Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Erica and Tanya, or You Ought to be in Pctures... ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Two

Erica closed her trailer door and made her way across the busy studio lot, gazing a moment at all the different sets. A starship bridge there, battlefields, the Palace's great hall and over there... the Empress' private bedroom. The set had a real bed in it, with silken drapery and a few well placed lights to create a romantic look.

"Simon!" Erica called once she came into his line of sight.

"Did Tanya come see you?" the brown haired man smiled slightly. Simon adjusted his tie, his outfit crisp and neatly pressed.

"Why did you have to spring that on her the last moment?" Erica shook her head.

"It really did come up in the last script revisions," Simon protested mildly, "and anyway..." He trailed off into uncomfortable silence.

"What?" Erica looked at him suspiciously.

"Well, you always did tell me that you really liked blondes," Simon finally admitted to his friend sheepishly.

"Oh no," Erica glared at him, "you are not trying to be a matchmaker, are you?"

"Would I do that?" Simon batted his eyes.

"In less than a minute," Erica growled out. She shook her head, "Can't you even tell she's obviously straight?" A weary sigh, "Why is it as soon as a gay boy gets in a couple, he has to get everybody else matched up?"

"I think I resemble that remark," Simon smiled at her wickedly, "And how do you know she's straight? Did you ask her about it?"

"Simon!" Erica glared at him before continuing on, "Tanya is very uncomfortable with doing the kiss, you know."

"Then remember to be gentle with her," Simon smirked.

Erica threw her hands in the air, "You are shameless, you know."

"Never claimed otherwise," Simon laughed.

Not long after Tanya walked onto the set for the infamous kissing scene and froze, her eyes growing wide. Erica was secured in the middle of the room while technicians worked all around, setting up the props for the scene. But what really drew Tanya's attention was the 'X' shaped rack that Erica was secured to, ropes binding her down tightly.

"I hope that isn't as uncomfortable as it looks," a visibly pale Tanya managed to get out, looking over at Erica with concern.

Erica lifted an arm, revealing that the bindings holding her were mostly cosmetic. "It's not as bad as it looks," she explained cheerfully.

"Thank god," Tanya smiled nervously. She smiled shyly, "Do you think we could do a little run through before Simon shows up?"

"No problem," Erica got herself into position. She slumped slightly, her whole posture changing as she took on the role of a sullen prisoner.

Tanya took a deep, steadying breath. She straightened her back, calling up all the attitude she could muster. She strode into the chamber, circling Erica thoughtfully. "Things could have been so different," she finally said.

Erica looked up, her eyes narrowed, but didn't answer her.

Tanya's hand shot out, grabbing at the dark hair and pulling Erika's head up forcefully as she hissed, "Answer me when you're being spoken to!"

There was pain and rage in those dark eyes, but Tanya held her gaze. "What do you mean, different?" Erica finally answered softly.

Tanya stood even closer to her, gazing down into Erica's face silently for a few moments. "I didn't expect to find one so handsome leading the rebellion," she finally admitted, "and I certainly didn't expect a woman."

Erica hesitated a moment, meeting the beautiful blonde's sky blue eyes. "And that matters because?" she asked her.

A delicate hand ran though dark, scruffy hair. "I have always preferred more feminine companionship," she mused softly.

"It doesn't matter," Erica finally said quietly, "we are enemies, you and I." A soft sound of regret, "The fates have decided it's not to be."

Tanya gently slid her hand under Erica's chin, even as she brought her face just a bit close to hers. "Maybe it does matter," Tanya's breath teased at Erica's face as she softly said, "yield to me. I think you would make me a fine consort."

Before Tanya could react Erica pressed herself forward, bringing their lips together forcefully. Not thinking about it Tanya found herself returning that sweet kiss, her hands coming up to cup those smooth cheeks. They separated, Erica hesitated, then Tanya pressed her lips back again, initiating a second kiss, one more passionate than the first.

"I'm sorry," Erica finally managed to say, "but I gave my word." Real tears seemed to glisten in her eyes as she added regretfully, "I can not break it."

Tanya took a moment to clear her head from the devastating effects of that sudden kiss, to try and remember the last few lines of dialog. "So be it," she said to Tanya regretfully, "then your life is forfeit come tomorrow."

Tanya regally turned away from her, walking to where the door of the cell would have been. Then she looked back at Erica once, a expression of regret and longing in her eyes as she met Erica's for one last, long moment...

"Cut!" Simon's jubilant voice made Erica and Tanya jump. "All right, save that tape," he instructed the cameraman, "that's what we want."

"What the hell," Erica blurted out angrily.

Simon grinned, "As soon as I saw you two moving in to practice the scene, I got a camera rolling, just in case. And boy did it pay off! That was great."

Erica tangled herself up in her bindings and Tanya moved over to help her get free. "I didn't get all my positioning right," Tanya shot back as she sorted through the cables.

"You did great," Simon shook his head, "trust me."

Erica and Tanya exchanged a knowing glance. "Why am I beginning to dread hearing him say that phrase?" Tanya said dryly.

"Wisdom from hard won experience," Erica agreed.

They separated, moving off to work but exchanging a long glance as they parted. "Well, isn't that interesting," Simon softly noted.

The day's filming ended not long after that as they changed to regular clothes, cleaned up, and then filed out of the various soundstages. "Hey, Erica," Tanya called out, running with the ease from long practice in her short skirt and low heels.

Erica slowed down, letting Tanya catch up with her. Dressed in just a simple T-shirt and jeans she looked the total opposite of a mildly successful actress and more like a person on the street. They fell into step as they headed towards the parking lot, talking about minor things.

"So I guess the kiss wasn't so bad?" Erica finally had to ask Tanya, looking over to see the expression on the woman's face.

"No, it wasn't bad at all," Tanya blushed. She gave Erica a little smile, "I'm sorry I got so worried about it."

"New things an be scary," Erica smiled back, "trust me, I know."

"Did you get anything to eat?" Tanya asked once they reached their cars.

"I tried the catered food, regretted it," Erica made a face, and Tanya laughed.

"Would you like to go get some dinner?" Tanya offered.

Erica gave Tanya a dangerous little smile, "Are you sure you want to do that? You can probably guess the sorts of rumors that might start."

"I'm sure," Tanya said firmly.

Erica grinned, "Then I'd love to."

The End.

Author's Notes: I was inspired, in part, by author Erica Friedman's Yuriko series, about a singer/actress who just happens to be a very boyish lesbian, as well as by some ads I saw for "Billy's big screen kiss," a movie about the making of a gay romance. The ending is intentionally left unresolved in that Tanya may or may not become involved with Erica. Yes they're feeling an strong attraction, but if it goes anywhere is anyone's guess. The anime references this time are to a live-action Neon Genesis Evangelion movie and to a variation on Blood, the Last Vampire.