Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ What is the Cove? ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
One question sat in Ryuji's mind as they left the village. He turned to the girls.
"So, what exactly is this 'Cove' we're looking for?" the boy asked. The others all stared at him. Hisako blinked at him.
"You mean you don't know what the 'Cove' is?" she asked. Ryuji looked her in the eye.
"Do you?" he asked. Hisako puffed up her cheeks at him.
"I've heard stories!" she exclaimed.
"What stories?" he asked. Hisako tried to look away with a confused look on her face.
"Just..." she began again. "Stories!"
"Yeah, but what stories?" the boy asked. Hisako frowned as she tried to keep a brave face.
"Just stories!" she yelled again. Ryuji smirked at her.
"You don't know either, do you?" he asked. Hisako's cheeks grew hot as she began pounding on him.
"Shut up!" she yelled. Ryuji only laughed at her.
"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" the young girl kept yelling at her. "You big dummy!" Haruka cleared her throat. Both kids went from there. The older sister turned to the other woman.
"Yes, what is this cove we're looking for?" she asked. Kasumi looked at her, uncertain herself.
"I'm not really sure myself," she said. Ryuji raised an eyebrow at her.
"Then, why are we going?" he asked. Kasumi shook her head.
"I feel that I must go to clear up something," she said. Ryuji still looked at her.
"I don't follow..." he said. His crush bit her lower lip. She wasn't sure if she should tell him yet or not. The woman looked away.
"It's personal," she said. Ryuji looked on at her still.
"Oh," he said.
"I'm hoping the Cove will fix me," Kameko murmured to herself. Haruka gave her a curious look.
"Fix you?" she asked. Kameko nodded in response.
"Yeah," she said. The older girl still didn't get it.
"But, you look find to me," Haruka said. "What's wrong with you?"
"I am possessed by many spirits," thy younger girl replied. "My body houses the 'house of souls.'" Haruka nodded, still not getting it.
"Okay..." she said. Ryuji turned to Hisako. The girl gave him a funny look.
"What?" she asked. Kasumi gave her a little smile.
"Why do you wish to seek the Cove?" she asked. The dog girl stood up straight and cleared her throat.
"I just wanted to check it out!" she announced. Everyone stayed silent for a long moment. Ryuji fought back a laugh in his throat. Hisako caught it with a glare in her eye.
"What?" she asked him. "Isn't that the same reason that you and your sister are here with us." The boy drew his mouth closed. He folded his arms across his chest pouted.
"Maybe!" he barked.
"Either way, we just have to find out what this cove thing is, right?" Haruka cut in. Her brother grumbled.
"Yes, yes," he said. Suddenly, the crew heard a soft rustling noise. Kasumi held out her sword and took a step forward.
"Who's there?" she asked. "Come out and show yourself!"
Chapter Twenty-One: What is the Cove?