Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ Worries and Goings ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4

Yuka looked up, meeting Daven's gaze, after looking him over once more she finally nodded and said, "Well, since you don't seem dangerous, and you intentions seem naive enough you may come along is Rhea doesn't mind." she said, glancing back at her friend. Rhea shook her head. "I don't mind, but my powers are dangerous and sometimes unstable, so traveling with us could be hazardous." she warned. "Well, being a weapon does that, it's a con of the job. By the way, my name is Yuna." Yuna said, flashing moon-white fangs at him. Daven smiled impishly and extended razor-sharp cat claws. "I'll consider myself warned, but I can take care of myself." he said, then retracted the claws, his calico tail twitched and flicked back and forth before he stilled it. "So, where are we headed?" he asked. Yuna shrugged. "Don't know, heck, we don't even know where we are, much less where we're going."
"Well, that's comforting." Daven said, half-sarcastically.
"Well, let's just look at the map and see. I'm actually pretty good with maps, I did live in a Labyrinth after all. It was kind of a necessity." she said, taking the map from Yuna. Yuna shrugged and helped her roll the maps out on the ground. She whispered in her ear, "You've been awfully quiet, something on your mind? Or someone, more like." she said smirking. Rhea smirked back at her, "Really, I thought that was you." Yuna looked a little taken-aback. "What? You're the one who knows him." she said. "Well, they say familiarity breeds contempt, therefore, he's more your type." Rhea said, then shrugged. "Besides, my powers are too uncontrollable for a relationship." Rhea said, flattening one of the bigger maps and pinning it with pebbles to examine it. Yuna just shook her head and sighed. "Well I need to go feed, be back in a bit." Yuna said, and with that she spread her wings and took to the sky.