Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson and Indigo ❯ The Dream of One Summer Night ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Page 8: The Dream of One Summer Night
"Welcome." All my classmates are there, and were greeted by my maid. "My master awaits you. She told me to welcome you and escort you to the place."
"Sweet, Her home looks a large!"
"More like a mansion to me." Kitsu pointed out. "It's been years since I last saw her."
"Don't worry. My master said that she will see you later. But now, she's taking a rest." My maid escorted them to the ocean behind my home, and showed them the camp. "My master asked me to fix her classmates a place to stay. This is where you'll stay. My master is in the last room, resting. Please do not try to disturb her, for now."
And they all played with the water, and enjoyed the food.
That afternoon, right before the sunset, someone entered the door. He found me there, sitting in front of the window that's facing the sunset. He went near me, and looked at me.
"She's sleeping, how nice." The man said.
I then awakened. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw a somewhat-familiar man. I asked him, "Who are you?"
"You probably don't know me anymore... Sai."
"Kai!" I was shocked. It was the first time I saw him ever since graduation. "What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to talk to you... It's been a long time." He went to my back, and hugged me softly, "I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry if I made you suffer."
"It's ok. It's all in the past now."
"But it's been making me guilty for so long. Please tell me what I did to you. I feel very guilty of that."
"I was always away from you, watching you from a distance. As I move close to you, and try to talk to you, you seem to go away and ignore me. It hurts me to see you move away from me. It really hurts."
"I'm sorry. I was just so... insensitive... I didn't know what you were feeling."
"It's alright now... It's in the past." I tried to stand, but I trampled and fell. Kai caught me, and put me in bed. "Sai, please forgive me."
"I already did, 6 years ago. The day that I realized that you will not be there anymore. Please Kai, let me rest. Go and enjoy with our classmates. Let me stay here." He went out, and just watched the sunset alone.
"Kai, why did you leave me? Though I had forgiven you, I still feel the pain that my heart received from the way you had treated me... The pain still hurts like it used to." That night I cried like I did 6 years ago, with all the cold and hurt that I felt that time.
????