Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Final Realm ❯ Demonic Uprisings ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three: Demonic Uprisings
Disclaimer: Every character, concept, setting, etc that is in this story was originally thought of by the authors Gerald and Merced Williams.
Author's Notes: Hey Everybody! I hope you're enjoying the series! I apologize for the lateness of this chapter, preparing for college has proven to be more time-consuming than I originally planned for it to be, so I uploaded two chapters this week. This should be the last of the set-backs for now so please continue to read and review!!
------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“Not one! Two! Two spiritual souls! What luck!”
(April and Chase shiver in fear)
(The demon gives a grim smile)
“That's right children. Fear. Fear because now you know…(rushes towards April and Chase on all fours and jumps into the air at them) That you will die!!!
(April gasps and screams)
Chase: (snaps out of it) April! (Gets in front of her with his hands outstretched) No!
(The demon comes closer to Chase in midair)
“AHH!”
Chase: (closes his eyes and prepares for pain) ngh!
(A metallic sound is heard)
Chase: … (Opens his eyes and looks up at a figure standing in front of him with a long broad sword)… (Gasps)
(The man with the sword blocks the demons sharp teeth with his blade and holds it there)
(The man speaks)
“You could… (struggles) be a little more careful…”
Chase: … (Blinks)
April: (slowly looks over Chases shoulder) …
Chase: (gasps and has a flashback of the same person that saved him four years ago) …you…
(April's eyes widen)
Chase: …w-who…are you?
(The man with the sword looks slowly back toward Chase)
Aneiras: My name is Aneiras…and I'm…your guardian angel.
Chase: (gasps) …
(Screen fades out)
Chapter 3: Introductions
(Aneiras struggles with his sword stuck in the demons mouth)
Chase: (gasps) what? (Eyes widen)
Aneiras: (turns back around and struggles with his sword) Do….not fear! (pushes the demon off his sword)
(the demon flies up into the air and lands on its back in a cloud of dust a couple of feet away)
Aneiras: (slowly turns back around with his head holding his broad sword on his back) …(looks at Chase) I'm not as strange as you look…(grins)
Chase: (sweatdrops) thanks.
April: (eyes widen) W-what are you?
Aneiras: (fully turns around and faces Chase and April) … (sighs) Must I repeat myself…?
(The demon gets back on its feet as the dust settles in circles around it)
“Ngh! Angelic bastard! I'll devour you!”
(The demon gets on all fours and rushes towards Aneiras)
April: (glances over Aneiras' shoulder and sees the approaching demon) Look out!
Aneiras: (slowly glances over his shoulder) hm?
(the demon roars and approaches to pounce on Aneiras' back)
(a blood sputtering sound is heard)
(camera shows the moon in the nighttime sky partially covered by an opaque cloud)
(Aneiras is seen with his sword stabbed in and out of the demons stomach while still facing Chase and April)
(The demon stands over Aneiras shivering a little)
Aneiras: It seems…that someone is trying to interrupt my cool introduction…
(the demon keeps shivering with the sword going through its stomach and out its back)
Aneiras: (slightly glances over his shoulder) what's wrong…? Aren't you hungry? You were so full of life a minute ago…
(April and Chase stare up at Aneiras)
Aneiras: (calmly closes his eyes) If you're really not going to back up what you say…then there is no use for you…
(The demons eyes widen)
“No! Wait!”
Aneiras: (pushes his sword deeper in the demon) Now go! Back into the fiery dimension from which you came! Internal damnation awaits you! (slashes his sword upward the rest of the demons body)
(The demon screeches)
“No!!!”
(The demons body splits in half from its stomach up and dissolves into ash on the ground)
(Chase and April's eyes widen)
Aneiras: (swiftly slides the sword back into its sheath) …Come…we have important matters to discuss… (opens his eyes) GYAAH!!
(April and Chase are gone)
(Aneiras sweatdrops and sighs)
(Chase holds April's hands as they run down the street)
April: Chase…what was that?
Chase: (looks back at April) I don't know but we've got to get you somewhere safe…C'mon April, I'm taking you home!
(April looks down and blushes)
(Chase and April stop running)
Chase: (pants and bends over) I-I think we lost him…
Aneiras: (stands behind Chase) Well…that was rude…
Chase: (quickly stands up, turns around, and points his finger at Aneiras) YOU!!
Aneiras: (smiles and waves hand) Hiya!
Chase: (keeps his finger pointed at Aneiras) Stop following me! You damn pest!!
Aneiras: Sorry I can't do that…I'm your gaur-
Chase: Oh you can't huh? (grins) (yells out loud) Hey Everybody! There's some weird guy stalking me with some huge sword!!
(people keep walking by Chase)
Aneiras: (waves his hands lightly in front of Chase) Chase, I wouldn't-
Chase: (steps in front of Aneiras) Hellooo! Doesn't anybody hear me!? (looks around and sees a police officer walking out of a store eating a donut) Hey! Hey you! (tugs the officer by the arm)
Police officer: Hey what do you think you're doing kid!?
Chase: (points at Aneiras with his other arm) you see him!? This guy won't stop stalking me!!
Aneiras: (smiles and waves at the officer) Hello. ^^
Police officer: …kid…I could arrest you for trying pull off something like this to a man of my authority, but I'm gonna let you slide. Now go and play your games with someone else!(jerks his arm away and walks off)
Chase: (sweatdrops and turns toward Aneiras glaring) What the heck is going on?
Aneiras: (smiles brightly and looks at Chase) I don't know…maybe they just can't see me. (laughs)
Chase: YOU DO KNOW!!!
(Aneiras continues laughing)
Chase: (points his finger at Aneiras) YOU JERK! I COULD'VE BEEN ARRESTED JUST NOW!!!
Aneiras: (keeps laughing) I tried to warn you!
(A girl walks up to Chase)
(The little girl turns to her mom)
Girl: Did you see that mommy? That boy is talking to himself.
(The little girls quickly picks up the girl and carries her away)
Mother: Stay away from him dear, he's crazy!
Chase: (screams after the girl's mother) I AM NOT CRAZY!!!
April: (tugs at Chase's shirt) Uh…Chase you may want to settle down a bit…
Chase: (looks over at April) huh? (Looks around to see two policemen looking at him and whispering into their radios) …Ah dammit…You've got them thinking that im some sort of lunatic!
Aneiras: I'm sorry but I cannot forsake my duties. We really must find a place to talk. This is of the upmost importance.
Chase: (turns and looks at Aneiras) fine. We'll talk after I walk April home, but until then stay quiet. I'm already dragging in enough attention as is.
Aneiras: (nods) as you wish.
Chapter 3 Part B
(Chase and April walk through the streets quietly)
(Chase approaches April's house)
Chase: (scratches head) so…this is it right?
April: (smiles and looks at Chase) Yeah… (blushes and looks into Chase's eyes) Thanks again…Chase...
Chase: (blushes and looks back into April's eyes) I-It's no problem…
(The cars pass down the street beside them)
April: (keeps looking into Chase's eyes)
Chase: (keeps looking into April's eyes) …
Aneiras: (appears out of nowhere from behind Chase looking up at the sky) Looks like it's going to rain.
(April and Chase suddenly gasps and looks down blushing)
(April has blue lines over her face)
April: Um… (starts turning away from Chase still looking at the ground) I'll see you later Chase.
Chase: (looks up after April) Oh! (Looks back down) um…okay…
April: (opens her door and looks back at Chase and Aneiras) Aneiras…?
Aneiras: (looks over at April) hm?
April: (smiles) thank you…for saving me.
Aneiras: (smiles brightly) No problem!
(Chase looks over a little at Aneiras and sweatdrops)
(April closes the door behind her)
(Scene changes to Chase and Aneiras walking down the street)
Chase: (sweatdrops and looks over at Aneiras) you just had to interrupt didn't you?
Aneiras: (keeps walking with his hands in his robe) …
Chase: (glares at Aneiras) Oh, so now you don't want to talk.
Aneiras: (keeps walking beside Chase) …
Chase: (sighs and looks back in front of him) … (keeps walking with his hands behind his head) so…you're an angel huh?
Aneiras:
Chase: (sighs and looks over at Aneiras) its okay, you can talk now.
Aneiras: …that is correct. I am an angel. And it is my assignment to protect you as well as other matters.
Chase: (looks away from Aneiras and keeps walking) …peh…That's ridiculous.
Aneiras: (looks over at Chase) hm? How's that?
Chase: I don't believe in angels. They're just as fictional as ghost or unicorns…
Aneiras:
Chase: They're just used in bedtime stories to read to little children when they're young. Or used to explain events that don't make sense. This whole world is full of it…In an effort explain things we don't understand we simply make up things just to make sense out of it, even if it doesn't explain things fully. And yet…the world is gullible enough to believe in such nonsense. How ridiculous…
Aneiras:
Chase: (keeps walking) the way I see it, I don't believe in anything I can't see. I'd rather not know then believe in some childish fantasy.
Aneiras: hm. (closes eyes) If that's the case…then why do you think you're able to see me?
Chase: heh. (Smirks) you're probably just a figment of my imagination. You'll go away sooner or later.
Aneiras: (keeps walking alongside Chase) …air…
Chase: (looks over at Aneiras) huh?
Aneiras: (keeps walking) No one can see air…yet it is just as real as you and April. You both need it to survive. If something unseen can be realized than why is it so hard to believe in me?
Chase: heh… (Grins and keeps walking) like I said. You're probably just a figment of my imagination. I could be just going crazy for all I know.
Aneiras: (grins and slightly looks over at Chase) well it seems to me that your quicker to admit insanity than to admit that the angel you're holding a physical conversation with is real. So tell me…who is the bigger fool? You or the world?
Chase: (looks away and keeps walking) heh. Whatever…
(Chase and Aneiras walk quietly for awhile)
Chase: you're here to protect me…
Aneiras: (looks over at Chase) hm?
Chase: earlier…you said you came to protect me. Protect me from what?
Aneiras: (looks back in front of him) …Demons.
Chase: … (looks at Aneiras) Demons?
Aneiras: (closes his eyes and keeps walking) fallen angels. Those who live only to devour the souls of others…(looks over at Chase) They are able to sense spiritual energies of others and devour them to stay alive…You have a significant amount of spiritual energy…the demons won't rest until you are dead…
(Chase gasps)
Aneiras: …and even then they will go on searching…searching to devour some helpless souls just to stay alive in this world. (looks back in front of him) It's a good thing I got to you on time.
Chase: (looks over at Aneiras) … (looks back in front of him) Stupid!!
Aneiras: Call it what you like, but I only speak of the truth.
Chase: Shut up! I've already heard enough of this! (keeps walking)
Aneiras: (looks down and sighs) …Chase…(keeps walking)
(Scene changes to Chase lying with his back on his bed)
Chase: (puts his arm behind his head and looks up at the ceiling) ………..(gets up and cuts on the light) (looks over at Aneiras sitting across the room) Ya' know it's a little hard to sleep when you've got a ghost haunting you.
Aneiras: Angel.
Chase: Yeah whatever. (sits back on the edge of his bed) So then tell me….just what is your real reason here?
Aneiras: …Are you ready to listen…?
Chase: (nods) …yeah.
Aneiras: (sits with his legs crossed with his back to the wall and closes his eyes) Very well then…(puts his arms into the sleeved of his robe) There are 4 Realms…The first being the Realm of Heaven, where I am from; The second being the Realm of Earth, the Realm under which you live in.
Chase: And the third?
(Screen shows a demon jumping from rooftop to rooftop while Aneiras continues talking)
Aneiras: The third is the realm from where the demons come from. The Demonic Realm. A long time ago that realm used to be sealed until it was open again.
Chase: And let me guess…the demons won't stop coming through to our Realm until we seal the Demonic Realm again right?
Aneiras: Precisely…but your world, your Realm isn't the only one in danger…
(The demon looks into an apartment window and sees April turning off the light in her room and lying down in her bed to get ready for sleep)
(The demon growls as its eyes glow bright red)
Chase: Then what else is there? What else could be in danger?
(Scene changes to Chase sitting on the edge of his bed and Aneiras with his back to the wall in Chase's room)
Aneiras: The 4th realm or “Final Realm” as we call it…is called Nexus.
Chase: (wide eyed) N-Nexus…?
Aneiras: A world much like this one…The Nexus Realm is a combination of the Realms. A place where the natural melts away and the supernatural is revealed.
Chase: Supernatural…?
Aneiras: (closes eyes) It's hard to understand unless you've actually been there…which is why I am here.
Chase: (looks at Aneiras) huh?
Aneiras: The being responsible for opening the seal of the Demonic Realm has already begun to conquer the Final Realm or Nexus. (opens his eyes as they meet with Chase's) You have been chosen to save it.
Chase: (stutters) M-Me?
(Scene changes to April shivering in her sleep while Aneiras talks)
Aneiras: You have been chosen to save both worlds.
Chase: What!?
(Scene changes back to Chase standing up and yelling at Aneiras)
Chase: N-no way! There's no way that I'm just gonna leave everyone and everything that means something to m-
Aneiras: You have to! You haven't got a choice!
Chase: (looks down) ngh…
Aneiras: If the Nexus Realm is overthrown then your Realm will surely be next in line…If you really care about everyone like you say you do then you will do as I say!
(Scene changes to April surrounded by darkness)
April: (faint eyes) W-where am I?
(Suddenly April's shadow grows from under her feet and spans across the floor)
April: (looks down) is that…? My shadow…?
(Suddenly a clawed hand reaches out of the shadow and grabs April by the neck)
April: Augh!
(Scene changes to Chase instantly gasping)
(Chase's eyes widen)
Aneiras: (looks up at Chase) you sense it don't you…? Your friend April is in trouble.
Chase: Ngh!
Aneiras:
Chase: Then what are we doing here!? Let's go! We have to save her! (opens his window and begins to climb out)
Aneiras: wait…
Chase: (looks back at Aneiras) what!?
Aneiras: You need to understand…demons are nothing to play around with…that guy you saw being attacked in the alley earlier…your spiritual energy only makes it easier for a demon to find you…if a demon does find you…(looks at Chase seriously) you could be killed…
Chase: (looks down for a moment and grins) heh. I don't care! (turns and begins to climb out of the window) (thinks) April! I will save you!
(Scene shows April opening her eyes)
(April gasps)
(Hovering above April is a demon with small horns drooling over her with rows of tiny sharp teeth)
April: (shivers wildly) I-I can't move! (stares into the demons' red eyes in fear)
(The demons' eyes glow)
April: (shivers more) (thinks) It's as if…the energy is being sucked out of me! I-I can't even scream!
(Scene changes to Chase running out in the nighttime street in his pajamas)
Chase: (thinks) hang on April! I'm coming!
To be continued!
------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Next time: Chase quickly runs after April! But a mysterious stranger appears! Who is this stranger and what does this stranger want with April!? Even more important, will Chase and April choose to side with the new resolution? Or will they ignore the cause?