Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fang and Fur ❯ Battle prt1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6

Back at the cave entrance Yuna tossed and turned in what was turning out to be a not so comfortable sleep. She struggled to get to and stay asleep. Daven, sitting closer to the entrance, glanced at her worriedly. "Hey, you OK?" he asked.
"Oh, yeah, just restless I guess. It's the new blood in my system probably. Every thing is adjusting." Yuna explained, waving his concern away as she sat up, bowing to the inevitable, and realizing she would not get sleep at the moment.
"Oh, I see." Daven muttered. "So have you and Rhea really only known each other a day or two? I mean, you two just seem so close, it seems like it would be longer." Daven explained, blushing lightly.
"Yeah, why so interested? Hm?" Yuna asked, glancing at him suspiciously, the corner of her mouth tilting a little.
"I don't know, it's just, she seems a little familiar, but I can't think from where." Daven shrugged.
"Yeah, she said the same thing about you." Yuna said thoughtfully.
"Really? Did she say why?" Daven asked, looking up curiously. Yuna just shook her head,
"No, just said you seemed familiar." she said.
"Oh... I see." Daven said, sounding somewhat disappointed. "Who were her parents?" he asked. Yuna shrugged.
" I don't know. I don't know that much really, at least personally. We haven't talked about that stuff much. It's just kinda been, getting settled, getting used to each other." Yuna explained.
"Hm... I see." Daven said, then stiffened, listening as the sounds of a scuffle reached their sharply tuned ears. A sudden vicious snarl rent the air. A twisted grin spread strangely over Yuna's face, contorting its fine, porcelain, angelic features strangely.
"Looks like the fun has arrived." she said.
Rhea was slammed into the stone wall as soon as she was through the trapdoor; she slid down the slime covered walls. She staggered to her feet, already shifting into her lightly furred hybrid form. She was fully changed in a heartbeat. She let out a vicious snarl at the two looming figure in front of her. One was a seven foot tall black werewolf; the other was just under that range, and pale as the moon with raven black hair. A vampire, the vampire held a long, bloodied cat-o'-nine-tails. She snarled, remembering the pain that had caused her. It was going to be a fun bit of revenge.