Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Her ❯ Her ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Her
 
The room was not very big, about the size of a small apartment. The walls were a pale green color with blood stains here and there, indicating that there was a struggle. A round table sat in the middle of the room, not too big it was just a small round wooden coffee table with a blue broken vase in the middle. Shards with blood littered the table and the floor as water flowed around the shards and trickling off toward where her naked lifeless body lay.
Flashing lights brought her back to reality. She glared at the two men taking crime scene photographs, who quickly left the area so she could investigate. Walking over to the body she knelt down moving a piece of the girl's blond hair looking into her blank brown eyes, taking in the three scents that surrounded the dead girl.
Her partner walked up to her in his black suit with a tan overcoat as she rose in a similar suit as her partner only it was a low V-neck. She fixed her dark red hair and pushed her sunglasses up showing her hazel eyes with cat slits.
“So, human or non?” The man said drawing her attention from the scene. He was not very tall, around 5'5” with green eyes and black hair, she always had a hard time keeping her eyes on his face because of his build meaning that he worked out a lot, course she tried to ignore him altogether but sometimes that never worked.
“The murder is human as is she, but the third scent isn't.” She said walking to where the scent was the strongest, which was not surprisingly the girl's bedroom. Her room was dark even with the light on; it was a crimson red with posters of rock bands covered the walls and ceiling. “We have her name yet?”
“Yeah, it's Ariel George. 25 years old, single.” Her partner said heading back to the crime scene so forensics could see the room, she followed.
“I've established that part already.” She said in annoyance at her partner, who tried to shy away as an apology, at least until someone decided to enter the room.
“Detectives, the M.E. would like to examine the body,” the boy said, he wasn't more that seventeen years old working part-time at the station. He was sweet and kind, he tried not to get in the way in a crime scene, keyword being tried.
“Thank you, we'll be right out,” she said moving to the door her partner being left in her invisible dust.
“Anna, wait,” her partner called running out the door trying to catch up to her. Yes, Anna was her name, Anna Spayne. “I forgot to ask,” her partner said gasping for air as she turned to him trying not to stare at him, “what was the third scent?”
“No need to concern yourself with the scent, just inform the girls' parents that their daughter was died.” Anna told him in her cold fashion leaving the man as she walked to her black Ford Escort with the intention of hunting down Ariel's lover and murder.
Anna drive to a house where the scent was being emitted, it was very small house, smaller that the others that were in the immediate area, the white paint on the panels was chipping away, the porch boards were crumbling in on themselves. Walking up to the door she knocked and reached for her badge as a man opened the door. He was tall, bald and his scent was covered with Ariel George's. He stood there, half naked and with the most unusual eyes Anna had ever scene. “Who are you?” He asked through the screen door.
“Detective Anna Spayne with the Phoenix PD.” Anna said showing her badge.
“Look, I haven't done anything, my neighbors are all jerk-offs.” The man said opening the screen door pointing to all the houses that lined the rest on the neighborhood. “They just want this eyesore gone.”
“I don't care about your neighbors. Were you at Ariel George's apartment this morning?”
“What's it to you?” He said trying to severely dodge Anna's question and she could tell he didn't was to answer out of fear for his life.
“She's dead,” Anna said as sadness came over her like a giant wave, he moved away from the doorway and let her in. Inside was just as bad as the exterior, maybe worse; garbage and clothes littered the floor, the kitchen was crowded with dirty dishes both in the sink and the counter as well as clothes hanging from a line from one end to the other. He led her to the living room which was better than the kitchen and the hallways.
“What happened to her?” He asked trying to desperately to keep the tears hidden, which wasn't working very well.
“So you know Ariel?” Anna said wanting an answer before she answered his.
“Yes, I knew Ariel; we'd been seeing each other for a few months. Now answer my question detective.” The man said in a demanding voice as Anna shot him an undetectable glare like she was trying to get into his very soul.
“She was beaten in the head, which is something we call `blunt force trauma'.” Anna said as she continued to examine the boy's reaction to the new of his lover, which obviously ruled him out as a suspect in her book considering how much he cried while she was interviewing him.
Once back at the station she started piecing together what she had learned so far that was until her captain called her in. The captain trusted Anna and her partner, but mostly Anna to solve a lot of the cases they got mostly because of Anna's preternatural abilities. Anna's captain was short, not midget short as many people tend to believe but she was short, her blond hair was truly blond but she wasn't in any sense of the term `ditzy'.
“So what do we know of the boyfriend?” Captain asked looking over to Anna, who was rolling her eyes.
“He didn't do it.”
“How do you know?” Her partner asked making Anna snarl at him for further explaination.
“I don't think, in the seven years that I've worked here, have I ever seen a man cry that much.” Anna said pointing out her superiority.
“So, what else?” Captain asked trying to breakup the impending argument.
“He didn't know much about Ariel so if she and any ex-boyfriends we wouldn't know.” Anna said as the captain's desk phone rang. “Yeah. . .ok.”
“Who was that?”
“The M.E., she said we need to get down there now.” Anna said as she walked out. Her partner just stood there looking from the door to his captain and back to the door again, and he soon followed after her.
“Why don't you ever follow orders?” He asked in the car.
“Because, orders are pointless if you're going to do the task anyway.” Anna said as they pulled into the garage at the city morgue. The discussion at the morgue was somewhat brief, Ariel had been shot before having the vase broken over her head. The shot came from a distance but no windows were broken meaning it came from inside, and the vase was broken post mortem, this took Anna by surprise she would have smelled the gunpowder; who ever shot this girl obviously knew that Anna wasn't human and his the gunpowder scent. Anna's phone rang breaking her trance and the science, she knew it was her captain even without looking at the caller id. “Hello. . .we're on our way.” She said closing the phone and heading out to her car, her partner close behind.
“Why the hell are you so cold, Anna?” Her partner asked closing the door as Anna drove off.
“Because, the world is cold.” Anna said bluntly as she pulled the car over. “Get out.”
“What?”
“I said `get out,' go back to the station and tell the captain to get new a new partner, I prefer to work alone!” She shouted as he got out onto the sidewalk and watched her speed off in her little black car.
She soon made it to the crime scene walking up to the house, she saw what had happened. One of the forensic scientists handed her a not that obviously had suicide written all over it, and the not was addressed to her. It read:
HELLO ANNA,
IF YOU'RE READING THIS IT MEANS THAT YOU HAVE FOUND MY LOVELY BODY, IF YOU WANT THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE EXPLOSION THERE'S A TAPE ADDRESSED TO YOU IN YOUR MAIL SLOT. I KNOW YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING INTO ARIEL GEORGE'S MURDER AND I BET YOU'RE WONDERING HOW I KNOW ABOUT THAT, IT'S QUITE SIMPLE REALLY I'M THE ONE WHO KILLED HER. I KNOW YOU'RE CURSING AT ME NOW, BECAUSE OF MY BRILLIANCE AND HOW I FOUND A WAY TO MESS WITH YOUR SENSES. BUT HERE'S THE REASON I KILLED LITTLE ARIEL. SHE BROKE MY HEART, MUCH LIKE YOU DID ANNA (BUT I COULD NEVER BRING MYSELF TO KILL YOU.) LIKE YOU SHE SAID I WAS TOO CONTROLING AND DEMANDING, AND MAYBE I AM. OH WELL, SINCE THIS IS A CONFESSION YOU KNOW WHY I'VE HUNG MYSELF, YES, SWEET ANNA I'VE YET AGAIN ESCAPED THE JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THIS TIME I'M ACTUALLY DEAD. I'LL SAVE YOU'RE PLACE IN HELL MY ANNA, UNTIL THEN MY DEAR.
SPENCER
“Spencer. . .” Anna sighed looking over to the man hanging by a rope in the middle of the room. Spencer Reagan, Anna's former partner and lover of seven years, was supposed dead in a rival gang shoot out (which he was involved in) that resulted in the explosion of a gas station. He grew in the past year, he must have been around six foot now, and his brown hair was longer than it was before. “You idiot.”
That was all she said before she turned around and walked out the door. I won't be in hell anytime soon and once I am you'll wish you never wrote this letter. Anna thought as she drove back to her flat to watch Spencer's tape, if there was a tape. Spencer did in fact send a tape that had snips of their seven years together, which made her cry a little, not because of her past, but because of Ariel, what Spencer did to her, for her family and the fact that her murder got away by suicide.
 
*END*