Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny in Imaena ❯ Hello, Mirror ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I was all alone in my room. Thinking about it. Thinking about the mirror. I looked at it with faint eyes and I had a lifeless face. I crawled over to the mirror and touched it.

Hello, Mirror

Four days ago, my grandmother was alive. She was my only relative that was still alive. I'm only 15 years old, and yet she had to leave me alone. My parents were killed in a fire, and I had no siblings. My mother had no siblings either, my uncles and aunts, I never got to meet... My grandmother was single at the time, her husband divorced her long ago when my mother was young. My other grandparents on my father's side, were dead. Why does that all matter? I have no one now. I'm all alone.

It all started those four days ago when my grandmother just had the heart attack. Mikuni, was my name, and every morning, my grandmother would ask for me to help her. She was on a cane, brittle and weak, yet left with some life in her. She was outgoing and always cheerful. I would get up early in the morning after a good night's rest and help my grandmother out of her bed. I was always happy to help her in any way I could.

"Ha! You help me like the young boy." Grandmother would always talk about this certain boy she met when she was young. I always guessed it was her first love. "Grandmother, not again..." I said with a nervous smile. I didn't want to hear about Sayuke again. I've heard about it more than ten trillion times already..

"Ah but child.. my memories are fading away slowly each day! I need to remind myself about my first truth love..." I followed her. "Sigh... He was my only real true love...." we both said together. I chuckled, "Grandma, you repeat yourself each day." "I do? How so?"

I snickered, "Only about 30 times each week do you repeat yourself."

Grandmother laughed and said, "That much? I must watch myself."

I sighed with a smile and said, "Grandma, if that boy was your only first true love, why didn't you tell him you loved him and marry him? Why did you marry Grandpa then?"

Grandma smiled and said with a sigh, "...Only because we were different."

"Different? You told me he liked to do things you did."

"Ah... but we were different..."

"Like another race?"

"No.... well... kinda. In a way, yes."

"No one can't tell you who to marry. You should've married him!" Grandmother laughed. "Ha! And let your mother wind up the way he looked like? No, no, Mikuni.... That would be bad." I blinked at her. "Was he a nazi....?" I said worried. She looked at me, "Ha! He was not from this world, child!" I didn't say anything and looked at the ground.

She chuckled and said, "Remember all those stories I told you when you were young?" "From about 10 years ago? Of course, you always told me those stories for bedtime. What about them?"

"That hero from my stories, was the boy that I've always talked about."

Grandmother would tell stories about a hero, with wings and light blue hair. He wore a white robe with a light yellow sash. Behind the robe would be a black vinyl shirt, made out some kind of animal hair, that contained that certain material. The boy would travel with a girl searching for a stone, a certain stone that was needed in order to restore peace throughout the boy's land. As the boy and the girl were searching for this certain stone, they found new things and places.

They found new people, animals, and places as such of these in order to look for this stone. The boy's world was in deep trouble and the stone was searched by villans each and every day. Greedy villans such as these, would try to seek out the stone in order to fulfill their evil ideas. It was the main characters of the story that restored peace in the world as they were the ones who grabbed the stone back.

I looked at my grandmother, she had her cane and she tried going up the stairs. She held onto the rail of the stairs with her left hand and she had her other hand on her cane. She groaned and suddenly fell over onto the stairs. I gasped and ran over to her, "Grandma! Are you okay?" My grandma laid on the ground and didn't make any motion. I was shocked as I had known she just had a heart attack.

I quickly went over to the phone and started dialing until my grandmother started getting up again slowly. She groaned out, "Mik--kuni.." She fell to her knees and her hands suddenly slipped off of the rail. Her chin hit the third step hard and I could tell by the sound of it. I cried and I rushed back to her. "Grandma!! What is wrong??" I cried, "Please... Don't leave me..." I uttered out.

She smiled wearily and grabbed my arm. "Mikuni dear... Please know that I will always be there with you.." "Grandma... no.. please don't go. Who will be there with me...?" Tears came down my face. She half-closed her eyes and looked into mine, "My dear.. You soon won't be alone, ever again.. Good-bye.. my--" She took a final deep breath and sighed slowly, wandering off into the light.

Her grasp on my arm slowly started to shrink away. Her grasp went down to my hand and I gulped out, "Grand-ma? Grandma?? Grandma?!" I put my head down and cried on her hand, the tears made a tiny puddle as each tear dripped down onto the stairs.

That night, I was alone in the house. The ambulance and hospital offered me to stay with them there but I decided not to go with them. "Please.. leave me be." I told them. I sat in a corner for hours, just looking at the ground, thinking so many things. They all seemed to surround me. They started corning me. They started swarming the insides of me. It was horrifying, they-- were my fears of being alone in the darkness. I was trying to get it all away from me but it was a blanket of darkness that consumed me up.

It choked around me and made me want to die. Loneliness.... It was a horrible feeling...

I slept on the ground for an hour or so until something awoke me up. I heard a roll on the ground, apprehensive and with instinct, I charged up by the corner. My dry-teared weary face looked upon a small orb. It looked like a marble. It was a blue little orb that it was, it was a pale gray blue. I put my finger on it and touched it. I rolled it back and forth underneath my finger. I then picked it up and threw it towards a mirror. It was the mirror in the living room. It was always there, there to look at. Not use.

I crawled towards it and laid down by it. What then surprised me, frightened me. I got startled and plunged back. I hit my head and fell unconscious for not pretty long. I woke up, along side the mirror. I was against the wall. I sat up and gasped again, questions appeared abruptly in my head. They all gathered around in my mind, tense and feeling so insecure.

Yet, I felt warm and loved for some reason.

I had no idea.

I stood up, wearily. My head was aching and I had been laying on top of a marble for about 15 minutes. One of my bones on my back really hurt, like the marble had imprinted on my skin for hours or something. I rubbed my head and my hair showed over my arms. I brushed it back, and patted my dress along the dusty areas. I sighed and looked at the mirror.

Enchanting it was. It was probably in years that I have looked at my reflection in this mirror. It seemed to draw me in, an aurora like it was. It drew me in and exhausted. I took a deep breath and suddenly I fell into the mirror. I just slowly touched the surface of the cold glassed mirror and then there it was. The minute I fell in, I felt soothed and felt like I was in a dream.

I turned around and faced to where I entered this portal of auras. The mirror was growing closer away from me. Descending away, my hair glided up, making me not see any clearer. It was blocking me and I suddenly closed my eyes. I felt a wave of energy collide through me. I kept falling, falling, falling... Deeper, deeper, deeper... Comforted, feeling safe, and feeling company.

Splash!