Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Chasers: 2075 ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chasers 2075: Part Eight

Beth gradually woke up, her body warm and tightly sandwiched between two other figures. She opened up her eyes and saw that she was facing the white haired Christa, who was looking at her with an expression of catlike amusement.

"Poor thing, it looks like we tired you out," Christa laughed softly.

Beth blushed, "I guess so."

A warm breath tickled Beth's ear as the sexaroid asked her, "Did Mistress like?"

Beth shivered, a soft moan escaping her lips as gentle fingers slipped around her waist. "Oh, yes," she smiled, and Christa laughed faintly.

Christa looked at her assesingly before drawling, "Well, you're always welcome to come back again, little one."

Beth blushed, realizing that she was being offered an great honor and murmuring, "Thank you." Beth looked over at a nearby clock, and she gasped in alarm, not pleasure.

"What's wrong?" the sexaroid asked innocently.

"I'm gonna be so late for work," Beth scrambled off the bed, grabbing her clothes off the floor and pulling them on. She jumped back to the bed, kissing Christa first, then the auburn haired sexaroid, "Thanks for a lovely time!"

With that, she was out the door and gone.

The two waited for a few moments, giving her a opportunity to come back. Christa got up to lock the door, then she turned and smiled, "Did I do well, love?"

"You were marvelous," the android smiled, smoothly getting up off the bed and walking over to kiss Christa gently on the lips.

"If I didn't know you were a freewill," Christa laughed, "I'd never have believed it." She paused, "Nyara, do you think we hooked a big one?"

"She's police," Nyara shrugged, "I'm quite sure of that. Now we just need to get a little closer to her, and find out what the department has planned for us." Her expression darkened, "The police, and their pet Chasers."

She heard Christa begin to laugh softly to herself, and Nyara looked over at her curiously before asking, "What?"

Christa held up a delicate pair of panties, "I think she may have forgot something."

"Either that, or they're a present," Nyara laughed.

Totally unaware of the amusement her underthings were causing, Beth scrambled around her little apartment getting changed. Her naughty schoolgirl outfit went flying one way, and after pulling a spare pair of panties on she wiggled her way into her favorite skintight jeans. She ran into the bathroom, skidding to a stop in front of the mirror.

She peered into her reflection, and made a funny face. "I look like I haven't slept a wink," Beth muttered, then she smirked. Not that she had slept much, considering how busy Christa and her pretty friend had kept her last night.

A splash of cold water on Beth's face helped revive her, then she pulled a T-shirt on. Wallet, badge and other accessories were stuffed in her pockets, then Beth grabbed her jacket. She shrugged it on, bolting out the door and hearing it automatically lock behind her. She jumped into the nearest lift, and prayed she could catch the next free train.

"I'm late, I'm late! I'm sorry," Beth gasped out breathlessly, running right into the command center at top speed.

"Put a pair of bunny ears on you and give you a watch and you'd be doing a credible White Rabbit," Jen smiled. Unlike Beth's hurriedly thrown on clothes, Jen was starched to perfection in her comfortable suit.

"And who are you, the Queen of Hearts?" Beth shot back.

Jen chuckled, "That'd be Gwen. Kate and Julie are out on a case, by the way."

"Oh, really?" Beth looked curious. "I'm surprised Kate didn't call Gwen up to go along," she said thoughtfully.

"I guess she figured they could handle it," Jen started, then she stopped. She looked over Beth's shoulder wide eyed, exclaiming "Ewww!"

Beth turned, and nearly didn't recognize either Kate or Julie. Both women were practically coated with some kind of unpleasant smelling black sludge. Over the taller figure's shoulder they were carrying an badly beat up looking android.

"What in the world.." Jen started.

The taller figure raised a hand, and they recognized Kate's voice, "Don't ask."

"But," Beth tried.

"Not a word," Kate growled. She and a plainly miserable looking Julie stomped on by, hopefully to get a shower and change clothes.

Gwen wandered out of her office just in time to see them. "I can't wait to read that report," she said with a grin, returning to her office. The phone on her desk rang, and she picked it up smoothly, "Hello?" She smiled, "Alexis."

"Just wanted to call and tell you I had a wonderful time last night," Alexis' warm voice came over the line.

"Me, too," Gwen perched on the edge of her desk. Quietly, she said, "Thanks for letting me talk your ear off. I suspect you get enough of that on the job."

"Oh, I can tune you out as needed," Alexis chuckled.

"Gee, thanks," Gwen grinned, "and here I thought that you hung on my every word." A mournful sigh, "I'm crushed."

"Maybe we can try another dinner," Alexis suggested to her softly, "and I can try to make it up to you."

Gwen sat up in surprise, "I'd be honored." They talked for a bit, then they both went back to work. She looked out the door to see Kate walking by, and flagged her down.

"Next time, I'm calling you or Jen to go out, and I'm staying right here," Kate grumbled, sitting down across from Gwen. She had changed out of her gooped clothes, but she still looked like the poster child for scruffy.

Her boss smirked. "So what happened to you two?" Gwen asked.

"It was an android homicide call," Kate sighed, "so I considered it a priority. Julie and I headed down, managed to catch up to the perp. fairly quickly."

"But then?" Gwen asked.

"We searched the floor, and couldn't find the thing," Kate said. A soft sigh, "Then Julie spotted the open waste duct."

"Oh my goddess," Gwen laughed.

Kate nodded sadly, "We found a access port, and went in after it. Subduing the android was fairly easy, but we picked the wrong time."

Gwen raised her eyebrow and prompted her, "Wrong time?"

"It seems they must have a nightly system flush," Kate sighed, reaching up to push her still damp hair out of her eyes. At Gwen's obviously amused expression she added, "And we were caught right in the middle of it."

Jen and Beth were both laughing aloud as Julie got to the same part of the story. "I'm sorry," Beth laughed, "but the look on your face!"

Julie sighed, pushing her glasses up. She had changed out of her wrecked clothes into a too large pair of police sweats, and looked almost like a child playing dress-up. "That stuff was disgusting," she shook her head.

"At least both of you are all right," Jen said comfortingly. She sniffed, "Even the smell is gone." A pause, "Well, mostly."

"Gee, thanks," Julie muttered. She sipped her cup of coffee, letting the strong flavor erase the foul aftertaste in her mouth.

"Don't worry, stuff like this happens," Beth said. She looked over at Jen and grinned, "Tell her about the Poochie case."

Julie looked startled when both Beth and Jen began to laugh.

Kate walked in, and smiled slightly at the laughter, "What?"

"Oh, nothing," Jen smiled innocently.

Kate paused at Julie's side, "You all right?"

"Oh, yes," Julie nodded.

"Good," and with that, Kate returned to her office.

"A woman of few words," Beth remarked.

"I wonder if she's like that with everybody," Jen said to herself thoughtfully.