Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ DelMoon ❯ DelMoon ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DelMoon
 
DelMoon, the school of Gods as people referred to it. The most talented people were bred from there; they are the well-known and highly respected people. DelMoon, a place full of mysteries as many young adults struggled to be accepted into it, the place is a city or a world of its own. DelMoon only accept the brightest students, but only those in academics.
 
Hannah, a young energetic girl, full of life, kind, shy, and sweet; she is a freshman and very happy to be able to get into such prestigious school. At DelMoon, everyone was paired in dorm, as there are two separate campuses one for the girls and another for the boys. The policy of not mixing opposite sex and hormones together was to keep the students focusing on their studying rather than their hormones.
 
Hannah Blake is a dark skinned, short black hair, stood at five feet six, and glistening brown eyes young girl. Her family was rather wealthy, though it has nothing with her being able to enter the school or not. During the first quarter of the school year, Hannah didn't have a roommate in her dorm. So she was ecstatic to found out that she would get a roommate on this quiet but chilly morning.
 
Standing by the gate to the school's ground was an oriental looking girl, with brownish black shoulder length hair gently flowing with the morning breeze from time to time. She have less than tanned skin tone, towering five feet eight, hazel eyes that could mesmerize a weak soul while the frameless glasses give her a touch of high class. She stood there in green color blazer uniform, and instead of skirt she wore pants in its place.
 
The school itself gives each grade a different color to separate them, and so the freshmen wore green, sophomore wore black, junior wore blue, and finally the senior wore white color uniform. There are four buildings to house each grade, as well as the students, teachers, and staff.
 
“My name is Hannah, I'm sorry for the delay in greeting.” Hannah said shyly as she reached the gate. “I'm Alex, let's get going then.” Alex replied coldly walking pass the dark skinned girl. Hannah felt the girl to be mean yet intriguing at the same time, so she followed right behind Alex back into the school's ground.
 
“Everyone, this is our transferred student; Alex. Now let's begin class,” the history teacher said and pointed to an empty seat next to Hannah. Alex sit down as the teacher started the lecture, all the while Hannah busied herself with observing the new girl who rested her elbows on the desk with her chin resting on the palm of her hands. Although Alex doesn't seem like she's focusing on the lecture, as her eyes won't stay open, though the teacher didn't seem to take notice.
 
By the end of the day, the two girls walking side-by-side back to their dorm. As soon as they entered their room, Alex quickly put her things away before she crashed on her bed and was fast asleep. Hannah curiously studied the other girl before she opened her backpack to pull out her homework, quietly she sat at the study table and begun with the math assignment. Suddenly Alex sit up and took her glasses off, placing it on the nightstand table before going back to sleep.
 
On the following day, rumors about Alex emerged, and before long every freshman knows about it. However, Alex didn't seem to be troubled by it at all. That calm and indifferent attitude of hers fascinated Hannah all the more.
 
“Why is it that you keep on dogging me?” Alex asked Hannah as they reached the cafeteria. The place was built in the shape of a circle, surrounded it were the four buildings for the students. It is the only place where students from all four grades met and mingle during lunch hours or dinner.
 
“I didn't, but it's lunch time and we just happened to come out from the same class.” Hannah smiled warmly at Alex. “Sure, but why do you have to sit across from me?” Alex asked as they sit down opposite from each other out in the open air.
 
Although the cafeteria was very large, but the students are allowed to have their lunch inside or outside as they pleased. At night, the place itself transformed into fancy restaurant and mini food stands should anyone wanted a midnight snack before bedtime. There is curfew; the students aren't allowed to be out and about later than ten thirty in the evening. Though only a handful of them would still be up at that time, the rest would be in bed before the clock struck nine.
 
“I've always sit out here,” Hannah smiled innocently. “Whatever,” Alex sighed as she stared at her food. The whispering around them grew louder by the seconds, and most were done on purpose as to insult Alex. Alex seemed to be immune to the rumors as she continued on eating her lunch. Soon the whole place become an uproar as a few girls have enough courage to headed over to where Alex and Hannah were having lunch.
 
“Is it true that you got expelled from your old school for beating up a teacher?” one girl asked. “Did you really have an affair with a another teacher there also?” another would follow behind the first one. Alex remained quiet as everyone gathered around her, waiting for an answer.
 
“Does my personal life interest you people?” she finally said after finishing her lunch. “Does spreading rumors about someone you barely know made you special? Or is it just to hide your own crap that you don't want people to find out?” she said sharply with a cold and distant look in her hazel eyes. It even made Hannah felt a chill down her spine as her mind went numb from the other girl's cruel but true remarks.
 
Her calm and cold composure remained for the rest of the day. But before the last class was over, Alex was called out from her class because a teacher wanted to see her. Coolly she trolled out casually as if she'd done it a million of times, and she probably did at her previous school.
 
All at once, the girls started whispering about her after she disappeared from their sight. “She got into trouble already…” “I thought she looks smart, but maybe it's just her glasses…” Such horrible of them to judge someone they don't even know, Hannah thought inwardly.
 
“Ahem…” the teacher cleared her throat and everyone turned dead silent. “We did not teach you girls to say such things behind another person's back,” she started. “Alex might not look the part, but she didn't go around breaking people's neck to be accepted into this place. So stop the rumors already,” she continued. “As far as I'm concerned, she's the first person to pass the exam with perfect score in the shortest amount of time. Even if she comes in later then the rest of you, I'm confident that she would be at the top of the class by the end of the school year. So maybe you all should start studying a little harder,” she finally finished her lecture.
 
Everyone just gaped at the shocking news; Hannah didn't seem surprised like the rest of them. She can already tell that Alex had to be pretty good on the exam to be allowed to transfer when school already started. Since there are policies about not accepting students after school begun, so Alex had to be exceptionally good for the Dean and Chairman to bend the rule just this once and accepted her.
 
“So what is it that you want of me?” Alex asked the tall blonde hair woman as they stood in the Recreational/Greenhouse behind the freshman building. “You know that he's teaching at the college ground, do you not?” Ms. Garter asked Alex calmly. “Should I be concern to where that man is teaching?” Alex sounded every bit annoyed at the mention of that man. “I just don't want any awkward encounter since you know…” she said looking at Alex with concern in her beautiful blue eyes.
 
“I forgot that you're betrothed to him when you're both very young,” Alex laughed as she pressed a key on the piano. “Unfortunately,” Ms. Garter murmured to herself and Alex didn't seem to hear it. “Well, would you…” the young teacher look flustered though the girl didn't seem to notice. “Hm?” the girl looked at the teacher. “Come by for dinner tonight?” she finally said it, and her cheeks turned beet red from embarrassment. “Hmm…” Alex looked thoughtful.
 
Class was finally over and Hannah walked back to her room when she noticed Alex in the building behind the school talking to a familiar figure. She noticed immediately that the woman with Alex was their Home-Economic teacher; Julie Garter, and she also taught music as well. She even has her own fan girls group, even though she didn't know such a group existed.
 
“Okay,” Alex nodded her head. “Come by at eight then,” Ms. Garter smiled handing Alex her card with direction on how to get to her place. “See you there then,” Alex said taking it. She waved her hand and left the flustered teacher behind. Alex rarely accepts anyone's invitation, and it has been a few years since they last seen each other.
 
By the time Hannah got back to her dorm, Alex was sitting on her bed doing her homework like nothing happened. She just looked up as though to acknowledge Hannah's present for the first time since they lived together. Hannah smiled in return; she was caught off-guarded when she realized that Alex didn't have her glasses on.
 
“You're strange,” Alex said reaching for her glasses on the nightstand. “You're pretty strange yourself,” Hannah replied as she unpacked her things from her backpack. “Looking like a bad girl, but completely smarts academically. It's such a strange marriage of brain and attitude,” Hannah giggled. Her words made Alex rather confused, though she shook it off and pay no mind to the girl's comment.
 
When she finished her homework, Alex went for a jog while Hannah took her shower. Unbeknown to her, Julie Garter watched her silently from the shadow of the trees. It has been many years, and the Alex she known has grown into a trouble making young lady. Though Julie couldn't help but notice that there is still some goodness in her, she was sure of it. She spent most of her childhood at Alex's house, tutoring the girl until she entered college at the age of sixteen.
 
“Five years,” Julie sighed. “You've grown and changed so much,” she murmured to herself. “You fought your parents to the point of being disowned, but I guess that's how you want to live your life.” Julie said walking back to her place at the end of the school's first floor. Julie is a young woman with an air of a mother figure that caused many girls come to idolize and even worshipped her so much. Her great looks, shy smiles, soft voice, and always kind to everyone around her, which is why there's a fan girls group devoted to her.
 
Alex finished her jogging, when she got back Hannah was ready to head to the cafeteria for dinner Alex grabbed her clothes from the drawer, and took of her shirt right in front of her roommate before she went into the bathroom to take a cold shower. Just for a quick moment, Hannah felt speechless and dry-mouth as she stared at Alex's sweaty back.
 
“Why are you still here?” Alex asked coming out of the shower dressing in casual pants and shirt. “I was waiting for you,” Hannah smiled innocently. “Don't bother, I'm meeting someone tonight.” Alex replied as she leaves. “Hm?” the dark skinned just blinked looking after the other girl. It took her a few minutes to grasp the fact that the other girl was probably meeting up with Ms. Garter tonight.
 
“You're not too thrill to see me in your class are you?” Alex asked as she had dinner with Julie. “I was surprised,” Julie replied shyly. “It's just that I wasn't expecting you to come here since he teaches only a few miles from here. I know how you two don't like each other,” she continued. “I'm sure he would be in a shock if he found out that I'm attending at this school,” the younger girl laughed whole-heartedly.
 
“He never know how smart his sister was,” Julie nodded as they share some cut fruits afterward. “Being smart like him is boring,” Alex shrugged. “You think so?” the older woman asked. “All he does was studying, I want to have fun with life. I don't want to spend my life being buried under books and in the shadow of my stupid brother.” Alex said bluntly.
 
“Anyway, let's get going with the studying.” Alex changed the subject. “Yes,” Julie giggled as she grabbed a thick book. “I'm never going to agree into helping you study ever again,” Alex said at the sight of the book in Julie's hands. “Aw, come on. I helped you when you were little,” Julie smiled. “You were torturing me,” the younger girl objected as she opened the book. By the time studying session was over, it was already late so Alex had no choice but to spend the night at Julie's place.
 
“Wake up or you'll be late for class,” Julie said as she gives Alex a light shook. “Just let me sleep off all those information from last night,” Alex groaned as she rolled over to the other side. “Okay, I'm off to take my doctrine exam then.” Julie said before closing the door behind her.
 
Hannah got up and saw that the other bed remains untouched, it made her wondered if there's anything going on between the two. Suddenly a pinch of pain in her heart, she couldn't smile and looked down throughout the day. To make things worse, Julie wasn't there during Home-Economic class either, and Alex never showed up too. That made the girl's heart sunk to the bottomless pit of despair.
 
“Guess what?” Julie chimed as she got back at the end of the day. “What?” Alex looked up from the history book she was reading. “I pass!!!!” the young teacher exclaimed excitedly before grabbing Alex and planned a big kiss on lips. By the time she realized what is was that she was doing, Alex had already dropped the book in her hands from the shock.
 
“Sorry…” Julie said looking all flustered. “Did you just do that on purpose?” Alex asked her teacher with her brows knitted together. “N-no! It was…” Julie paused for a moment. “An accident…” she exclaimed embarrassingly. “Thus the subconscious of the mind surfaces when you least expect it to,” Alex explained, “But to have that, you must have a really strong desire…” she continued.
 
Before the girl could even finish her sentence, Julie had already boldly grabbed the girl's face and kissed her once more. Interestingly, Alex didn't object to the suddenness action of her teacher, which let Julie wanting to push her luck a little further. Though, knowing that Alex could snap at any moment, Julie pulled away looking very flustered.
 
Then silent awkwardness filled the air between them, as Alex staring intensely at her teacher while she stared at the floor. “I'm going to put my things away now,” Julie stuttered as she left the room. Alex said nothing as she picked up the book and followed quietly behind Julie. “It seems that you have quite a collection of books in here,” Alex spoke suddenly, making the blonde hair jumped a bit. The girl didn't seem to notice Julie's reaction as she put the book back on the shelf.
 
“What exactly are you trying to pull?” she asked her teacher in a cold tone of voice. “What make you think that?” Julie felt a chill down her back. “It seem as though you're trying to confirm that I really did have an affair with a female teacher at my previous school or something,” Alex paused looking upset. “No, it's nothing like that. I didn't even think such a rumor were true…” Julie looked as though she's about to cry.
 
“Then why did you do that?” Alex looked at Julie with her blazing brown eyes. “You're betrothed to my stupid brother, so why did you go and do something like that for?” she softened her voice a bit, but it was a little too late as Julie was already sobbing silently. Her words cut Julie to the core, even knowing that Alex didn't mean to sound so hurtful since she looked up to Julie when she was very young.
 
“I didn't mean for it to happen…” the crying teacher said between sobs. “I've been holding onto that feeling for the last seven years,” she confessed. “I've been loving you since you were only eight, and I was tutoring you.” Julie choked back her tears and fear of rejection. “Then I'm sure you've known everything since you left for college, after all the two of you attend the same college.” Alex's voice dropped into whisper. “Only up to the point they all disowned you last year,” Julie murmured also.
 
“I don't want to talk about them,” Alex suddenly brushed the topic aside. “The rumor was partially true, although it wasn't with a teacher but a fellow classmate.” Alex paused. “She went to Italy to pursue her passion in singing opera, and she hoped that I would join her in pursuing the study of being a pianist. It was a brief affair while I attended Julian U,” she laughed dryly at the bitter memories. “I didn't go with her because there's someone I can't let go, so we parted ways and went on our own path.” Alex shrugged uncaringly.
 
“Though I've always wondered why you would spend so much time with me and not with my stupid brother,” the young girl laughed warmly. “My secret is not a secret anymore,” Julie murmured as she sits down on the edge of her own bed. “That's funny,” Alex chuckled at the blonde's words. “What? Why?” Julie finally looked up. “No one knows about your personal life, so it's still a secret. I don't count,” Alex answered.
 
“You're very cute Ms. Julie,” Alex whispered as she leaned forward so that they are face-to-face with each other. Being called by her first name by Alex made her face turned crimson, she just wanted to hide under the blanket but the other girl was right at her face. “Embarrass?” Alex asked with a smirk spread across her face. Her words hurt Julie, yet confusingly sweet and soothing at the same time.
 
Alex quietly took her glasses off and placed it on the nightstand. Julie could only watched but couldn't say a word, and her face was still burning red from earlier. Her face soften without the glasses on, Alex smiled lightly leaning in a bit closer to the older girl. Gently holding onto Julie's chin, she tilted her head slightly letting her lips touched the older girl's soft lips and kissed her tenderly. Caught by surprise, Julie didn't know how to react but quickly closed her eyes and enjoying the sweet long kiss from Alex.
 
Slouching under the setting sunlight, Alex gently caressed Julie's cheeks as her eyes traveled across the undressed body. Embarrassing to say, it was Julie's first time and she let Alex took the lead. The younger girl was surprisingly gentle compared to the icy mask she wore since she started school. She was a perfect lover, and Julie couldn't be anymore happy as their body intertwined. The gentle caress, the teasing butterfly kisses, and the words only lovers would spoke to each other were whispered softly to her ears until she felt asleep.
 
But as evening drifted into late night, Alex got out of bed and get dressed quickly. “I need to get back to my room before more rumors started,” Alex said as she puts her glasses on. Replacing the perfect lover was an icy student that struck fear into even the staff of the school. “Will I see you again?” Julie asked as she got up with the bed sheet wrapped around her slender body. “I have your class, so of course.” Alex furrowed her brows a bit. “No, I mean…” Julie blushed hard. “Weekends,” Alex answered, giving Julie a forceful kiss before heading out.
 
“Welcome back,” Hannah said happily as Alex stepped inside. “Man, tutoring suck.” Alex ignored her roommate and stripped herself to take a shower, leaving the other girl all flustered and dry-mouthed at the sight. Hannah's face turned a hue color and she looked away when Alex come out of the shower. As to whether it's from embarrassment or excitements, only Hannah know that.
 
“Are you related to Ms. Garter?” Hannah asked quietly. “She's to marry my stupid brother,” Alex replied dryly. The dark skinned girl has a feeling that Alex really hated her brother, though she doesn't know why. “She just passed her exam,” Alex murmured. “Finally, I can get some sleep.” With that, Alex was soundly asleep like a log as though nothing could wake her up.
 
By the time Christmas rolled around, rumors of a ghostly figure playing the violin late at night in the Recreation building spread like wildfire. Though it is the time when many went home to visit their parents, Alex might be the only person that didn't went home. The snow started coming down on Christmas Eve, and Alex put on her winter coat before stepping outside. The sounds of snow crunching under each step she took, Alex breathe in the cold winter air heading for the quiet building behind the school.
 
With midterm out of the way before winter break, it was a relief for all students not to worry about studying while visiting their family back home. Alex unlocked the door and turned on the lights, hanging her coat on the coat hanger before strolling slowly over to the beautifully hand carved piano sitting quietly in the middle of the room. Taking in a deep breath Alex sit down at the piano and opened the cover to the keys that was made from elephant's tusks.
 
Resting her cold hands on the keys, Alex slowly closed her eyes as her fingers moved on its own playing Nocturne from Chopin. Spending her entire day there, by nightfall Alex finally got up and headed for the cafeteria to grab some dinner before heading back to her room. But something changed her mind as she headed for the Recreation building again; she took a violin out from the showcase and start playing Sonata Number Two from Bach.
 
Winter break was finally over and everyone was back and ready for classes. Hannah was happy to be back with Alex, the cold but interesting girl that stayed on her mind even when she's home. While Julie was glad to be back to be held in the arms of her lover, the warm touches and kisses that she missed while visiting her family. Alex didn't mind much of the two people, though it really didn't bothered her much when they're away either.
 
“Did you hear of the music coming from the Rec. room recently?” one of the girls asked her friends during an off period. “I heard there's a ghost in there,” another spoke in a hush tone of voice. “No way, I once heard noises coming from the music room at the end of this floor. I forgot my books and went back to get it when I passed by the music room,” one said. “Oh my god, we should totally check it out!” one of the girls squealed.
 
Somehow, Hannah was dragged into the ghost hunt party, though Alex wasn't around when she headed out to meet her classmates. They could see their breath in the night's air as they all bundled together moving silently down the third floor hallway, the music room was dead silent as the group made it there. One of the girls in the group noticed the light in the Recreation building was on, so she pointed it out and got everyone moving in unison quietly out into the snow covered ground towards the well-lit building.
 
Inside, behind the plants and flowers were another building made purely of glasses like the outer layer. Within it were many people sitting quietly listening to someone playing the violin, amongst them were a few teachers from this campus. To the surprise of the girls, Alex sits at a desk nearby the performer reading something interesting.
 
Curiously, the girls peeked in and quietly straining their ears to hear what was going on with all those people in there. Amazingly, the only sound in there was from the violin being played as the rest was dead quiet listening to the notes of music that twirled around them dancing in the evening air. Hannah couldn't helped but stood up to watch the performance as well as to see Alex's facial expression to it.
 
Once the music stopped, the performer waited silently and nervously for a comment. She wasn't nervously waiting for someone in the crowd to comment, since her eyes stared at Alex with great fear and intensity. The rest hold their breath in waiting, but the young girl said nothing as she finalized something on the paper before looking up at the performer. It looked like a life and death moment for the performer as Alex put the pen down resting her elbows on the table, crossing her fingers and resting her chin on it while looking into the distance somewhere.
 
“What is your passion?” she spoke at last. “I beg your pardon?” the performer look confused. “Is music your passion?” the girl pressed on without explaining. “I believe so,” the performer replied rather weakly. “If music is not your passion, get out.” Alex stood up and slammed her hands on the table. Her words shocked everyone, even the performer herself.
 
“You must know that to be a great performer, music must be your lover. Your greatest passion is music, and your greatest desire is also music. Music is your lover, your mistress. Until you can grasp that concept, your music spouts nothing but shallow notes when you play your instrument.” Alex said walking out behind of the desk. “If you can't express your passion or feelings through music, do not come asking for my recommendation. You're wasting your times and mine,” she said calmly holding her hand out at the performer.
 
“Let me demonstrate what I mean then,” Alex said to the performer and she obliged. Gracefully Alex took the violin, testing the strings before she actually started to play a song she picked out for it. Like a violent storm, the music escaped from the violin was powerful yet soothing. It was roaring like a great beast, yet mellowed enough to leave a person felt like they've just attended a great feast.
 
Hannah heard of the song once, but never with such strength, power, gentleness, and sweetness meshed together like now. “How?” a girl in the group murmured shockingly. “How could she played with such skills?” she sounds confused. “I've taken violin lesson since I was a toddler, and I still have trouble playing this song right. So how?” she seemed lost and depressed.
 
“The Devil's Banquet,” a teacher from the senior building murmured when Alex finished playing the song. Moved by the power within the song, everyone stood up and applauded Alex as she calmly bowed back in gratitude. Adjusting her glasses slightly, she turned around and handed the instrument back to its owner. The young woman was in awe at Alex ability that she couldn't even manage a word for the rest of the night.
 
The girls standing outside couldn't brought themselves to leave, so they stood there listening to the people inside talking, singing, and playing many classic songs. Even though the night gotten colder the girls just bundled together to keep warm just to witness such an extraordinary event that no one else know of. Hannah wanted to leave, but her friends refused to let her go back to the comfort of her warm bed.
 
“Tonight, everyone has been doing great.” Alex said in her closing statement for the night when the time was past midnight. “Many of you, I wish great success in your future. Some of you think it over and if you still wanted to pursuit in what you chose…” she paused momentarily. “If you still chose the arts, then prepare to give me a performance that can wowed the world. Achieve the passion within your talent is something I look forward to the next time you visit,” Alex removed her glasses for a moment to show everyone that she honestly meant every words she said as an encouragement to them.
 
Before anyone leave, the girls quickly left the premises and went back to their room. They sure wouldn't want to be caught spying on the teachers and unfamiliar people that was there. Hannah especially wouldn't want to be caught dead by the teachers or Alex, though the night spying on other people has giving her some insight on her roommate. A plainly rueful person actually has a very warm and kind heart, though her words might sound mean it was well meant to her peers.
 
Alex was the last to leave; she locked up the place and headed for Julie's place. It was already two in the morning, the starting day of the weekend has begun and the poor girl has yet to sleep. The temperature kept on dropping, forcing Alex to tugged her hands in her pockets trying to keep warm but it was pointless. By the time she got inside, she was too tired to take another step as she dropped onto the couch and was quickly asleep.
 
The glistening sunlight only made the young stir in her sleep; Julie got up and found her young lover sleeping on the couch. She made no effort in waking Alex up, as she brought out the blanket and snuggled up next to the girl on the comfy couch. She was woken by the sound of someone poundings on the door, and Alex was gone from the couch already as the sound of water running could be heard.
 
Julie rubbed her eyes sleepily as she opens the door, and standing right in front of her was someone the same age as her with long auburn hair neatly tied back. The woman was wearing black trench coat, wool type to keep the heat from escaping. She looked like a teenager with her glasses on, as she flashed a smile at Julie before stepping inside without waiting for an offer.
 
“How long are you planning on sleeping?” the woman asked with a slight frown on her pretty face. “Huh?” Julie look rather confused. “Julie, you're supposed to go to the theatre with us today remember?” the woman let out a sigh as she sits down on the couch. “Since when?” Julie still didn't understand. “I called and told you about it last week,” the other one said. “You did?” Julie asked scratching her head trying to recall the event. “Yes, I did. What is it with you?” the other person answered with her brows knit together staring hard at Julie.
 
“The shower's free,” Alex spoke calmly coming out of the bathroom dressing nicely. Her cargo pants and long sleeve t-shirt that slightly hugged her body, with her hair tied back and frameless glasses made her demeanor seemed ever sharp. Julie said nothing as she obediently went to took a shower, while Alex ignored the guest and lay out the clothes for Julie to wear once she's out of the shower.
 
“How's business?” Alex said placing a cup of hot tea on the table in front of the guest. “Great, thanks for working hard over the winter break. Dad said he got you a present,” the woman answered with a warm smile on her lips. “Hey Natasha, when will you be done with school?” Alex asked looking at the other woman. “Next year, why?” Natasha looked at Alex suspiciously. “That's good, then you can start making decisions for the company.” Alex gives a crooked smile at the woman. “Damn you Alex,” Natasha said shaking her fist in front of her, but the young girl just laughed at her reaction.
 
“Cursing me won't change the fact that you're the President's daughter, and soon it'll be your turn to take over the family business anyway.” Alex shrugged as she looked up over at Julie coming out of their bedroom fully dressed. “You still own half of it, father said so himself. So this doesn't mean that you can push all the responsibilities on me,” Natasha said as she took a sip from the cup. “Let's get going before we're all late,” Alex ignored the woman's comment as she got up.
 
As soon as they arrived at the theatre, Alex was whisked away for a complicated meeting somewhere else. Leaving Natasha and Julie there to catch a show that was put on by college students from the University nearby, DelMoon was a large piece of land privately owned by Natasha's family long ago. It was at her mother's dying wish that an all-girl campus was erected some years after the all-boys, and the college was built at the same time as the all-boys campus.
 
“When are you planning on calling the whole betroth crap off?” Natasha said to Julie as they waited for the show. “This summer or when I see him,” Julie hesitated a bit in her answer. “I can't tell if you're a risk taker or just insane,” Natasha sighed. “I mean, loving her is one thing but you're also her teacher too. Not that there's anything you can teach her that she doesn't already know, but you know what I mean.” Natasha spoke softly and quickly as though hiding her concern over her cousin's love life. “True, but I just can't help myself falling for her. I can't imagine going through life without her in my life,” Julie answered as she fidgeting her hands.
 
“Well, I have to admit that she's a sharp girl and can do a lot of things. Regardless if it's in business or not, she can handle it all without breaking a sweat.” Natasha smiled pulling at her cousin's hand dragging her towards the stage. “By the way, did you know that your Alex is a heartbreaker?” the auburn hair asked with a glimpse of mischief shone in her eyes. “No, but why would you say that?” Julie said as she struggled to be up to Natasha's pace. “You'll see,” Natasha smiled impishly leading her cousin up the steps onto the stage where many people running around getting ready.
 
Natasha let out a really loud whistle causing everyone to stop everything and looked at her, she smiled as she took center stage and took in a deep breath. “Everybody, Alex Saito will be coming to visit us later today!” she shouted and her voice echoed throughout the entire building. Not far away, they could hear someone screaming. “Oh my god! Oh my gawd!!!!” people started to squeal at the mention of Alex's name and a suddenly loud noise was heard. It turned out of be quite a few people fainted from happiness of the news that Alex was coming today.
 
“Wow,” Julie murmured at the sight. “Told you,” Natasha snickered at her cousin's reaction. “I don't think Alex would find this to be funny at all,” Julie said quietly. “Of course not, but I do find it interesting as how many people idolized her. To them, she's more than just a person but like an angel of sort.” Natasha explained.
“You mean a demigod,” someone said making the women jumped slightly. “Papa, you needn't to sneak up on us like that!” Natasha exclaimed. “Uncle Ian,” Julie said as she excitedly gives him a hug. “Julie, how have you been?” he laughed hugging her back tightly. “I'm good, how about you?” she said giving him a more thorough look now. “It's so much work that I can't find myself any time off to spend with my daughter,” he said giving his daughter a hug also. “Papa, if you're here…” Natasha paused. “What happened to the meeting?” she stared at her father wide-eyed. “Alex is taking over the meeting, since the project was stem from her a year back. Now the revenue reported back, and it's only right that they report the earning to her.” Ian said calmly without changing his tone at all.
 
“Is it bad?” Natasha looked nervous. “We've gone from multimillions to multibillions in our business, you get the drift.” Ian give the girls a wink before leaving them to head back to the meeting again. “Holy…” Natasha started but stops immediately as she isn't allowed to discussed about such matter in the open.
 
By the beginning of the second school year, Hannah and Alex was dorm together again. Alex seemed happier and busier than before, though her demeanor hasn't changed much. Hannah didn't mind much since she gets to be with Alex again, the girl that gives her butterflies in her stomach. The girl that stole her heart, made her heart ache when she's away.
 
“So how is your summer?” Hannah asked her roommate after she talked about her summer. “Nothing special,” Alex shrugged. “Got a lot of free times, spend most of it at the theatre. Living on my own was the best thing that ever happened to me,” Alex laughed stretching herself out on her bed. “You're on your own?” Hannah look shocked. “Yeah, my family disowned me about two years ago. They always wanted to run my life,” she answered coldly.
 
“So your name is Alex Saito, that's petty American…” Hannah paused. “What? Couldn't you tell that I was half-American?” Alex asked sitting up straight. “I always thought you're Asian,” Hannah furrowed her brows together. “Yeah, but my hair is brownish black though. If it were jet black, then I'm purely Asian.” Alex said with a hint of pain in her voice. “It was his fault that my mother died,” she murmured with a hardened look on her face. Hannah got the feeling that she shouldn't ask what happened, even though she was dying to know more about the girl she's in love with.
 
Alex seemed more relax, and Julie was happy to see that change in her lover. Happily she accepted the changes and think of it as a good sign, though somewhere deep inside her heart she knew that there's something that caused it. She's not the only reason that caused the change in Alex, but there's also someone else that affected it as well. The young teacher often wondered if she could just asked Alex flat out about it, but she doesn't even have a jealous bone in her body to torture Alex for the information. Then it suddenly dawned upon her that she might be sharing Alex's affection with another person, the thought made her giggled as she gently stroke Alex's hair.
 
With Alex soundly asleep with her head on Julie's lap, and the sun was setting outside their window giving a beautiful glow to the calm and tranquil looking girl. Slowly she leaned down for a fleeting kiss before the sun completely vanish, it made her felt like a child stealing a kiss from her crush. Smiling happily, Julie caressed Alex's face feeling so much love toward her and happy that her feeling was accepted.
 
“What's so fascinating about me, that you have to steal kissed while I'm sleeping? We've seen and feel every inches of each other's body many time before,” Alex said bluntly over dinner. Julie said nothing, only looked very embarrassed because her lover caught her in the act. “Cat got your tongue?” Alex teased. “I didn't stir because I don't want to ruin your little fantasy,” the young girl smiled warmly as they headed for the couch.
 
“Meanie…” Julie pouted as she gives Alex a light pinch on the arm. “Ow,” Alex rubbed her arm slightly from being pinched. “I thought you like it when I'm mean, so I have to keep up the image.” Alex sounded smooth and gentle. Julie couldn't help but to look up at Alex, who sat beside her. “You're so cute when you're mad,” the student giggled. That comment caused Julie to turned beet red from head to toes, and Alex couldn't help but to laugh at the situation.
 
Just as though everything seemed s peaceful, Alex brother decided to visit Julie. That was just an excuse as his true purpose was to find out about the rumor of a student with rather high IQ attending there. Something else strange followed, a pair of detectives pay the school a visit as well they entered the classroom that Alex was in at the time. They give her rude remarks and suspicion look as they called her to follow them, but she refused to do so.
 
“You'll be going to jail if you refuse to cooperate with us young lady,” one of the detectives glared at her and the entire classroom went dead silent. “I know my rights detectives,” she replied dryly. “Then you know that you're obstructing justice by not being cooperative,” the second one retorted. “How could I be when you come out of nowhere arresting me without any kind of evident?” Alex said as she leaned forward in her chair. “…” the men were caught off-guarded and stood there dumbfounded.
 
“Excuse me, I'm looking for an Alex Saito?” a handsome young man in his twenties interrupted them. His handsome face went pale at the sight of Alex, and then a moment of anger flashed across his face. He was wearing a suit with blonde hair, brown eyes, and very fair skin. One look and no one could tell of any resemblance between him and Alex whatsoever.
 
“That would be me,” she answered showing no expression. “I'm amazed to know that your IQ was so high,” the young man play it cool. “It's rare to hear a compliment from you, Mr. Gregory Moore.” Alex said as she yawned and Hannah couldn't help but giggle at the strange conversation. “I didn't know you changed your last name,” he murmured holding back his anger towards her. “Why shouldn't I? You people disowned me two years ago, remember?” Alex mocked her brother.
 
“Ah, detectives. Was my mother's death got something to do with her?' he turned his attention to the two men. “We suspected that she was holding a grudge on your parents for disowning her, so she planned everything before putting it into motion recently. It was good that your father survived,” the first one said with a voice full of confident.
 
Alex burst out laughing until tears dwelled up her eyes, which worried Hannah quite a bit. “You people amused me so much,” she said wiping the tears away. “I've been attending this school since last year as well as spending my summer in my dorm. So how would that theory of yours even plausible?” she continued. “Besides, I don't have the money or effort of get a private eye to keep tap on idiotic people, I come here on full scholarship. I guess money really does all the talking,” Alex said bluntly.
 
Her cruel conversation with the detectives shed some lights on her past, and Hannah come to understand of her friend's coldness. It must have been tough for her to be on her own, Hannah thought silently to herself. Although Hannah still couldn't believe that Alex and Gregory were related since they looked nothing alike, not at all. Then she realized that Alex was probably adopted, it is the only plausible way as to why they treated her so horribly.
 
“At least try to get some valid evidence that I was the one killing them, then come back and arrest me. If not, I can sue you people for arresting innocent people without any evidences that connected me to the crime you accused me of doing. Scaring someone at my age can really damage my mentality, you think you can deal with such damage detectives?” Alex said coldly to them while her eyes remained on her brother. “I may not have the money, but there's plenty of people I know that's willing to be my lawyers and put the government on bankrupt if you don't stop your accusation.”
 
“If alibis are what you're after detectives, you can contact the people at the University and ask them of my whereabouts.” Alex said just as an announcement of her name come through the intercom. Before the teacher could cut in to let Alex go, the sound of footsteps approached rapidly in the hallway. Swinging the door widely opened, it was Natasha and a few women dressing in black behind her.
 
“Sorry to interrupt, but there's an emergency going on. Papa would like you to be there,” Natasha said striding past the men in the room. “Who are these people?” she turned to face the teacher when she noticed the men in the room. “Oh, those two are detectives here to arrest me,” Alex answered for the teacher. “What? On what ground?” Natasha look shocked. “I murdered my stepmother and almost killed my father?” Alex shrugged.
 
“You sir, where is your tag? I distinctively remember that you're from the University,” Natasha turned her attention to Gregory. “Oh, right here.” Gregory said pulling out his ID to show it to her. “Do you not know that men aren't welcome on this campus? Regardless of who you're seeing or visiting,” she said calmly and sharply. “And you, detectives.” Natasha paused for a moment. “As far as I'm concerned, this is DelMoon and we have our own justice system. I'm sure you haven't even had any permission to question her, yet you did things without our system's consent. May I suggest you go home and hire a lawyer or two?” she frowned at them.
 
Removing her glasses and jacket, one of Natasha's personal guards handed Alex a small rectangular box. “Thanks,” Alex said gratefully taken it and switching her glasses with thin-rimmed glasses from the box. The new glasses give a hue color to it, and anther one handed her a palm-sized cell phone along with a specially made nametag with Alex's picture, name, and title.
 
“The helicopter outside will take you straight to the meeting,” Natasha said giving Alex a musing look. “You kidding,” Alex doesn't seem too pleased. “Take my jacket,” the other woman spoke firmly as she handed her coat to Alex. “Thanks, take care of things here for me will you?” Alex smiled as she turned to leave with two of Natasha's personal guards. “You owe me,” Natasha called after the young girl, but she was already out of sight and making her way outside to the waiting helicopter near the cafeteria.
 
“Please inform the Head Principle and the Dean that there will be a Board meeting on this mishaps next week,” Natasha spoke coldly to the teacher though her smile never left her soft pretty complexion. “Yes ma'am,” the teacher quickly obliged to her with a great deal of respect. “Gentlemen, shall we?” Natasha said with a raised brow and hand held out towards the door. Embarrassed by the situation, the two detectives leave empty-handed and in a heave after Natasha threaten to sue them.
 
Gregory also left, but Natasha made her way to the main office along with a few of the women that didn't leave with Alex. Her was surprised to learn that his half-sister was much more capable than he ever imagine she could be. Never did he suspect a quiet, and sickly looking girl before the death of her mother to be of such important person to many people. Though Gregory known full well that the death of Alex's mother wasn't an accident, it was premeditated after learning that Alex was having slow brain development did such tragic took place.
 
Their father was an ambitious man, who wanted his kids to be nothing but geniuses amongst geniuses. So when Alex proven to be just a normal child, his disappointment was overwhelming that he no longer considered her as his daughter but a defected product that need to be thrown out. Gregory were years older than she was, thus he felt no kinship towards her when her mother past away.
 
His parents got back together and Alex got nothing but scolding and abusing. By the time he left for college, she was still young but suffered much. When he started teaching at the college, she was already disowned and apparently left the house a year or so prior to that event. Yet he never felt the need to seek her out, to him she's just a stupid useless girl since birth.
 
But the table had turned, now that she proved to be much more than she seemed to be all those years. The stupid look was just a mask she wore until now, if she had wished she could say one word and their father would picked her as the heir to the family's fortune. What puzzling Gregory was why Julie didn't mentioned anything about Alex attending here, though they haven't talked since they both left for college. He can't really blame her since he never has any kind of feelings toward her to begin with anyway.
 
“Are you that surprised to see your sister exceed more than you when you're at that age?” Julie asked standing by the gate as though she was expecting him. “Hmph, I was in college at her age, yet she's still in High School.” Gregory laughed haughtily. “If you think like that, go to this site and check out her accomplishment so far by the chairman of Rafuzing University. I'm sure a top-notch college wouldn't compliment someone unless that person is proven to be exceptionally talented,” Julie smiled as she handed him a card. “Oh, and the whole betroth thing? We're not anymore,” she said as she turned around and headed back inside the school.
 
Two shocking news in one day causing the young man to become rather confused and then furious after all of that sink into him. He can't stand the fact that his half-sister were smarter than he could ever be all those years when he thought she's just a dumb kid. Along with the fact that Julie just literally dumped him, even though she was always around to help Alex when they're young.
 
“Of course!” Gregory laughed madly as it hit him. Why hadn't he seen it sooner that Julie really never interested in him but interested in Alex only. “How can I be so blind?” he mocked himself as he started the engine to his car. “She didn't come over because she loved me, but it was because of her.” Gregory grit hit teeth together feeling a surge of anger coursing throughout his entire body.
 
“You've been going out with Ms. Garter huh?” Hannah said without thinking as soon as Alex got back from the meeting that evening. “You think so?” Alex asked as she took her jacket off. “Even though you said that she's engaged to your brother, she seemed happier seeing you than him.” Hannah cringed slightly at her own words. “She probably called the engagement off already,” the other girl said calmly as usual. “Well, that's good for the both of you,” the dark skinned said showing a forceful smile to hid her pain from Alex's eyes.
 
“I wouldn't say so,” Alex sounded distraught. “Greg isn't the type that would accept losing what was his to anyone,” she lowered her voice as she flopped down on her own bed. “And what's with you?” she looked over at her roommate before lying down and closed her eyes. “What about me?” Hannah tried her best to sound innocent. “You looked down lately, since you always have that cheesy smile plastered on your face.” Alex said removing her glasses and place it on the nightstand.
 
“Well, there's this person I like, but over the summer I found out that he's dating the sister of our teacher from grade school. I was a bit shocked but happy for him though,” Hannah laughed lightly and forcefully. “Did you tell him your feeling for him?” Alex asked. “No, I don't think anything would change, though our friendship might take the turn for worse.” Hannah bit her lower lip. “But at least you should let your feelings be known,” Alex sounded strange suddenly.
 
“I rather not,” the other girl replied softly. “You're an interesting girl,” Alex smiled a bit. “Am I?” the dark skinned laugh nervously. “Yes, because you rather silently watched from the sideline instead of being involved. Not many can be like that,” Alex said as she sat up and looked over at her friend. “I'm just a chicken,” Hannah said looking down at her hands resting neatly on her lap. She looks embarrassed as she started to fidget her thumps. “I like my chicken roommate,” Alex chuckled lightly as she got up and went for a shower.
 
“So obvious,” she murmured as the cold water poured down on her. Alex understood right away that Hannah was actually talking about her, though she pretended not to know to avoid revealing what she didn't wanted to face. She was glad that the other girl didn't confessed because she didn't wanted to jeopardize their friendship, as she too slowly opened up to this interesting friend even though she loves Julie since she learned of such feelings. Alex was able to smile more and shown as softer side of her was because of both of these women, they both meant a lot to her and if she has to choose between them she just couldn't pick one.
 
“I hope that I wasn't being too obvious, if she found out I would have just died.” Hannah said as she lay face down on her bed. Being the only child in the family, Hannah was to be good at everything she does and she proven to be so. Though she's somewhat self-conscious and would usually jogged every morning for a lap or two around the school campus with Alex. She was good at nearly everything, but compared to Alex she's not even close in measure to the skills Alex showcased by far.
 
Quietly after dinner, Hannah made her way to the Recreation building and eyed the piano in front of her. She could vividly recall the winter night where Alex had stood near it and played the one song that give her the chills. Slowly, she picked up the violin that rested on the piano, and with the bow in her hand she started to play the Devil's Banquet. It's the only song that she could only played in the slow version and not its original version that was played by Alex.
 
Suddenly, a more soothing and eluding sound joined in with her playing, Hannah opened her eyes and looked in front of her only to see Alex standing there playing the song in a softer version. Alex stopped just as Hannah stop playing, staring at each other in awkward silence for a long while.
 
“Not bad, but you lack in self-confidence.” Alex spoke softly as she put her violin away. “Uh… oh no, I was just messing around.” Hannah lied with a rather nervous smile on her face. “Let me show you how it is done,” Alex smiled as she circled behind Hannah. Gently she placed her hands over Hannah's hands and showed her the grip and the way to place the bow before playing the song slowly.
 
Hannah blushed feeling Alex's body so close to hers, the feelings drove her crazy inside but she kept it from being shown. Alex was quite oblivious about it as she's fully absorbed into teaching her friend how to properly played the song. The scent of shampoo still lingered on her hair that the dark skinned girl can't help but took a whiff of it, and the scent drowned out everything but her hunger to feel the other girl's touches.
 
“Now close your eyes, imagine there is a feast going on and you're the host. Imagine how would you give your guests the warm and happy feelings to be here,” Alex whispered softly into Hannah's ears. As she spoke, she guided her friend's hand that held the bow towards the violin. Like god has spoken, her words let Hannah saw a feast full of people and one of them was Alex waiting patiently to see how she would make her guests feel welcome. She smiled at what she seen as the gentle looking Alex smiled back charmingly, it took her to another level of happiness and her hands played the instrument by itself.
 
As the second semester arrived, things become hectic but Alex doesn't seemed to be caught up in it. She managed everything just fine and even helped Julie grade the papers on the weekends. The girl also found the times to help out her roommate on a few of her crazy assignments as well as practicing on the violin. Even when the exams rare its ugly self, Alex spent her free times helping Hannah study for it on all the right subjects for it.
 
By spring, everyone prayed that they pass the exams since it's very crucial to pass it. The school here have a strict policy, students can continue onto the next grade if they passed their exams. The exams are very crucial to passing onto the next grade or failing, and each year there are at least a few were sent packing home because they were ashamed to stay after failing the exams.
 
Everything went array when Alex went back to England with Julie, and Hannah went home in the U.S. just like last year. Hannah saw her roommate and teacher off the day before she headed home, she didn't know that it would be the last time she'll see them smiling happily together. The dark skinned girl spent her summer tutored by many private tutors, and continued on practicing her violin skill since Alex praised her during the course of the school year.
 
She known nothing until she returned to campus a month prior to the starting of the school year, and heard from the Dean of the campus because Hannah was considered to be Alex's closest friend. The news of an explosion took place in England, at Julie's apartment where they said they would be staying. Alex was severely injured but Julie didn't make it, and the cause was someone rigged the place with a lot of explosive. Soon after the incident, Alex's father was arrested for murdering first-degree.
 
The Dean dropped Hannah off by the paved road leading into the woods, after thanking her for the ride she headed for what seemed to be a house hidden away from plain sight. Once the house was in full view, the look was rather a replica of the Victorian Era somewhere in the seventeenth century though Hannah isn't so sure of it. She didn't study history that far back, but the beautiful house stood tall and elegant in its own way. The girl marveled at the sight of such building structure before she decided to ring the doorbell.
 
The soft sound of the door unlocking made the girl nervous, and in front of her appeared the Asian girl sitting quietly in her wheelchair. Her hair had grown longer as it shadowed her face a little bit, hiding her eyes that were once fearsome and sharp as knife. No words were exchanged between them, but Alex moved aside to invite her friend inside and Hannah stepped inside.
 
As Hannah sits down on the soft cushion couch, Alex wheeled herself into the kitchen to get some snacks and drinks. When she returned, her hair was pulled back with only a few strands that refused to be tame. Her gaze were of a blank look that filled with sorrow and darkness, it make Hannah wanted to just grabbed the girl and cradled her while telling her that everything is all right. But she had to hold it all back and quietly observing Alex's every movement.
 
“I heard,” Hannah paused as she started to fidget her thumps nervously. “Yeah,” Alex nodded slightly knowing exactly where her friend is getting at. “I'm really sorry,” the girl sounded sad. “We had good memories together,” Alex managed a forced smile. “I won't be going to school anymore, because we got too many memories there. I would break if I go,” she smiled still but her eyes betrayed her completely.
 
“Can I come to see you even though you're not around anymore?” Hannah looked at her friend with hopeful gaze. “Afraid I'm going to commit suicide?” the Asian girl give her friend an impish look to reassure her. “No! It's not that!” Hannah protested even though it was what she meant to say. “Don't worry, you can come whenever you want as long as you're alone. I don't want to deal or see anyone anymore,” Alex said quietly.
 
Slowly, Alex moved over to a drawer and took something from it. “Here, you can let yourself in when you come. It's kind of hard for me to move get around when my leg haven't healed just yet,” Alex said handing the house key to Hannah. “Are you sure?” the dark skinned girl asked as she took the key. “Yeah, the pain pills for my leg and head always make me so tired. It's the first time that I slept so much in my life,” the other girl replied letting a soft chuckle escaped from her dried lips.
 
At the mention of her the head, Hannah noticed the stitches across her friend's forehead. It looked about two to three inches long, probably a sharp enough object that slid it. “Do you have a driver license?” Alex asked suddenly knowing Hannah was studying the scar on her forehead. “Yes, I just got it over the summer,” Hannah blushed because she was caught staring at her friend. “Good,” Alex murmured providing another key from her shirt's pocket. “Even though it's only half a mile from school, it's still a very long walk away. So use my car at your convenient,” Alex said placing the key on the table.
 
“Thanks,” Hannah smiled as she took the car key and put it together with the house key. “There's a gas station just half a mile from here, so go there when the gas is low. Just pull in and fill it up, don't worry about paying for it. The charge will go directly to an account that was set up for it,” Alex assured her friend. “You sure got everything planned out,” her friend smiled innocently. “Yeah, things can happen without warning, you just have to deal with it. So I tried to plan ahead just in case,” Alex replied softly.
 
Elsewhere, Gregory received a really late delivered package when he got back to campus. Being a college professor, he remained on campus most of the year and visited his friend during his time off. It turned out to be from his late mother, it was her diary that she mailed to him a month prior to her untimely death. As he read through it, he realized that things aren't what it seemed to be.
 
Thus he decided to visit his father in jail, armed with the truth and the realization of how stupid and blinded he had been all these years. “Father, why did you do it?” Gregory asked over the phone. “She can't break my son's heart and get away with it,” the man in his late fifties said in a low voice. “Did you know that Alexandria was there also? Are you planning to kill your own daughter too?” Gregory sounded too calm for his words. “That defected good for nothing girl? I could care less,” the old man snorted.
 
“She's not a good for nothing girl!” Gregory raised his voice slightly as his hand tightens into a fist. “She have really high IQ, and I'm not your son either. Because you weren't supposed to have any kids, ever! You should be thankful that you're able to have one, but because of all the things you've done she ended up facing all the consequences from your deeds. As I will soon be too from my mother as she was in much off all the horrid things you've done,” the young professor hung up the phone and walked away leaving the old man in total shock of the news.
 
“Damn, I've been such a fool.” Gregory murmured as he leaves the facility. Thinking of Alex made his stomach twisted into knots with guilt, the guilt of never being there for her since her mother died. A sudden lonely feeling washed over him after learning the truth, Gregory finally understood what it's like for Alex to live in that cold villa all those years. Feeling the need to apologize to her, just to have some kind of peace of his own mind; Gregory decided to pay his sister a visit as he started the car.
 
Through his connection and influence with the school's Dean, Gregory finally found the house that Alex resided in peace and quiet. He arrived and gaped at the stylish ancient looking house, though the style of the house seemed ancient but it only been built a few years earlier. He felt so calm just staring at it, but he pushed forward and knocked softly on the thick and heavy looking wooden door.
 
The door slowly opened, Alex's face appeared with a pair of glasses that shown her cold and emotionless demeanor. “I'm sorry for the old man's mistake,” Gregory sounded hoarse as he spoke to her. “Your apology means nothing to me,” Alex replied coldly as she moved aside to let her brother in. “What happened can't be turned back,” she wheeled herself away leaving him there by the doorway. Gregory smiled when he realized that she hadn't kicked him out yet, slowly he stepped in and closed the door behind him before following her into the living room.
 
“Look, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you in the past. I was stupid about it,” Gregory spoke as he sits down on a chair Alex pointed at for him to sit. “So you admitted that you're stupid after all,” Alex throws a sarcastic comment at her brother. “Yeah, about a lot of things. Mostly I was in denial about my life and about you two,” he nodded his head with a serious look on his pale face.
 
“Are you regretting that you didn't love her?” Alex sounded rather calm for such an odd question. “No, just thinking that I should be around more and be more supportive of you two. Things would be much better if I did,” he trailed off as he lowered his head. “You're not my brother, so I don't think your mother would approve.” Alex suddenly pointed out something Gregory thought she didn't know about. “You know about it?” he asked looking really shocked. “Everything,” she nodded. “When?” he asked anxiously. “A few months prior to my disowning from the family,” she shrugged at her own answer.
 
Suddenly the door clicked open and the sound of footsteps was heard heading for the living room. “Alex, you forgot to lock the door or something?” a sweet and gentle voice echoed through the house. It turned out to be Hannah, and she stopped dead when she saw Alex staring at her as well as Gregory was looking at her also. “Did you take your medicines?” Hannah asked Alex before giving Gregory a polite nod in greeting. “Not yet, I was going to when Greg showed up out of the blue.” Alex answered pointing at her brother with a less than serious look on her face. “I'll get it for you then,” Hannah excused herself quickly to escape Gregory's piercing gaze of interest.
 
“Medicines?” Gregory asked for the first time that he actually noticed his sister was in a wheelchair. “Painkiller and antibiotic,” she replied looking down at her legs. “From the accident?” he almost whispered. “Broken right leg, huge gash on forehead and a few on the back. Yeah,” she said as she removed the towel that covered her legs revealing the cast on her right leg. “It's getting better though,” Alex reassured her brother with her firm words. “I'm really sorry,” he murmured swallowing hard at her words.
 
“Well, I must get going then,” he said getting up. “I'll come again another time,” he smiled at her as they moved to the door away from the living room. “Try not to feel comfy here,” she replied as he opened the door. “I'm glad that you didn't hated me for the way I've treated you all those years,” Gregory smiled faintly. “I just don't like you, but I never said that I hated you.” Alex sounded cold and calm. “I'm glad,” he said feeling a little weird about her words. “No matter what you do, you're still my stupid older brother.” “Geez, thanks a lot.” Gregory laughed at her final comment before he rushed to his car.
 
Just as the young girl closed the door and wheeled herself back into the empty living room, Hannah emerged herself from the corridor. She then wheeled Alex into her bedroom; there dinner was prepared along with the medications. They have dinner in silent and the dark skinned girl looked on as the other girl took her medicines, and then she helped Alex into bed before leaving to wash the dishes.
 
Hannah quietly doing her homework while listening to the other girl's lecture on history, the soothing voice slowly drifted into silent. So the dark skinned girl looked up to find her friend letting out a light yawn with her hand over her mouth. “How have school been lately?” Alex asked before she let out yet another yawn. “Okay, I have a new roommate and she drives me insane.” Hannah murmured hoping the other girl didn't hear her complaints. “Is she being nosy?” Alex seemed to hit the target right away and Hannah could only nodded her head in awe.
 
“Why don't you move in with me during winter break?” Alex suddenly suggested. “Eh?” Hannah looked quite shocked. “This house is large enough for two people, and there's no point staying if your roommate being too nosy about your personal time. I'll contact the Dean and make arrangement for everything, so bare it just a bit longer.” Alex spoke softly. “If you say so,” Hannah sounded shied and a bit embarrassed at her friend's words. Though she knows that Alex did it out of good intention, and there are no other feelings but friendship towards her.
 
By late Fall the air become even chillier, and everything around the house becomes colorful. “Look what I got you,” Gregory exclaimed as a young man come up behind him. The man looked pale in the crispy autumn air with messy brown hair, along with bright emerald eyes that twinkles like the stars in the night sky. “A guy that looked like he's about to faint?” Alex said with a raised brow. “No, look!” Gregory turned toward the young man and opened the box that he held so dearly. It turned out to be a redwood hand-carved cane with a head of a dragon as the body wrapped around the rest of it.
 
“Peter spent his life studying at art of hand-carving,” Gregory said handing his sister the beautiful cane. “Thanks,” Alex sounded less than grateful. “Since you're part Asian, I hope that you would like it.” With the cane, Alex tapped it lightly on her brother's shoulder. “Are you insane? Do I look like an old man to you?” she looked rather angry. Though she leaned on the cane to support herself as her leg has yet to be completely healed, she used it and limped back inside slowly. Gregory was shocked at fist, but he relaxed and took Peter's hand as he followed her inside.
 
“I'll make us some hot tea,” Alex said as they entered the living room. “Oh I'll do it,” Gregory quickly said. “Hannah doesn't like it when things in the kitchen gets move around,” his sister explained calmly. “I forgot, she's moving in with you right?” he asked. “Yeah, she does most of the work around the house so don't piss her off.” Alex smiled warmly as she made her way into the kitchen.
 
“She's your sister?” Peter sounded soft and meek at the same time. “Yeah, se been through a lot,” Gregory nodded his head as he sit down next to the handsome young man. “Does her lameness have anything to do with it?” Peter asked looking over at Gregory. “That was a few months ago,” Gregory sighed rubbing the back of his neck tiredly. “So who is this Hannah person you guys are talking about?” Peter asked looking at Gregory with his curious green eyes. “She's a dark skinned girl, shy and quite pretty. She has been helping Alex out quite a bit, and a third year high school student at the Marvik Academy.” Gregory answered softly in hope that Alex wouldn't catch on if she comes out from the kitchen.
 
“It's rude to talk behind other people's back you know?” Alex said as she comes out pushing a cart full of hot tea and snacks. Gregory got up to help placing everything on the table, though Alex just stood there silently looking down the hallway. Gregory took notice and looked up at the hallway direction, and it made him stop dead.
 
“Oh, didn't see you there…” Gregory looked nervous and caused Peter to turn around and take a peek and the dark skinned girl standing in the hallway. “See? I told you it's rude to talk about people behind their back,” Alex scolded her brother. “So, having a bad day at school today?” Alex asked with a warm smile on her pale tiring face. “No,” she shook her head lightly. “What would you like for dinner tonight?” Hannah asked as she headed up the stairs to put her things away. “Let's go out for dinner,” Alex replied as she looked over at the guys to save them from the awkwardness.
 
Hannah refused to let Alex drive as she drove them back to the campus ground with Gregory following behind in his own car. “You still don't like him huh?” Alex asked as they come to a stop. “I just can't shake the feeling that he's up to something,” Hannah spoke softly. “Woman's intuition,” Alex laughed as she got out of the car. “Just give him a chance hm?” Alex looked at her friend with a serious face. “I'll try,” Hannah look flustered as she answered. “Good to hear that,” Alex said patting her friend's head as they walked toward the cafeteria together with the guys next to them.
 
They got a nice spot and placed their order, the waitress went to put in their order as they waited for their food. “Hannah, this is Greg's friend: Peter.” Alex said to break the ice. “Hello,” they both greeted each other shyly. “Cute aren't they?” Alex smiled at her brother. “Very,” he smiled back playfully. Their comment caused the other two to blush profusely from embarrassment. As though if Alex isn't enough, Gregory have to take part in the cruel joke along with his sister.
 
“Hannah?” a voice rang out clear as the night's chilly air. Hannah looked pale despite of her dark complexion, and Alex could see it must be bothersome to her friend. A girl with long auburn hair approached them; she stood in a light dress with her hair flow beautifully down her back. “Where have you been? As your roommate, I have the right to know. Have you been with these people?” the girl sounded like a spoiled little kid with an utmost stuck up attitude Gregory or Alex has ever seen. Hannah just looked down at the table, looking upset and very much embarrassed.
 
“I caused you a lot of grief for leaving school aren't I?” Alex ignored the girl as she spoke softly to her friend. “Oh, so you're that dropout…” the other girl exclaimed with a disgusted look on her face. “Please hush, I'm not talking to you right now.” Alex looked up at the girl with a stern gaze that caused the girl to take a few steps back. “What make you think that you got any right to know anything about anyone's personal life let along her? Didn't your parents teach you any manners?” Alex continued with a hardened voice that instills fear into the girl.
 
“And for the record,” Gregory started. “My sister isn't a dropout, though I see that you need to be taught some manners and I wouldn't mind teaching someone like you a thing or two.” Gregory smiled impishly at the girl. “Now, now, don't scare the poor thing like that.” Alex laughed and her brother just joined in with her. The other two could only sit there in silent as to how much alike they really are. “So be a good girl and go away,” Gregory shooed the girl away with a unkind look on his face.
 
“Ah! Vous êtes Alex Saito ? Quel honneur à courir dans vous ici,” someone said. As it turned out, a couple was approaching them along with the Dean who seemed to be a bit nervous seeing Alex there. “Mon nom est Henry, et c'est mon épouse Sophia. Nous que tous les deux se sont occupés de l'université ici, ainsi nous avons pensé à la mise hors des filles ici l'année prochaine. Votre théorie sur le clonage génétique était fascinante,” the tall man said to Alex with great admiration. “Thank you, though theoretically speaking it has yet to be tested to prove that my theory is correct.” Alex smiled at the couple and the Dean. It seemed that she understood what they're talking about perfectly fine, yet didn't feel the need to spoke in their language at all.
 
“I see that you're having dinner with your family, please excuse us.” Henry smiled at the others. His English was thick with French accent that Hannah and Peter find it to be almost impossible to hear him. “Ne vous inquiétez pas à son sujet, et j'espère que vos filles vont à l'école ici. C'est grande réunion vous,” Gregory said softly to them. “I'm sure they will be happy to come here,” his wife said with a much lighter accent. Then they all excused themselves and left as the foods was delivered to Alex's table.
 
“Wow, you're really famous.” Gregory made comment over dinner. “You can actually speak French, how fancy pansy of you.” Alex mocked her brother. “Naturellement, I a par le passé étudié en France.” Gregory boasted. “I'm glad that you've actually been to France for studying purpose,” Alex retorted munching on her food.
 
“You know what they're talking about?” Peter leaned over and whispered to Hannah. “I'm not very fluent in French, but it's something about her thesis that they find to be fascinating about.” Hannah murmured so that the other two won't hear her. “I have to wonder how many languages they can speak,” Peter nodded his head in understanding Hannah's explanation. “I agree,” the dark skinned girl said between bites of her food.
 
To make things worst, two men in their thirties approached their table. Bracing for the worse, Hannah and Peter stopped eating and hold their breath in waiting for what happen next. “Fräulein Alex? Ich bin Sebastian und dieses ist mein Partner: Felix. Vor wir waren dort, wenn Sie Ihre Theserede in Berlin einigen Jahren geben,” one of the men said to Alex. “Professor Felix?” Alex actually looked up from her dinner at the men. “Alex-san, sind Sie gewachsen, seit ich Sie zuletzt sah. Denken Sie, daß Ihre Theorie gewesen werden kann zutreffend? Wir würden so hoffen,” the man with a beard said to Alex with a very gentle smile on his face. “Sie Mittel vom genetischen Klonen? Ich denke an die Prüfung es im kommenden Jahr, als unser neuer Service errichtet erhielt.” Alex replied in a very polite manner that the others never seen before.
 
“Wir hoffen, daß es ein Erfolg sein würde, andererseits, das aller willen Alex-san immer ein Erfolg ist. Unsere Hoffnung der Zukunft liegt jetzt in Ihren Händen Alex-san,” Sebastian said to Alex with great confident in his voice. “Are you sure you want to put your future in my hands?” Alex gives him a wicked smile. “Ah,” he nodded firmly. “Without a doubt Alex-san,” he continued extending his hand to her. “Then I can't let my mentor and his special person down, so I will do my best.” Alex said shaking Sebastian's hand. “That is the confidant I like to see in my number one student,” Felix said softly in English, as there is no accent.
 
By the time dinner was over, everyone pretty much eyeballing them as they leave the place. They parted ways but Hannah and Alex went to a stroll around the school before heading back home, and Hannah seemed rather quiet. Winter will soon come and then Christmas, Hannah already let her family know that she won't be able to be home this year due to some extra stuff she have to deal with. Though part of it was true, she was actually going to spend her break moving out of her dorm and into Alex's house.
 
“Something on your mind?” Alex asked looking over at her friend as they walked down the steps of the school campus. “I was wondering how many languages can you speak,” Hannah smiled nervously since she was asked suddenly. “Enough to get me by,” Alex smiled lightly as she leaned on the cane for balance. “So far, you speak English, German, and French. Can you speak your native tongue too?” Hannah asked. “Of course, but not so good because I've never met anyone from Japan before. So I really didn't get any practice,” Alex laughed as they got to their car and Hannah drove them back home.
 
“You're still limping, so just sit there.” Hannah said as she carried a box out to the car. “Just because I'm limping, doesn't mean I'm useless.” Alex said as she carried another box and walked slowly outside. “Okay,” Hannah smiled helping her friend with the box. “Amazingly, it's almost Christmas already.” Alex said taking in a deep breath of fresh cold air. “Shall we get going then?” Hannah said as she opened the door to the car. “I guess so,” Alex smiled as she got in herself.
 
Gregory and Peter come over on Christmas Eve and Alex personally went to prepare dinner for everyone, and it upset Hannah quite a bit because Alex hasn't fully recovered just yet. Gregory could tell when he looked at the dark skinned girl, so he offered to help his sister out in the kitchen but she refused any help from anyone. Amazingly the girl can really whip up quite a feast, everyone was surprised at how good her cooking was.
 
“Good morning,” Alex said as Hannah comes down the stairs while in her pajamas still. “Morning,” the dark skinned said smiling at her friend. “It snowed while you're sleeping,” Alex said. “Oh,” Hannah rushed over to the window and looked outside. The snow covered everything around the house, it is still falling lightly outside as she peered out from the window. Suddenly she rushed back up the stairs, Alex could tell that her friend was planning on going into the falling snow.
 
Alex grabbed her jacket and went out to start the car, as Hannah come outside she waved to her friend to get in the car and drove off to the school. It is the silence of winter that Alex would set foot into campus ground again, since she enjoyed the quiet moment without all the prying eyes around. But something stopped her as they made their way to the Recreational building; it was the distinct sound of someone singing in Italian. The familiar sound made Alex picked up her pace as she moved quickly through the snowy ground and Hannah tried her best to keep up with her friend's pace.
 
“Courtney,” Alex said breathlessly as she stood by the doorway. The singing stopped and a beautiful woman in her early twenties opened her eyes to look at Alex, “Alex?” “When did you got back?” Alex asked not noticing the woman sitting at the piano staring blankly at her and Courtney. Like the other woman, Hannah too stood behind Alex with a very blank and confused look on her face with the cold air brushing against her back.
 
“I just got back two days ago,” Courtney said with a soft smile on her face. “My, you've grown quite a bit since I last saw you. Oh this is my music teacher in Italy, Matilda Kumai.” Matilda said as she introduced the lady at the piano to Alex. “Ciao,” Alex turned to face the woman at the piano with a light nod. “Ciao,” the woman replied softly looking almost embarrassed. “il mio nome è Alex Saito,” Alex introduced herself smoothly in Italian. “È un piacere venirli a contatto, colloquio di Courtney mólto circa voi. Ma è niente confronta a venirli a contatto in persona,” Matilda said as she stood up gracefully.
 
Courtney was quite surprised at how fluent Alex was in Italian; “The real thing is always much more than hearing it from me.” “You can speak Italian too?” Hannah couldn't help but speak up of her shock of the whole thing. “Ah, this is Hannah my roommate.” Alex finally remembers about the other girl. “Hello,” the other two said in unison. “Uh nice to meet you,” Hannah said quickly as she tried to regain her composure.
 
“I'm Courtney, Alex's old friend. Matilda here is my lover,” Courtney said courtly with a gentle smile on her face hoping Hannah understand that there's nothing between her and Alex. “What bring you back?” Alex asked ignoring Courtney's concern. “Matilda was looking for a good school to persuade her parents on letting her younger sister to attend abroad. I remembered that you're talking about this school, so we decided to take a tour to see and it seemed to be quite a school. I also heard that you've made quite a few breath taking appearance about the thesis,” Courtney explained. “You were there listening to my speech, remember?” Alex reminded the older woman. “Yeah, but I didn't know it would cause such an uproar and turn you into a super celebrity.” Courtney laughed lightly.
 
“Um, you two wouldn't mind if we have a talk in private would you?” Courtney said looking at her lover. “You should catch up on old times,” Matilda smiled back. “Yeah, I'll make us some hot chocolate then,” Hannah said as she quickly steps aside and headed for a small kitchen in the back of the place. “Thanks,” Alex said politely as she held the door for Courtney. Together the pair walked slowly away from the building towards the freshman building.
 
“So how do you like it in Italy?” Alex asked as they got out of the cold weather and into the warm building. “Good, but I was homesick on the first year and missing you.” Courtney said softly as she walked a bit behind Alex. “Didn't we both agree that once we pick our path, there's no turning back?” Alex chuckled as she opened the door to the music room. “Yes, but…” Courtney paused when she noticed that Alex was limping slightly as she walks up to the piano in the back of the room.
 
“Alex, what happened?” Courtney asked. “Long story short, my leg got broken over the summer.” Alex said with a faint smile on her face. “Alex,” Courtney said as she moved swiftly up to Alex. Resting her hand on Alex's left cheek, Courtney leaned down slightly and kisses Alex fiercely. Shocked but she soon regain her composure and closed her eyes slowly, Alex rested her hands on Courtney's waist and slowly pushes her away.
 
“Courtney, we shouldn't…” Alex said looking away. “I'm sorry,” Courtney said biting her lips looking rather guilty. “I tried so hard to move on, but I still love you.” Courtney started to cry. “I'm sorry,” Alex said pulling the older woman into an embrace. “Don't you love Matilda?” Alex asked hugging the older woman tightly. “Yes, I love her but I'm still not over you either.” Courtney sobbed on Alex shoulder. “Courtney,” Alex pushed the older woman away and sit her down on the piano bench.
 
“If you truly love Matilda, then let's not hurt her.” “But…” Courtney started to protest but Alex already had her finger on Courtney's lips to hush the woman. “You can carry me in your heart, but never forget who you currently love. No matter whom I might fall in love in the distant future, you will always remain in my heart. Because you're the person that teach me how to love someone more than life itself,” Alex said as she knelt down and rested her head on Courtney's lap. “I've lost someone very dare to me, so I do not want to lost what we had together too.” Alex whispered.
 
“God, you can never be selfish for once can you?” Courtney giggled as she caressed Alex's face. “For once Alex, just once I like to see you act your own age instead of that of an older you. But what are you going to do about that girl?” Courtney asked. “She'll move on, I'll be going away this summer. It's time to work on proving my theory is true and Genetic Cloning is possible,” Alex answered looking up at the other woman. “I have just the right people in mind to test it on,” Alex gives the other woman a wicked smile as she got up on her feet.
 
“Maybe, just maybe…” Courtney paused for a moment. “When we settle down and wanted to have kids, I would like you to be the one to make it happen.” Courtney finally said and managed a small smile. “It would be an honor for me then,” Alex said bowing slightly at the older woman. With her hair tied back, Alex looked very charming in Courtney's eyes and that warmed her heart up completely to see that the person she once loved now matured and becoming much more relaxed than when they first met.
 
“Let's head back before they come looking for us,” Alex said laughing lightly as she held her hand out to the older woman. “Yes,” she said smiling back at the young girl and took her hand. Pacing slowly they moved down the steps and into the open air, Courtney didn't felt the cold because Alex was holding onto her hand as they headed back to the small building where the other two were waiting for them to come back. Alex limping still, but the smile that spread over her face remained as she and Courtney moved across the snow-covered sidewalk.
 
As they entered, Matilda was listening to Hannah playing on the violin. She stopped playing as she heard footsteps; Alex and Courtney smiled as they clapped their hands at Hannah's performance. “Keep playing,” Courtney said kindly to Hannah. “I'm just an amateur,” Hannah said blushing hard at the sight of Alex. “Let's try it again,” Alex said grabbing herself another violin while nodding at Matilda. Together, the trio produced sweet flowing melody and Courtney couldn't help but to sing along with the notes.
 
The visit was short, but it was enough for the four of them to make their choice. Alex walking away with happiness in knowing that the woman she once loved had moved on with her life. Matilda, however, shows great interest in Hannah's talent because she's like a diamond in the rough and with enough polishing, Hannah will become one of the world's greatest musicians. Even Alex agreed with the music teacher on that point, the harsh worded young girl actually complimenting her friend is a rare sight indeed.
 
Spring comes and goes, and Hannah went home for the summer like always. Alex actually took her to the airport and watched her boarded her flight back to the U.S. before calling up her brother to meet up with her at her home. After a long discussion, Gregory and Peter finally agreed with Alex about using their DNA for her Genetic Cloning project that will begun as soon as they agree upon her request. Honestly, Gregory and Peter are ready to settle down and have kids themselves, so when the opportunity presented itself they jumped at it right away.
 
“Alex, are you sure about all this?” Natasha asked the young girl one last time as they both boarded a ship that will take them to Mars. “Yes, we will not accept new students into the college until the construction up there is done. The lab has been finished since last year, we have plenty of scientists to start the research now that I have Greg's blood sample along with his partner. Why not stay up there for a while? Just to make sure those people actually working and not slacking,” Alex answered calmly as she sat down across from Natasha. It's a private ship, so they didn't have to worry about security or anything for that matters.
 
“My father give you part of the earning revenue and that's what you did, you went a buy an entire continent to move the university up there. You're one crazy kid you know that?” Natasha said shaking her head at her own comment on Alex. “So how long are you going to keep on being solemn like that?” the young woman finally got to say what she wanted to talk about. “I'm not solemn,” Alex replied quietly as though not to disturb the old wound. “It's almost a year already Alex, move on already. Julie would be sad to see you like this,” Natasha leaned forward to be face-to-face with the younger girl.
 
“You don't understand how I tried my best everyday not to break down,” Alex murmured quietly. “You'll never understand what it's like to lose the people you love, the pain is far greater than any physical wounds that was wrought upon my flesh. It's hard to look ahead to be able to move forward without looking back,” she finished as her voice become rather shaky. “Then why not let that girl heal you?” Natasha asked. Seemingly, she knows about Hannah more than Alex thought she knows about. “No, she will move on in times. When she finally matured, she will realize that we are from different worlds.” Alex spoke sternly.
 
By summer end, Hannah returned to an empty house with a folder with information on the name changing of the house from Alex over to her name. Surprised and confused, Hannah found a note stuck within the folder from Alex addressing to her. Her hands shake as she read the letter once, she couldn't understand it so she sits down to read it once more.
 
Ms. Hannah Blake
 
I leave this house in your care, it now belongs to you and you can handle it however you see fit. I am sorry for all the troubles that I've caused you, but I'm also grateful for your kindness in helping me. This will be the last time for us to have a conversation, as you know that I am fully healed. It is time for me to leave to work on the Genetic Cloning project, and this will take place in an unmanned piece of land. The chance of ever leaving it is pretty slim, though I really don't mind staying there either.
I wish you well with school and life, and I am sure you will move on in time and become a musician if you desired so. You are a strong and talented person, and for that I have no doubt you can overcome this small hardship.
 
Alex
 
Tears rolled down her dark cheeks and stained the white paper, smudging the words upon it. “How could you?” Hannah said through her tears hugging the letter. “You know of my feelings yet you didn't outright told me, and now you left me hanging again with your words. How could you be so cruel?” her sobbing become louder as she could no longer hold it inside of her anymore. Alex broke the poor girl's heart badly, both physically and mentally with the short letter directing to her.
 
Hannah finally woke up the next day after crying herself to sleep; she neatly folded the smudged letter and put it away into the folder with the house contract and whatnot. Vowing to herself that she will be strong and make her own decision from now on, Hannah decided to travel the world in hope of finding Alex and tell her how much she loved her. With that in mind, Hannah studied even harder in order to achieve her goal in what she wanted out of the life she was given to.
 
After graduating from there, Hannah went back to the U.S. and attended an art college to obtain a bachelor degree in photography. As Peter moved to Mars just before the school year ended to welcome a pair of twins into the world as he's the proud father of the boy and girl siblings coming from the cloning tank. Alex got even busier when news broke of her success on the project, and so taking on the requests Alex ended up spending the next three years in the lab with frequent days off to get some fresh air and to visit her brother's kids.
 
After leaving DelMoon for four years, Hannah returned but the college was moved to Mars. In perusing to become a musician, Hannah applied for college and got accepted. Turning twenty-two, she finally returned to her first love in playing the violin beautifully as Alex had. Carefully putting the letter away, Hannah was packed and ready to board her flight to Mars and will stay there for the next few years. Her father was concerned about her not choosing a suitor yet, and every time the topic surfaced she just brush it aside saying she has yet to find the right person.
 
Towering at five feet ten, Alex stood under the sunlight watching the kids playing in the sandbox nearby. Smiling, she turned away and left the playground; the proud young doctor tugged her hands in her cargo pants' pockets walking slowly. It has been five years since she left Earth and moved to Mars, now owning an island with a large mansion built upon it to be her new home. Alex commuted by boat from her home to the campus everyday to teach music, and give lecture on Genetic Cloning from time to time.
 
“Welcome all to our new campus,” Alex said as she entered the small classroom. Her classroom was made especially small because she prefered fewer students in her class, so she could give them more one-on-one attention. Hannah looked up upon hearing the familiar voice, and was surprised to see the calm looking face without expression of any kind looked pass her. “I am Professor Saito, and I hope that you all will give it your everything in this class. Music is all about love, passion, and devotion, so if you're missing one of it you should withdraw from this class now. Now, let us begin class…” Alex said as her eyes rested on the dark skinned student that she found to be very familiar to her.
 
“Damn, she's evil…” a student murmured as they leave class. “Is she even human? She just seemed to be too young to teach here,” another one said. “Where are you guys from? A cave? She's widely known on Earth years back, and she's been giving lessons to the music major students for about two years before she left Earth to move up here. Be careful what you say because she's widely respected around here,” an older student passed by warned them before moving on. His words struck them silence in awe; they felt foolish for not knowing such things about their professor.
 
“Professor Saito, may I have a word with you?” Hannah asked approaching Alex. “Why don't you come by after school? Now go on to your next class before you'll be late,” Alex said urging the other girl out of her classroom. “Uh… thank you,” Hannah said remember that she had a few more classes to attend. But one of her classes, the professor led everyone to a study hall in a separate building of its own. He was talking about GC of some kind that everyone should attend at least once in his or her lifetime.
 
“Good afternoon, I'm Dr. Alex Saito. As quite a few of you have already attended my class, and many of you are curious about GC. GC is short for Genetic Cloning, and unlike old fashion cloning.” Alex paused as she walked up to the podium. “Genetic Cloning can use your hair, skin, and even blood to clone along with the old fashioned sperm and egg. Unlike old cloning, there's no need for a woman to carry the fetus through nine months of pregnancy. We have a lab that specifically uses for GC and an AI system that will monitor the progress of the unborn to make sure that the child absorbed all the nutrition it needed in those nine months in the cloning tank. GC offered for people that are unable to bare child or same-sex couples only, and with the advance of technology we were able to determine which gender the child will be before it is fully developed to its parents wish.” Alex finished her discussion on the topic rather quickly as usual.
 
She left the study hall for some other science professors to explain the process of Genetic Cloning a little more thorough. Hannah seeing her chance of getting Alex alone also snuck out herself, she followed Alex to the music room. “Alex,” Hannah called just as Alex opened the locked door. “Do I know you?” Alex said raising a brow at the dark skinned girl. Hannah hesitated as she looked around before pushing Alex into the room and close it behind her.
 
Grabbing tightly onto the other girl, Hannah's seven years of silent love exploded as she moved around and pushed Alex hard against the door and locked it up tightly. “What do you think you're doing?” Alex raised her voice as she tried to free herself from Hannah's grip. The dark skinned said nothing as she stand on her toes and kissed Alex forcefully, shocking the other girl as she put one hand around her neck to pulled her down slightly. “I love you Alex, ever since the first time we met.” Hannah said before kissing the other yet again with much more strength and passion than before.
 
Like a cyclone, all the memories that were forgotten with times surged back in full force inside Alex's head. The feelings she thought that died when Julie died surface, it's like a new candle was lit inside her heart and she's burning with new desires and hopes. Finally, another chance at love and it seemed that they were meant to be after all those years apart. Alex wrapped her arms around Hannah's waist, pulling her into a hug and a fiery kiss that leave the dark skinned breathless when they parted.
 
Four years had gone by since that faithful day, and Hannah was watching the tanned skin girls playing on the slides next the swings. The girls looked a lot like Hannah but they have the eyes that belonged to Alex, the kids shriek and took off suddenly making Hannah turned around to see what got them so excited. “Puppies, puppies,” the girls called out to the puppies in Alex's arms. They were thrilled at the sight of it all, and Hannah couldn't help but smiled at how warm Alex's smile was toward the children.
 
“Amy and Lily get one,” Alex said letting one white lab mix pup onto the sandy ground. “Mommy, where's ours?” the boys got off the swings and run up to Alex and Hannah. “Jordan and Jake also get one,” Alex chuckled lightly as she handed the other pup to the boys that resemble her but have Hannah's warm personality. “Hey, what about me?” Hannah asked playfully. “You? You get this,” Alex said pulling out a small black box from her jacket's pocket. She then got down on one knee and opened the box, showing a shiny diamond wedding band within it.
 
“Hannah Blake, would you marry me again?” Alex asked sincerely. “But it's only been four years,” Hannah gasped at the sight of the ring and Alex's words. Four years ago, Alex didn't proposed or have a ring, she only asked Hannah to be hers and that's all to it. Even with Hannah's parents' disapproval of their relationship, they have four kids together with Alex taking care of the kids while Hannah finished school. Hannah is now a popular musician performing over the link only, while Alex teaches at DelMoon University as the evil music professor that frightened all the freshmen.
 
=End=
 
A/N: Hello, I realized that it has been rather long since I last posted a story of any kind. I also noticed that there's quite a bit of typos and spelling errors with my work, Microsoft Word isn't really all that helpful when it comes to spelling check and stuff. `sigh' >.> I hope you enjoy the story, and thank you for reading it.