Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ GAMCANAUGH ❯ FIRST CHAPTER ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

            Cam snaked his way through the throng of people grinding on the dance floor. The flashing lights synced in time with the bass that reverberated throughout the club as the smell of booze, sweat and sex permeated the air. He made his way up to the bar and ordered a drink, flashing the cute blonde bartender a charming smile that resulted in him getting his drink for free – and her phone number. She winked and then turned her attention to the next bar patron. Smiling wickedly to himself, Cam wrestled with the idea of having a bit of fun with her but decided against, making a mental note for later. Spinning around on the bar stool he leaned against the counter and scanned the mass of bodies, carefully analyzing each and every delectable figure that lay before him. From an outside perspective, he appeared to embody the stereotypical virile that used night clubs as their sexual hunting grounds. While this observation was partly correct, Cam knew… he was no ordinary hunter. He swirled the amber liquid in his glass absentmindedly as young woman approached him. She wore a gold sequenced dress that complimented the curves of her body and black stilettos. Her flaming red hair rippled with blues and purples from the neon lights above. Smiling seductively she sat on the stool next to him.

“Slim pickings tonight?” She asked, plucking the drink from his hands and taking a sip from the cool glass. Giving her a sideways glance he chuckled and then turned his attention back to the crowded dance floor.

"Far from it, actually. The bartender is friendly enough. But I'm in the mood for something more... challenging." He purred and then took his drink back from her and downed it. She gave a mischievous grin and leaned into to him.

"What about her?" She asked and nodded over his shoulder. He turned to see which specimen had caught her attention. Across the bar sat a plain looking young woman. Surprised, Cam turned back to the golden effigy next to him.

“Her?” He asked and pointed for confirmation. She nodded slowly and licked the inside of her lower lip, staring past him with glittering eyes. There was a hunger in them that made him shiver. Elsyie had been his best friend and hunting partner for centuries; and he knew that her ability to spot the perfect mark was second to none; so it wasn’t often that he doubted her judgement. Setting his empty glass on the counter Cam stood and, without looking back, glided over to the young woman. He took the seat next to her and ordered another drink; the bartender eyed him with a secret smile. He took the glass and sipped the bitter liquid slowly as he privately analyzed the woman next to him. Now that he was able to get a closer look he realized that she was, in fact, quite beautiful. Though her hair was cut short, it was neatly trimmed and the black blouse and pants she donned complimented her figure nicely. Her makeup was lightly done but emphasized her natural beauty nonetheless. She fiddled with the glass in her hand absently, a stony expression on her face. Cam recognized that the reddish liquid in her glass wasn’t alcohol but rather, cranberry juice. Interesting, he thought. He shifted his weight on the stool and inhaled, closing his eyes and taking in her scent. Elsyie may have been gifted with the ability to sense the perfect mark but Cam – his gift enabled him to see into the soul of a person. He could take on the form of that which one desired most and then lure you into a state of ecstasy before going in for the kill. He held his breath as the familiar tingling sensation ran over his body, waiting for his mind to be filled with her inmost thoughts.

 

 

Unlike Elsyie’s eyes, which were a bright emerald, this young woman’s were a deep blue that swirled with hues of lavender and olive. Cam felt as if was if he was staring directly into the sea of his home country, and it stirred feelings in him that he hadn’t felt in a while – certainly not from a mortal. Cam was