Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Enough is Enough ❯ Enough is Enough ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Enough is a Enough By Secret  

Every time I try I leave something keeps pulling. . .

She hit the mute button on her cell phone, to ignore the phone call she was receiving. She knew who it was. It was Chris. He was only calling to tell her that he was sorry for what happen last night. But she didn’t what to hear it anymore. She was tired of the same bullshit taking place anytime alcohol was involved.

Alcohol was something he mainly used to cope with his problems. It so happen to be that yesterday she had wanted to end there three year relationship. She had been fed up yesterday with him, but she had stupidly taken him back with one of his old tired apologies, because she didn’t want to have to deal with a argument with him.

Well she had to work that night, and because they were on speaking terms she had allowed him to keep her car. Again to avoid arguments. She was going out of her way a lot to avoid arguments with him. But deep down she really loved him and she just couldn’t allow herself to let him go just yet. So around ten, the time she had told everyone she would be getting off, she got a call from her mother. Evidently Chris, was sloppy drunk. He was to intoxicated to even come and get her. So she was suppose to look out for her home girl, Tonya, who would be driving her car. She didn’t get back to her mother’s place, from which she was living til she was able to get back on her feet, until eleven.

Her mother had pulled her to side and asked if she wouldn’t mind if she would slip on the couch, because Chris was passed out diagonally on the bed. Again to avoid any argument she grabbed some cover from the hall closet and slept on the couch.

Around three in the morning she had to call the police on Chris. Typically they would have a verbal fight with one another, which would lead to a physical fight and then one of them would call the police on the other. Well to avoid that whole scernio, she had called the police at the start of the argument. It was a silly a argument to top it all off,

“Baby, where are you?“

“I’m in here Chris.“

“Why don’t you come in the room with me?“

To avoid arguments, I got off the couch and went to our room. I layed down and proceed to go back to sleep. The next thing I know he’s demanding me to return his cellphone.

“I don’t have your phone Chris,” I said calmly.

“Damn it, shit, give me back my phone Genesis.“

Knowing the outcome, I get up out the bed and head to the living room. Grabbing the house phone, I call the police. By then my sister who was asleep in her room is standing in the room quietly observing the scene. This is I believe the third fight she has observed between me and Chris. I assume she’s fed up with the way Chris has been treating me, me and her are so different. We are like day and night. I figured if she were in my shoes Chris would have been long gone. Yet she’s never been in love. So how can she understand what I am going thru? Well like I said called the police on Chris last night, he went to jail last. Only stayed overnight. Know he’s calling me, I know what he wants but I left a message on my voicemail for him. The message I left is still so clear to me,

“Chris, I know it’s you calling me. As you know I’m not answering any of your calls. Listen to this as many times as you like because I’ve had enough of the drama. I don’t want to be with you anymore. Last night finally told me something about you, I can’t change you. You won’t attempt to change for me. So why should I stick around and allow you to continue to treat me the way you do? I’m tired Chris, I’m so tired of the drama. Enough is Enough. So when you finally get the message, don’t call back.”