Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ battle and hidden talent ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7

Yuna and Daven raced down the long dark tunnel towards the sound of the commotion. They saw the trap door hanging open and quickly clambered through it, and into the fight. The vampire lashed the whip at Yuna which she nimbly dodged, and round-house kicked the vampire in the face, smirking as a sickening crack rent the air. Rhea snarled and lunged at the werewolf, sinking elongated, razor sharp fangs into the lycan's spine. The vampire stood in a flash with an enraged hiss, and seized his whip and lashed out wildly. Rhea felt the familiar burning, biting pain as the poisoned whip tore lashes into her back. Instinctively her back arched and her head was wrenched upward, tearing the unfortunate lycan's spine out. Daven was not to be left out of the action, he lunged at he vampire from behind, tackling him with blade-sharp claws and pulling back, forcing him to drop the whip. Yuna spun around helplessly looking for some kind of weapon ' Where's a weapon? Anything, I have to find one. She thought desperately as the vampire managed to free itself from Daven and raced towards her. Out of nowhere a white scythe appeared in her hands. Rhea saw the scythe appear out of nowhere, she stared thoughtfully, until another roar from behind her alerted her to the presence of another lycan further down the tunnel. She wasted no time, turning and racing towards her next foe. Daven caught himself before he hit the wall as the vampire threw him and he let out an enraged cat-like hiss then leaped over the first lycan's corpse at the vampire. Yuna gave no quarter, and wasted no time, she sliced the vampire's head off and turned to follow Rhea, Daven following behind.
Rhea ran full out not paying attention to the floor, she barely kept herself from falling into a twenty foot deep spiked pit in the floor. She staggered backwards a few paces as two lycans roared at her from the other side, clearly hoping for a new meal. She shifted the scents of the tunnel, the only way out was past dumb and dumber. She paused, gagging distance, then leaped over the chasm, ducked under one lycan, and tripped him into the pit, the other lycan sank fangs into her already injured back. Half a second later he gasped and made an odd gurgling sound before falling back dead. Yuna ran blindly after Rhea, she didn't see the pit and fell towards the spikes, she caught herself just over the speared head of the lycan corpse, her feathery black wings flapping keeping her suspended above the spikes of death. Rhea gasped as she saw Yuna fall but sighed in relief as she caught herself. "You okay?" she asked, as Daven stood on the other side, judging the jump. He paused, then leaped gracefully over the pit. At least it would have been graceful if he had actually made it. Instead, he fell short and crashed into the wall almost sliding to his death if Rhea and Yuna hadn't caught him and hauled him up. "Nice jump." Rhea remarked sarcastically. Then turned to Yuna, "So where did you get the shiny new toy?" she asked, pointing to the bloodied scythe in Yuna's hand.
"Um... I don't know. First, I was just looking for a weapon and this came." she said, holding it up.
"Heh, that's weird, maybe it's just an instinctive power?" Rhea asked.
"I don't know, it just happened." Yuna shrugged.. "Well, we can worry about that later I guess." Rhea said, her head was spinning and she felt sick.
"Come on." she said and turned leading the way down the tunnel and turned left, clawing the camera she saw, then kept going. Yuna and Daven followed, they helped each other outside and into the shelter of the forest.