobbing in our cells but that all stopped when Cain came to us.
Whenever she naps, we whisper to eachother, "Careful not to wake Cain.", and pass it along the prisons. It would become dead quiet and soon enough, we began napping when she did.
I've never been allowed to touch Cain before. When we get our ten minute recess, she'd stay inside her cell or argues with the guards and whenever she did go out, she was running laps and doing exercises. Today, I got to touch her.
"Is this an execution?",someone asked and I just shrugged. I never talked much at all, but people here are used to what I do. The guard grinned and announced to us, "This is what happens when children are misbehaved!", he tied her arms up from her elbows to her palms and wrists in thorns and barbwire which tore into her soft, beautiful skin as she struggled to hit the guard.
She managed to bite him in the arm, tearing a good amount of skin and muscle out, until he punched her off. Cain spit out blood then smirked, "Is that all you got?"
He scoffed,"Well aren't you the brave one.", he taunted before wrapping her lower legs in the same tangled barbwire and thorns except that she was chained to the ground, on her knees with her legs restrained by chains to the ground.
The guard put his foot on the small of her back, probably feeling the muscle she built up from working out. She looked so fragile and thin from having not eaten much except a few scraps of meat and bread she left for herself. There was barely an ounce of fat on her, like the rest of us, except that she was muscled.
I've seen her tending to her wounds, taking off her gown to show her bruised, cut, and other wise dirty body, make shift shorts covered her legs and a part of her blanket had covered her rather large breasts. Some children were raped but they never raped Cain.
Her body was toned with a buff, flat abdomen and a slender waist, her legs were the amazingly toned legs of a nymph in mythology that could take her anywhere with the potentially lethal grace of a feline predator and the silence of death.
Cain smirked, her sharp, fang-like canines seemed to bite into her cut lip. The guard slapped her then undid the zipper on the back of her gown. He brought down the whip to her bared back, her breasts were covered since the sleeves of her gown remained on her arms instead of falling to the ground.
Her bleeding, bruising back was to me as the guard laughed sadictically, "Well Cain!? You fucking sinner! Cry! Scream! Beg for mercy!!"
She grit her teeth in a tight smirk, her rosy lower lip bleeding for a cut down the middle. Cain never cried, never screamed, and never begged for mercy. He continued this abuse for about an hour it seemed before cutting her down from her restraints.
Her arms and legs were bleeding and torn, the wounds not deep but still bleeding in large amounts, and her back was covered in gashes from the whip. He adressed us, "Now who here will be in charge of cleaning and dressing this bitch's wounds!?"
I stood forward timidly and he dropped down a bucket and massive amounts of gauze in rolls. A friend of mine came to help me carry Cain. She looked like a fallen angel. To us, she was not a fallen godess, she was a godess reborn right now. Undefeated. In a strange way, it was as if by being beaten without screaming, she had won today. Cain always won.
We set Cain on the bed, sitting up, before removing the garment carefully and washing her body which was covered by her make shift underclothes, remarkably low in damage. After washing her, I dressed the wounds in gauze after applying the disinfectant. I continuously wrung the rag over the bucket, dipping the rag in then pulling it out and washing again until she stood up, stretching her arms.
Standing there, towering above my kneeling form with her muscled body, she was the absolute image of strength as she climbed up to her pipes again and began working out, although she often winced slightly when she used one arm or one leg.
After I cleaned up, I turned to leave but as I moved to follow my friend out, her voice, sweet and strong all at the same time, "Wait.", she commanded and I listened. I heard Cain jump down and come up behind me, "Whats your name?", I turned to look at her.
How utterly beautiful she was with her gown pulled down to her hips like a skirt with the sleeves tied around her waist. Her toned abdomen glistened with sweat, most likely from the 'crunches' she did, hanging from her pipes.
"I don't have a name.", I said simply. It was true. I had no name before coming here when I was very young, my mother had been killed and didn't name me. I just came here, they gave me a number, and that number was my name, "But my number is 12-22.", I said.
"12-22? I'm number 13-13 but my name is....", she trailed off and I interjected, "Cain?", Cain looked at me, rather dumbfounded, "That isn't my name. I know you all see me as Cain because you guys think you're sinners, but really, you kids here are sweet. Though the name does suit me for me a sinner..."
"No! You are a fallen angel and our source of hope!", I yelled then covered my mouth. She laughed and ruffled my hair, "I'll give you a name, 12-22. Aiden. It means Born Of Fire. You're a sweet kid.", then Cain smiled wolfishly, "My real name is Echo. Echo Reese.", I could feel the blood rush to my face and knew I was blushing.
"Aiden...", I mumbled then looked to her, "Echo...", Cain nodded, "But don't tell anyone! It's a secret. Hi-mi-tsu.", she said with a finger over her soft lips.
"Himitsu?", Cain nodded again, "It means secret in Japanese.", and with that, she returned to her poles and recess began. I left to walk around and play basketball with the others while she was left alone in her cell to work out. Just then, I realized that she was always working out for something. She was going to do something but to do that she needed strength...
These thoughts lingered in my head until it finally happened when that day came and the vampire, the inspecter, came back to choose this month's two people. Those two people would be taken away...I wonder who is next...