Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cove ❯ Regrouping and Moving Forward ( Chapter 63 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryuji put his hand to his sword.

"Come out and show yourself!" he shouted. A head poked out from the bushes. Ryuji put up his knife.

"Who are you? What do you want?" he asked. A pair of hands popped up the green bush.

"Whoa! Hey! Put the knife down! I'm not here to attack you, man! Geez!" a voice shouted. A confused look came over the boy's face.

"Uh... who are you?" he asked.

"It's me, dummy," a woman's voice said. The boy raised his eyebrow.

"Nee-san?" he asked. Haruko stood up from the bushes.

"How did you find us?" Ryuji asked.

"We followed you," his sister said. The boy tilted his head.

"We?" he asked. Suddenly, they heard a dog barking in the distance.

"Coni!" Hisako yelled in the distance. The trio looked up to see the dog and girl running towards them. Two more people followed behind. Ryuji had a stupid look on his face.

"You all came out here?" he asked.

"Of course," Haruko said. "You are part of our group and you are my brother!" Coni and Hisako caught up the siblings and Kasumi.

"Is everyone okay?" the girl asked. Ryuji covered his open mouth.

"You guys!" he said.

"Are you okay?" Haruko asked Kasumi.

"Yeah," Kasumi said. She slightly rubbed her forehead.

"We need to get back," Haruko said. "It's not a good idea to stick around here."

"It's not a good idea to go back either," Kasumi said. All eyes fell on her.

�"We could get attack again," she said. "Kasaru is persistent. It would be best if we kept moving."

"And go where?" Ryuji asked. She put up her hands.

"Just anywhere," she said. "We just have to keep going." Something in her words made sense. Ryuji bowed his head.

"I will go where you go," he said. He kissed her on the hand. The pair looked at Haruko. She put up her hands in a shrug.

"Fine," she said. "I have to look after my little brother anyway." Ryuji rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a little child," he mumbled to himself. Haruko ignored him for that. Hisako looked between the three of them, feeling left out.

"I want to go with you too," she said. Coni barked as if to join in too. His companion reached down and patted him on the head. Haruko turned to them with a smile on her face, holding out her arms.

"Of course you're welcome to come with us," she said. Hisako clapped her hands together and squealed aloud.

"Yay!" she said. Ryuji looked over at her shoulder noticed the two people, a boy and girl, staring at them.

"Uh... who are they?" he asked. Hisako and Haruko turned to look at the pair behind them. The girl stepped forward with small smile on her face.

"My name is Shasha. And this is Emmit," she said.

"Hello," the boy said with a little wave. Shasha bowed.

"At your service," she said.

Chapter Sixty-Four: Regrouping and Moving Forward