Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Memory Touch ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Years Ago*
A fifteen-year-old Kasumi came to her uncle's dojo at her father's funeral. His older brother was the only family that she had now. He lived in a rather successful dojo from what she had been told. The appearance along made her tremble with amazement. Wow!, she thought. This is my new home now? She walked through the gates as the taxi pulled away. Her uncle waited for her on the porch.
"Welcome, Kasumi-chan," he greeted her. "I am so sorry for your loss." The girl bowed to him.
"Thank you," she said in a quiet voice. He turned his back to her.
"Come," he said. "I'll show you to your room." The girl followed close behind. As they passed the living room, she felt a pair of eyes on her. She happened to look up and see him staring at her. Amber eyes that could slice right through her soul if she stared at him for too long. That was the first time she crossed paths with him. Ever since then, she couldn't escape him. Even now, it was just the same.
*Present Day*
"Kasumi-san!" a voice called to her. "Hey! Hey! You okay?" The woman looked up to see Haruka staring at her. The younger woman frowned at her.
"Are you feeling okay?" she asked. Kasumi slowly nodded at her.
"Yeah, yeah," she replied. Haruka blinked at her.
"You sure?" she asked. The warrior only nodded. Haruka sat back in the bath and looked around at stick covering at the hut.
"This is rather nice," she said. Kasumi nodded.
"Hm," she said.
"Wish we had something like this back in my neighborhood," the other woman said. "I would be there for weeks!" Kasumi nodded again. Her mind disappeared to her past again.
*Years Ago*
She remembered his hands the most. How they chops the wood in their forest for the fire. How they elegantly held a sword to fight with. How they tenderly slipped down her clothing at nights. How they frighteningly killed her uncle that night. She had come to fear and love those hands. Now, they seek to wrap themselves around her throat and push hard.
*Present Day*
Kasumi closed her eyes to block out such an image. She felt herself tremble again. The woman jumped when someone tapped her on the arm. Haruka looked her straight in eye.
"You sure you're okay?" she asked. Kasumi blinked for a moment before nodding.
"Yes, yes," she said. "I'm fine. I just need to be alone for a bit." Then, she climbed out of the water, put on a towel, and walked to the back entrance of the hut. Haruka watched her the whole time.
"Kasumi-san..." she murmured to herself. The older woman knelt down at the mouth of the woods. They have been getting stronger lately. It's almost like she can feel his heart beating along with hers. The woman tightly shut her eyes. This is bad, she thought. How long before he finds me again? She shook her head. I can't let the others die because of him. I need to get away from them as soon as I can. But how? Kasumi looked up at the sky. Yet, that seemed too late to pull off by now. Kasumi felt her body go stiff as she remembered his hands on her body once again. The fear and desire burned into her spine, just like it did all those years ago.
Chapter Twenty-Three: Memory Touch