Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Can't Forget You ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I Can't Forget You
 
He stared down at the town from his high mountain perch. The wind whipped around him, tugging at his tied black hair, making some fly into his emerald eyes. Unfriendly winds that shouted harsh words. The iciness of the wind dove into his heart, planting shards there. Yet when he looked down at the object in his hands, warmth and pain overwhelmed the shards of ice.
 
She sat high in a tree, her wind caressing and gently toying, trying to sooth the ice that had become frozen in her heart. She watched as the same wind played with the leaves and flew across the water. Not even that could bring a true smile to her face. Her winds toyed with her untamed brown curls, blowing it in and out of her amber/hazel eyes. Every time she looked down to the object in her hands, the ice in her heart would twist, causing pain to rush through her.
 
He brought the object closer to his face, smelling it's faint sent of roses and spring that still clung stubbornly, refusing to give up it's prize. A faint smile, filled with heartbreak and sorrow, ghosted across his lips. He closed his hand over the object, holding it closer to his tattered heart, as a tear slipped past his barriers. The wind picked up speed; reveling in it's triumph trying to gain more of the precious tears from him.
 
She let the tears flow freely as she stared at the object in her hands. She had no pride here. No one around for miles, she didn't care if the wind saw her. She brought it up to her face, gently nuzzling it, allowing her tears to bathe it. The wind became upset. No longer did it try to console her out of her sorrow; now it tried to yell at her to get her angry. Anything but the tears that flowed down her face.
 
He glared at the wind: his invisible adversary. He clasped the armband back on, running a finger over the roses carved into the gold. He stood and shouted back to the wind as it screamed in his face. The wind swallowed his shout of sorrow greedily. His scream of pain, terror and sadness was eaten by the wind as if it were a delicate treat set in front of starving children.
 
She slipped the necklace back on. Many adorned her neck, but the rose carved from silver was by far her most treasured. A mournful cry, almost a keening sound, slipped past her lips. The wind swallowed it, trying to ease her heart. It swirled around her, gently caressing her back, hair, face and skin. It tried to stop the other cries that now tore away from her soul.
 
They were lost. They had lost each other. Neither knew the other was alive. Neither knew the other still existed. The roses carved into or from metal were the last they had of each other. Neither thought they would see the other again. Yet neither could forget the other.
 
I can't forget you.