Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Challenging Times ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It was night. The two animals found their way home from an unknown force of nature. The two animals did not know what to do without accumulating to fighting and doing all sorts of hazardous things. Matija grumbled as she walked up to the stairway next to her. “Something has got to give, my main man.” She said as she went for a walk. The younger woman followed suit. “I don’t know what else to say about that, Mati.” She replied, putting a coat on, her fur bristled past the movement.

The older woman got up to the door and knocked.

“I am waiting for you, you know.”

“Hang on, hang on. Let me get it.” She said, going towards the door and opening it. The two women found themselves at loss for words. It was not like there was anything at stake with them just standing there. Mati huffed in front of her and scowled. “I wasn’t asking for anything much.” Gabriel felt taken aback by those words, her brown eyes narrowing down. “If that’s so, why bother for more?” She counteracted. Matija burst out laughing at her companion. “I like you a lot, but why? Because it’s in my nature.” She snapped back. They fought for a while, then concluded to go outside. They went outside. The air was quite cold and the atmosphere was getting a bit lively. “You are not nice.” Gabriel said, nipping gently at her nails with one hand. “That’s fine by me.” Matija replied, smiling at her.

Matija, the Belgian Malinois looked up at the sky and snickered. “What? What is it?” Gabriel, the Alaskan Malamute implored. “Nothing much. You’re just standing there all funny-looking.” Matija replied, briefly letting her tongue lick her lips. “Well, what else do you want to know?” She asked. “What do you mean by that?” She replied. A rabbit walked between them and shuffled back into his nesting place by the lake. “It’s just… there, you know?” Gabriel said, checking for some advantage. The older animal walked a considerable amount from the younger one, but just enough to encircle her. “I see.” Matija said. She looked around, put her lone arm around her neck, and both began walking back.