Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Shopping Day ( Chapter 44 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Three girls went out to shop today. Each had different thoughts on their minds.
-Haruko-
She looked through the fruit and vegetable section.
This is no different than being back in our village. I just shop for food so that we can train. We're about to leave in an hour too.
She picks up four apples, exams each, and purchases them.
However, there are more problems to deal with at the moment. Ryuji wants to help out Kasumi, but isn't sure how. I'm not even sure if I can answer that question myself. I can tell that she has so much baggage. Part of me wants to ask her, but I don't feel it is the appropriate time for that. I get the feeling that she will tell me when she's right. I can't focus on that now. I must buy things that won't spoil right away.
She looks down at her watch.
Looks like I still have about forty-minutes to shop. Maybe I can pick up little snacks for our team.
-Hisako-
She looks at a jewelry stand.
I should buy my friend a present. Kameko always looks so lonely. I need to get her something nice. But what would she like?
Her eyes scan the many colored stones before her.
I don't really know anything about her. Kameko doesn't talk much and she's always trying to avoid everyone. At least, she has Conni with her today. I can count on him for anything. That stupid Ryuji wouldn't understand that.
She spots a necklace with a black chord and a whitish-rainbow stone.
Oh, this one will be perfect! Kameko's going to love this!
-Kasumi-
She's at the weapon's booth.
I need to stock up everything if I'm going to deal with him again. I will finish everything this time.
She picks up a knife and exams it.
I shouldn't have dragged Ryuji and them into my problems. Karasu's going to kill them, I know without a doubt. Somehow, I can't really leave them now. Heh, Ryuji probably wouldn't listen to me anyway. Still, I have to cut my ties with them somehow or this will get worse for them later down the road.
She picks up about four more new weapons.
For now, I must prepare.
When the shopping was over, the girls met back at the dining hall.
Chapter Forty-Five: Shopping Day: