Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Capricious Infection ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
XxXxXx

Title: Capricious Infection
By: Melissa Norvell
Rating: T/M

Pairings: All. Not even kidding there is a lot of pairings in here.

Genre: Adventure/Horror/Gothic Romance/Psychological/Action/Fantasy/Post-Apocalypt ic/Sci-Fi/Pretty much everything but Western

Warnings: Gore, Language, Graphic Content, yaoi and yuri, there will also be references to social Darwinism, Death and Violence.

Summary: ALL PAIRINGS. They walk on the shadows of illusions, death becomes a key factor in the siege of paradoxes and the outcome of a war of time and space rests on the shoulders of humans who once lived life in the eyes of a gamer. Will they become destined gods or executed war heroes? Story is better than summary.


XxXxXxXx


Capricious Infection
By: Melissa Norvell
Prologue


Created: 10/13/08
Written: 10/15/12


I always knew that I had a special purpose in life, but I never imagined that it would be anything as important as this.

Many years ago, I met an online friend who changed my life forever. He was simply known as capriciouscarnage. This man was rather eccentric, with the mouth of a sailor and an attitude that gave self-importance a new meaning. The other quirk he held was an extremist view about an apocalypse. We met in a forum that was talking about the end of the world, and we bonded over our similar views on it.

Even before I joined the forum, I had always thought that I was walking on the edge of an apocalypse. The value of human life was diminishing, and it was so easily sacrificed and paid no attention to. Humans created problems and scarred the Earth with pollution. They have the means and intelligence to save themselves and make the world a better place, but monopoly and the dollar sign was so great that it blinded them from making the right decision. They were killing their planet, the one thing that they would be nothing without. The human race was destroying itself at an alarming rate and the pain of the planet was immense.

The best way I can describe the feeling is similar to strangulation. The planet itself was crushing me with its pain, crying out for a type of help that I could not give it alone. When I told him about these feelings, capriciouscarnage told me that this was a sign of the end, and that soon death would descend upon the planet, wiping it clean of all that once flourished on it. He had always told me that death walked among us, waiting for the day fate decided. I always thought that it was a clever metaphor that symbolized the inevitability of death, until he informed me that death was indeed a person.

I had heard of a similar theory in a religion that a friend of mine practiced. It was about a being called the Grand High Messiah who would come to Earth for the sole purpose of ripping it asunder. When the end of the world was upon us, he would show up and reap the souls of those deemed to die. I’ve always been one to accept my fate, and it didn’t sound like such a bad way to go.

One day, capriciouscarnage asked me a series of questions. They were all pertaining to a hypothetical situation. If death had come by and spared me, what would I do? If I could change the world, and had a chance to build it from the ground up how would I do it? What would I do differently? How would I run such a world? At first, I never thought of it as anything but idle chat. Little did I know that it would begin a series of events that would cause me to brush with death several times, lose everything I once considered a comfort zone, and gain the ability to be able to shape a world as I saw fit. My friends would become distorted and twisted, changing over time and forming into people I never knew. The new images formed would make me wonder just how much I knew about them before.

My role would be simple, to assist in the destruction of the old world and create a new one from the ground up. I could not afford to make any mistakes, or let my friends know about any of these forthcomings.

Now the weight would be on my shoulders even heavier than before. There’s no one to rely on now, one mistake could either mean the death multiple races or the destruction of our world. It’s time to put on your best disguise, Rezzi because your next actions will be to paint the world in a dismal black.


…To Be Continued