Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Erica and Tanya, or You Ought to be in Pctures... ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part Six

"I still can't believe that you said that," Erica chuckled as Tanya opened up her apartment door. The black haired woman imitated Marilyn Monroe as she quoted Tanya, "I'm sorry Mr. Director but Erica," a deliberate pause, "keeps me very satisfied."

Tanya chuckled softly as the beautiful blonde swung the door open, "Well the lecher wasn't getting the hint any other way."

"Well it's certainly made my reputation," Erica laughed, her black dress jacket slung over her shoulder casually. The boyish woman frowned as she continued, "And it kept me from socking that putz when he nearly felt you up."

"I noticed," Tanya smiled, flipping on the light switch, "and I kind of liked it when it looked like you were going to leap to my defense." She waved Erica towards the couch, "Grab a seat while I get into something a little more comfortable."

Erica smiled warmly as she sat down casually, looking Tanya over in the strapless little black dress that she was wearing. "It may be uncomfortable," she said to her quietly, "but I think you were the best looking girl there tonight."

Tanya blushed faintly but her smile was warm as she said, "Thanks."

"You're welcome," Erica said with a grin. She watched as Tanya walked across the room, her hips swaying gently then disappeared into her bedroom. 'I can't believe I said that.' she thought, 'we aren't dating, no matter how much it feels like we are.' A bit of a blush colored her cheeks as she admitted to herself, 'Or how much I may want us to.'

Tanya closed the bedroom door, leaning up against it for a moment. "Damn, I wish I knew if she meant that," she sighed softly. Erica probably hadn't intended that compliment to come out that way, or realized how warm her gaze made Tanya feel.

She pushed off the door and walked across her bedroom, slipping her shoes off then quietly pulling open a dresser drawer. Tanya hesitated, looking down at the lingerie and imagining what Erica's reaction might be if she walked out in that. She blushed, her imagination running away with her and quickly slid it shut, getting her sweatpants and a T-shirt. The dress unsnapped and puddled around her feet as she quickly pulled on the shirt and pants.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," Tanya walked back out into the living-room, her blonde hair a bit messy from changing, the T-shirt draped over her generously proportioned body.

Erica quickly turned from where she was looking through the CD rack and smiled guiltily, "Sorry, I was snooping."

Tanya chuckled back in her throat, "It's all right." She walked across to Erica, standing beside the slightly taller woman, "Do you want to pick something?"

"Sure," Erica took one of the CDs out and slipped it into the player, the stereo system starting up automatically. Soft Celtic music blended with pop began to play, several female voices raised in song as 'Forgiven, not forgotten' started.

"The Corrs?" Tanya blinked then she smiled warmly, "I almost expected you to pick something rock and roll."

"I'm just full of surprises," Erica said, turning to meet Tanya's bright blue eyes with her own dark brown ones.

Tanya's stomach loudly grumbled into the soft sounds of the music and she blushed brightly as she said, "I'm sorry."

"Considering that our evening of fine dining amounted to one piece of chicken, sprig of veggie and a thin sauce I'm feeling a bit peckish, too," Erica admitted.

Tanya chuckled and motioned towards the kitchen as she asked her, "Well, do you want to share a snack with me?"

Erica's own stomach grumbled quietly, too. "Does that answer your question?" she asked with a slight blush.

"Come on," Tanya laughed. They walked into the kitchen and Tanya waved Erica to a seat at the table there as she opened up the fridge to peer inside. "How would you like a burger?" she asked, entirely unaware of the view she was giving Erica.

Erica gulped, Tanya's rounded bottom pulling the sweatpants tight as she bent over. She was so distracted it took her a moment to register the question. "A burger would be great," she managed, "as long as it's not too much trouble."

"Nah, I have everything pretty much," Tanya said as she pulled an onion and tomatoes out, then opened the freezer to get some frozen beef patties out. She started a burner on her stove as she asked, "Do you want medium or well-done?"

"I like my beef well done, please," Erica grinned. "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked as she moved over Tanya's side.

"How are you at chopping?" Tanya nodded to the onion and tomatoes.

Erica didn't answer aloud, instead she got the cutting board down from where it hung on the wall then grabbed a sharp pointed knife. Smoothly she cut into the onion's outer layer and peeled the rough material away then set it down to swiftly cut it into even slices.

"Nice," Tanya said admiringly even as she flipped the burgers over.

"It was either learn to manage in the kitchen by myself," Erica took the tomato and carefully began to cut, "or live off take-out Chinese."

Tanya chuckled warmly, "And there's only so long that you can eat take-out before you start to loose your taste for it."

"Exactly," Erica nodded. She carefully stacked the various slices on a plate, "But I do have to admit to sticking with bachelor foods, mostly."

"Bachelor foods?" Tanya looked over at Erica curiously while casually flipping the burgers over to avoid any sticking.

"Easy to cook and fast," Erica smiled ruefully, "I'm an expert on making Kraft dinner, instant noodles and TV dinners, for instance."

"They're ready," Tanya murmured, getting the package of hamburger buns down and pulling one out each. "You really need someone to take care of you, Erica," she laughed, using the spatula to slide one burger on each bun..

"What, like a wife?" Erica asked as the two of them loaded up their burgers with various toppings from the fridge.

"I don't know if I'd go that far," Tanya murmured as they carried the burgers on little plates over to the table. "Would you like some Cola?" she smiled.

"That'd be great," Erica answered. "So why not a wife?" she asked.

"It does sound a little old-fashioned," Tanya said as she took two tall glasses and filled them. She gave Erica a thoughtful look, "Besides, I think you'd rather have a partner."

"You could be right about that partner thing," Erica admitted as she got up and took the glasses from Tanya before setting them down side by side. "Here," she held out Tanya's seat as she said, "for the lovely cook."

Tanya sat down, the chair smoothly pushed in behind her. "Why, thank you," she smiled up at Erica, a bit of red to her cheeks.

"Least I could do," Erica said as she took her seat beside Tanya.

"Oh no," Tanya shook her head, "I've had a few boyfriends and they never do that." She paused, "I'm not sure if they'd even think to."

Erica stopped, her burger part way to her mouth. "Then they weren't worthy of you," she said simply before taking a bite with obvious enjoyment.

Tanya looked at Erica, blinking in surprise. "That may be the single most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me," she said softly.

Erica felt her cheeks brightening as she met Tanya's eyes, feeling herself almost falling into the blue. "I meant every word," she said simply.

Tanya put her burger down, her hands suddenly weak. "Our dating these past few weeks," she questioned, "it wasn't all just an act, was it?"

"No," Erica confessed, her own burger sitting there forgotten as she said, "I like you Tanya, maybe more than I should be."

"Why?" Tanya's voice dropped to a whisper.

Erica leaned forward, her own voice soft as she said, "You've drawn the lines pretty clearly, you told me you were straight."

Tanya closed her eyes, shivering slightly at the feel of Erica's breath on her skin. "When I went to get changed," she said softly, "I wanted to come out in a nightie, not this."

Erica brought her hand up, resting it on Tanya's cheek. "I don't want you making a choice you'll regret later," she said softly.

"Trust me," when Tanya opened up her eyes they were clearly determined, "there is no way I could regret this."

"But...." Erica started.

Tanya closed the distance and pressed her lips to Erica's, silencing any other comment. It was awkward for a moment, uncomfortable, then Erica shifted a bit, pulling their bodies gently closer as the kiss deepened. They slipped apart, Tanya's breath coming faster as Erica looked at her in surprise.

"Is it all right?" Tanya finally asked.

"Oh yes," Erica gave her that cocky grin then pulled her into another kiss.

To be continued....