Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny in Imaena ❯ Entering the World of Non-Reality ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Entering the World of the Non-Reality

I felt wet and cold. I shivered as I had woken up. I opened my eyes and looked up directly at sunlight. The radiant flash made my eyes hurt a bit but then I gasped. I sat up and water droplets fell onto my dress. My hair was soaked, and I felt a bit dizzy. I looked around, until I noticed something strange. I wore glasses, but I didn't have them with me right now. It was amazing really, because I couldn't see so well back in my house a few hours ago. But now, my vision was as clear as the sky.

I looked around, bushes and grass and plants all around. I was in a pool of liquid, the "water" did not look clean to me. It was a strange color, really. It was true green mixed with some blue and lavendar. I touched it, it felt like ordinary water. It didn't stink, or hurt me, or seem to do anything. It did seem gooey to me, as it kept moving around frequently like gelatin. I half-closed my eyes, staring at the water.

Thoughts quickly filled my mind. Where was I? How did I get here? Where is this place? Why did I come here? How did I get here? Where is my grandmother? Will I ever return back home?

Those mangy thoughts stuck on like packs of ticks on a street dog. I shivered and I accidentally stepped on my hair with my hand. I pulled back, shocked. My lip quivered and I picked up a strand of hair. It was a light snow blue. I picked up layers of my hair and then I shook all over.

"What... is this? How did my hair turn into this color?!" I grabbed a lock of hair and pulled it. Disoriented and disorderly minded at the minute, I wanted to drown in this pool of sorrow. I put my face into the water and held onto my breath for about 15 seconds and then I put my head back up. I panted with a tired look on my face and then I sat up. I sighed and looked around. Forest.

Trees, as big as two story houses surrounded me. It was cool and yet also warm in this place. I tried standing up, I felt like I was laying on the ground for a couple of years now. I stood up for a bit until I heard something. My vision was not only sharp as a hawk's now but my hearing was now. I could feel and even sense an object coming towards me. My lip quivered once again; nervous, I sat back down in the water. I then saw it.

A sphere of light coming towards me. I gasped and then ducked. The orb of light just barely scraped my face. The orb traveled through the pond and then out of my way. I looked back and it was gone by the time I turned around. I panted and took a deep breath. I stood up and quickly made my way through out the pond. I waded through the liquid and out onto the grass. The grass was moist and soft, soft as a blanket.

I walked on top of it, I was barefoot. I wasn't wearing any shoes, as I wouldn't have back in my house. But I was glad the grass was soft and not prickly nor sharp. I stopped by a tree and looked back for a moment at the pond. The water was clear and I actually saw some fish in it, swimming around. I sighed and thought, 'Maybe I should have stayed in the pond.'

I walked off into the woods not knowing that I was being watched at the time. A figure stood by a tree near the pond and walked over onto the pond. They glimpsed at me and stood on top of the water. They wore a robe with a hood that covered their face and hair. They looked at the ground and suddenly, wings spread out. The person flew up into the sky and flew away.

Not turning back, I heard the person and started running. Not panicked but calmly.

I knew I could not go back now.

Looking around each five minutes, I looked for intelligent life around me. Society, civilization, something at least that I could ask to help me. Walking seemed like I was lost forever. Every hour, I was in a new place. From a pond in a tall thick forest, to a field of holes in the ground where steam let out. Geysiers they were called, let out magical puffs of smoke that would change colors. The steam would go from 10 feet to 200 feet it seemed. I looked around, the ground was hot and gooey as the ground underneath was filled with hot steam. When I reached towards the middle of the field, the ground suddenly got colder.

Although, there were more geysiers around. I stepped on one, unfortunately, the steam was as cold as ice in the North Pole. I looked at my foot, frost came up. It my foot had gotten numb, I wanted to go back where the ground was warm so I could get the frost off of my foot. But I had to keep going, as much as I wanted to go back... Instinct told me no.

Just then, I felt it again. Someone was watching me again. I looked up into the sky, the sky was so pretty and yet unusual. Instead of the color blue, the sky was a faint green. Like the pond, it was also mixed with colors such as lavendar and light blue. Crystals appeared in the sky and they glittered like stars. I looked around again, the "clouds" in the sky hovered around. It looked more like steam but they were clouds. Although they were the color light purple.

I then saw lines coming down in the sky. They looked like markings that someone clawed through the atmosphere. Trying to get in, claw marks in the sky. How amazingly interesting it was to see, the lines in the sky were blue and they seemed to change color each time. I also saw planets.

Spheres glued to a colorful background, as they looked to me. They were just there in this wonderful world of imagination. I saw two planets close to each other, and then one giant one all the way towards the horizon where I turned to my right. It looked like Jupiter but then the atmosphere color of it was a light yellow. I gazed at it, wondering where I had ended up.

How did I end up in such a wonderous place like this? What was my purpose here as well?

I walked a bit, still sensing that person's presence. I let it pass me, the feeling I mean. I paced myself until I was suddenly picked up off of my feet and I struggled to get out. I looked down, I gasped, "Let me go!!!" I said. The person carrying me, I saw their shadow down on the ground. A robe covered their outline of their body. Out of the blue, I saw trees again. The person and I were out of the geysier field. I kicked and complained, "Let me go whoever you are!!"

"NOW!" I shouted as loud as I can and a glow out of nowhere appeared out of my body. The person was panicked, I could hear their gasp and then I was suddenly dropped. I screamed and fell through some trees. Down, down, down... Slowly, slowly slowly... It was that feeling again when I was going down through the mirror. It wasn't until a minute later, that I hit the ground.

Scrit scrit. Scrit scrit. Shshsh. Shshsh. Those were the sounds I heard nearby me. I opened my eyes slowly and I got up a bit. "She's awake!" Someone said. I gasped and got up. "Oh thank goodness I have found someone to hel--" I looked at the object talking. I let out a scream.

My scream echoed out through the woods I was now in. I backed up and hit a rock. "Ow!" I rubbed my poor back. I was injured and I quickly felt the pain. "Don't move little girl!" The thing told me.

"What are you!" I told the penguin. Yes, it was a penguin. It was a penguin-like object that was in front of me. The penguin had a beard that reached down to his stomach, his body was a dark shade of blue. His beak, the color of a sunflower, looked crooked and dented. It looked like someone hammered it or did something to it. He had a red vest on, an oval of white skin covered his upper chest and stomach. He had large round eyes that were a light blue. He had a small black hat on his head, and his feet were bare. The claws of his feet were dirty though, and they were the same color as his beak.

I shuddered, thinking, 'Who was I now? Alice in wonderland?!' "What the heck are you suppose to be?!"

The penguin blinked at me and said, "An emperor penguin. I'm not an emperor but I surely like acting like one. Who are you girl and what are you doing out here in Twilight Woods?" "Twilight... Woods..." I told myself. I shook the thought away and then I looked back at him. "Listen here, bird!"

"Hrm, hrm. Penguin." He coughed between 'penguin'.

"Whatever you are, duck! Look, where am I and how did I get here?"

"Whatever do you mean!" The penguin told me. "You did not come here on a journey?! I surely thought you were a traveler from the lands of the farnorth. Look, what is your name girl?" Abruptly, someone was on my back. I screamed and grabbed whatever was on my back. I threw it towards a tree. The penguin gasped and went over to the tree. "Wiki! Wiki! What did she do to you!?" What was on my back, actually made me a bit nervous. I looked at the thing. Whatever it was, it was a furball. It was the color sepia and white. It was a polkadotted little thing.

The penguin was actually crying tears. "How could you hurt my little, Wiki! Don't you know Rugaras are harmless?!" I was confused. "What is that thing?" I asked. The penguin was in a dramatic state. He had his flippers or wings or whatever you call them on his cheeks. He gave me a really weird look. I had my finger pointing towards the little furball, and then I cocked my head to side. I was embarrassed as that little thing was really cute. "I'm sorry...." I told him.

The penguin took me to his home not shortly after the incident of throwing his pet onto a tree. "So.. where am I?" I asked. He looked at me and then he said, "Imaena, don't you know? Are you a foreigner from another planet?" He was in his small kitchen, where he was boiling some hot water in a creamic teapot. He grabbed the rubber purple handle of his blue teapot and poured some herbal tea into two small rubber cups.

I looked at the cups of his. I blinked at the rubber texture of the cups. I touched one of the cups and it wasn't hot. The tea sure looked hot though, plenty of steam came out of the liquid. I grabbed one of the tea cups and then I sat down on the penguin's chair. The texture of the chair was also so soft and bouncy-like. The chair looked so slick and easy to fall off, but it was really sturdy and the feel of the chair was hard. I relaxed on the chair and then I took a sip of the drink. It was suddenly cool in my mouth.

"Whoa..." I said softly. I was expecting a hot drink, not a warm drink. Steam still came out of the liquid. I was puzzled. The drink looked like it was so hot, yet it was so neutral.

"Is something the matter?" The penguin asked. He also took a seat down in one of his chairs. He slowly drinked from his cup. His little pet, Wiki, came into my lap. Wiki jumped to my face and snuggled against my neck. I was a bit nervous around the little thing, but it was so cute.

"No, not really." I smiled when Wiki was comfortable with me. "What is this animal called again?"

"First, where are you from? Rugaras are known all over the galaxy." The penguin took another sip of the drink. "You must be one of those nomads from the second galaxy."

"Um.... Yeah. I guess... Well not really..." I put the cup down onto a table. "Listen, mr..."

"Sir Udagi Penguin the Fourth."

"Yeah... Listen Udagi, sir.. Mr. Udagi... I'm not from around here..."

"I can see that but wher--"

I cut him off. "Sorry for cutting you off but I'm not really from around here." I moved around in my seat a bit. I was uncomfortable now. The penguin blinked and said, "Go on..."

"I'm from a world called Earth. I don't know how I got here but I want to know how to get back. Do you know how for me to get back to my world???" I asked. I was about to shed some tears, the penguin jingled his cup and then it fell to the ground. The cup did not break but the liquid slowly fell out of the cup.

It was like gel, the liquid inside the cup. I glanced at it for a bit and then back at the penguin. The penguin suddenly shouted, "HUMAN!!!" He jumped on me and the next thing I knew, my world had gone black.