Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ Friendships and Bonds ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Meanwhile, at the gothic fortress Yuna had found a drafty old shack, which looked very out-of-the-way and held possibilities. She looked inside, it was similar to a scribe’s room, with boxes upon boxes of parchments scrolls and other writings all stacked on shelves. Nailed above a low shelf, was a map, it was drawn on worn-out aged parchment, but it looked like a very recent and accurate map. She reached up to take it down, Perfect, this should help us get out of here. She thought. She paused suddenly, listening, voices outside, headed her way. She seized the map, ripping one of the corners, and slipped outside. Once she was safe in the shadows she spread her wings and took to the skies, heading back to find Rhea.


Back at the clearing Rhea eyed the new stranger, Daven, curiously. "My name is Rhea, what brings you here?" she asked suspiciously.


"I am looking for someone, I did not mean to intrude." Daven replied.


Yuna flew overhead, flying quickly, worried for her new friend. As she reached the clearing she saw Rhea and what appeared to be some kind of Youkai. She folded her wings and dropped to the ground in front of the Youkai, with elongated fangs bared.


"You, what do you want? Why are you here?" she asked.


Daven stepped back a couple paces, hands raised palm upward in a peaceful gesture. "Peace, I am merely traveling, trying to find someone." he said. Yuna's eyes narrowed.

"Who are you looking for?" she asked suspiciously.

"I," He paused. "I don't know exactly. Only that it's a girl, and she's different from humans." he said, a little confused, as though he hadn't realized this before now. "However, I do not know this land very well, and need a guide." he continued, and, upon seeing the map in Yuna's hands, asked. "May I travel with you?"

Yuna looked him over, judging his aura and physical capability, then grabbed Rhea by the wrist and walked a few feet away into the shadow of the trees.

"He doesn't seem dangerous, but still, he is suspicions." she whispered.

"I'm not so worried about him being a threat to us, more like me being a threat to him. I have neither knowledge of nor control over the full extent of my abilities." Rhea said, then glanced back over at him. "Yet, he seems familiar, like I know him from somewhere, but I can't place him." she said thoughtfully. Yuna titled her head to the side curiously

"Familiar? How so?" she asked, the question showing on her face and in her voice.

"I don't know, there's something nagging, tugging at the edges of my memory, but I can't say what." she said, then shrugged and sighed. "It's probably nothing."

"Do you think your memories were stolen?" Yuna asked.

"Stolen? What do you mean?"

"Like, taken from you when you were experimented on."

"Hm... I don't know, it's possible I suppose. I don't remember anything about my past except the experiments and trials." Rhea said. "But, if my memories were erased, why would I suddenly remember them?" she asked thoughtfully.
"Good question, I don't know either." Yuna said. She turned and walked back to where the youkai was. Rhea hesitated for a minute then followed her friend.