Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Hear Me Calling ❯ The Curse ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
The Lady Bug in the Darkness
 
I got the idea for this story when I was texting my friend, Taylor. I was telling her how I was once a ladybug and it actually turned into something. This is a story about how a young princess was cursed before she was born and is now trying to break the spell. This story is dedicated to you, Taylor.
 
Chapter 1: The Curse
 
“So, is it going to be a boy or a girl?” asked a plump, giddy woman. “Hopefully it's a girl. A boy would be a little to much of a challenge.” Answered a pregnant woman in the middle of a circle of her friends. “Oh Diana, you were never the one to take up a challenge. Always to afraid of what would happen” Diana looked at her friend unsure of how to respond. Then she smiled politely and said, “Well anything can happen with a girl. Do you remember when we were younger?” The group of women giggled as they remembered their childhood. “I just can't wait until she,” Someone cut her off, “Or he” “Or he is born. It takes a lot of strength to carry this load. Do you know what I mean?” Several women nodded while others shook their heads. “Oh well” Diana smiled and they continued their little party. A few days later, Diana was sitting in the garden, talking to her unborn child. She was not aware that someone was watching her, a witch to be exact. “Well Diana, you stole my true love from me, your living my happy life, and now your having the child that should be mine. The happiness stops here.” Said the witch quietly. She said a short spell and Diana started to doze off. The witch waited until she was sure the queen was asleep to come out of hiding. “I would kill you, but I want you to suffer. I want you to suffer like I did all these years.” While she was talking, a ladybug landed on Diana's stomach. The witch smirked and said,” Now that's a good idea.” She said another spell and laughed manically. She finally left as she started to choke. About an hour later, the king started to get worried. He had not seen his wife all day. He looked around the castle until one of the house cleaners told him she was in the garden. He went into the garden and saw his wife, asleep on the ground. He rushed over to her. He shook her softly until she awoke. She looked at him with sleepy eyes and said, “What want you, hm.” “You fell asleep in the garden. I was worried.” “I did. I don't remember falling asleep.” “Well just come on back to the castle.” With that, they left the garden. 3 months later, it was time. Diana was screaming and her husband was outside of the room, biting his fingernails. “It's okay Diana. Just breathe and push.” It took a while before one of the nurses finally said,” I can see the head! C'mon Diana! The child is almost here.” After a few extra minutes, her work was done. She had given birth to her first child, and probably her last. “It's a girl.” “Let me see my baby.” Demanded Diana, tears in her eyes. They handed over the child and her smile instantly turned into a frown. “What's wrong with her?” asked Diana in an anxious voice. No one answered her. She repeated herself. “What's wrong with my daughter?” She was yelling now. “We don't know.” Her daughter looked like any other baby girl; except for the fact, her skin was hot pink. The same nurse that was giving her advice earlier was now saying, “It doesn't matter what color her skin is. She is still your daughter. What are you going to name her?” She knew the nurse was right. She looked out of the window at the full moon. She looked back at the people crowded around her. Finally, she answered, “Her name will be, Artemis.” Artemis lived a normal life, or as normal as life could be for a pink princess. Her hair turned out to be bright red and had black streaks. Her skin darkened to more of a red color too. She was such a polite young woman. So lady-like in fact, by age 10, she turned into a ladybug. Her mother cried for days. The workers of the kingdom finally figured out that it was the work of dark magic. The princess figured out from all the fairytales she read that she read that she needed a kiss from a prince to be human again. She was right. Over the years, she figured out that she could transform between ladybug and ladybug looking girl. Year after year, she searched for a prince, but was always rejected because of her appearance. The truth is, if you looked past all the red, the black spots that covered her body, and the wings, she was gorgeous. The witch, Evelyn, took over the kingdom and was new queen. After that, the princess gave up hope of finding a prince, that is until she found out about the witches son.
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Plan to update soon. Please read and review.