Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ Rhea rampage prt 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8

Once outside Rhea relaxed, now in her element, earth, and darkness. She led her friends along the wall in the shadows, and through the hole she had made during her first escape. Once out of the grounds they ran for the shelter of the dark trees and ran on until they were in the thick of them. Panting for breath and exhausted, running on sheer adrenaline, they all paused, and bent double, gasping for breath. Rhea finally relaxed completely and shifted back to her human form. Probably not the best choice, as she collapsed instantly lost to her dark unconsciousness. "Rhea!" Yuna gasped rushing to her side and quickly checking her pulse. Daven swore and knelt next to her, looking her over for wounds. He sat her up and noticed the nine, fine, cuts across Rhea's back. They smelled strange and were also marred by large fang marks on the side, where the cuts had swelled at each puncture. They had a dark, almost green tint to them.
"Poison. She's been poisoned." he said.
"Poisoned? How? By what? "Yuna asked, gently rubbing over the wounds, examining them.
"When she attacked the first lycan, that vampire got a shot at her back. The whip must have been poisoned. It explains why the other lycan died, it's poisonous to lycans, but not vampires." he said thoughtfully.
"Oh." Yuna replied, looking down. Then she looked back up in a sudden idea. She sliced her wrist with her fangs and smeared the blood on Rhea's wounds
"What are you doing?" Daven yelped incredulously. "Sharing blood could kill her, it might not be her blood type!"
"If you have a better ideas do tell," Yuna snapped. "But she won't die from this anyway, she's half of what I am." Daven looked at her confused.
"You mean like a sister? You said you'd never met before." he said, sounding befuddled. Yuna shook her head.
"What I mean is she is half vampire, my blood will heal and strengthen her." Yuna explained. "It happened when we were experimented on. She's half vampire, half lycan, and I'm a stronger vampire." She explained further as Rhea groaned and tried to stand. Yuna helped her to her feet.
Rhea groaned and held her arms out to steady herself. Her eyes, previously a light, topaz, were now a soulless, evil black, and the thirst seemed to threaten her very existence as she fought for control and the pain it brought, like a stabbing in her gut. She resisted the urge to growl and snarl, like a dumb beast, and was thoroughly grateful her companions were not bleeding. Or were they? Yuna. Yuna was bleeding, and she was so close. Too close. She snarled and shoved herself away. "Don't touch me!" she shouted, terrified of her almost uncontrollable thirst.
"It's okay," Yuna said, watching the wound heal by the second. "It's almost healed." Rhea looked away.
"No! No it's not I can't control It." she yelled and fled into the woods away from her friends, and away from all sanity.