Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ Meettings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

Night had returned when Yuna next woke. She sat up and stretched, her injuries completely healed, with the exception of slightly raw skin. She stood and strode out of the cave, and grew feathery black wings from her back. Rhea opened her butterscotch eyes and looked around for Yuna, she wasn't there. Rhea sighed heavily, she should have known, she had no friends. She stood and stretched her stiff muscles, and walked out of the cave.
“Oh, you’re up.” Yuna said turning and smiling at Rhea. Her moon white fangs glittered in the light of the half moon. Rhea smiled at the sight of her friend.
“You didn't leave; I thought you might have left. Could you possibly tell me what you are exactly?” She asked, tilting her head curiously to one side.
“Oh, what I am… Well, I am a vampire, but these wings, I don’t know…” Yuna replied, staring at the moon.
“So what about you? What are you?” she asked. Rhea looked a little taken aback.
“Me? I’m complicated. I’m a hybrid, vampire werewolf cross, possibly the first, I don’t know. My history… well it’s a little complicated.” Rhea said.
“Oh, were you a slave? I heard alarms the day I met you.” Yuna asked,
“No, not a slave… I guess you could call me an experiment of sorts.” Rhea explained.
“Oh, yeah, I was the same. Just a weapon the Vampires made.” Yuna replied knowledgeably.
“I don't know what I’m for. I just know I've been in a Labyrinth for all my life and don’t even remember being human. And this is the first time I've ever been out of the Labyrinth.” Rhea replied.
“Well, it seems we’re a lot alike, you and I.” Yuna replied, pulling her wings back into her body.
“I guess so. I just want to get as far away from here as possible. So where to?” Rhea asked.
“I’m not sure. Well, we’re going to need a map or something.” Yuna said thoughtfully.
“Hm…” Rhea bit her lip pensively. “Do you have any idea where we can get one?” she asked.
“Well, if we wait long enough a soldier may come by.” Yuna suggested.
“Yeah, possibly. But we shouldn’t linger too long. We’re still close to the fortress, and they may still be looking for me.” Rhea agreed.
“That’s true. Well I could go, and take one from them and you could stay here. I need to feed anyway.” Yuna said, running her tongue over her fangs.
“OK, that sounds good. I’ll wait here, but if you take too long I’ll come after you.” Rhea said nodding.
“Then I won’t be long.” Yuna replied spreading her feathery black wings and she flew off into the night, as Rhea sat just inside the cave.
The star filled night provided Yuna with plenty of light and the fortress quickly came into view. Her glistening white hair danced around her face as the wind played with it, and she landed lightly on one of the pillars surround the dark, dreary fortress. It looked like a Dracula’s version of Frankenstein’s castle mixed with medieval cult architecture and feeling. Surrounded by a dark, murky moat, and mile high walls dripping with slime, water and bracken, ivy choking the doors and clinging hopelessly to the pillars; The building itself looked like a cross between Dracula and Frankenstein’s castles and a medieval cult Notre Dame. The only modern looking things were the guards armed with various weapons, and guard dogs. And watch towers placed on the corners.
“Now where would they hide maps?” Yuna asked herself, looking around. Then her eyes fell on a lit storeroom under a watch tower.
Back in the forest, Rhea was waiting just outside the cave, for Yuna to return. She stared dazedly up at the moon, lost in thought and memories. A twig snapped off to the side she jumped, startled, and leaped lightly and quietly to her feet. She shifted into a defensive, but slightly offensive position, ready to attack; a defensive snarl escaped her lips. A creature stood in between two trees, now bathed in moonlight. Rhea scrutinized the creature closely with hunter’s eyes.
The creature looked human enough, stood tall like a human, and had natural hair like a human. But he had gold cat-like eyes and had calico cat ears poking though his mud-brown, cropped hair. He also had a calico cat tail that was twitching nervously. He also possessed abnormally long, claw-like fingernails. He looked vaguely familiar to her.
“Who are you?” she growled, showing white fangs, ready to change in a heartbeat.
“My name is Daven, who are you?” the cat person replied.