Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ I Think I've fallen ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]





That first year that they met the were the best of friends. Him and Her. Always together. IN the beginning his feeling weren’t just friendly towards the girl. They were much stronger. He told the girl how he felt, but she didn’t feel the same. Her only interest was to remain friends with the boy.

So throughout that year, they remained friends. Nothing changed. They told each other all their fears, and all their little crushes. There was nothing at all in the world that they kept secret from each other.

Soon that school year had to come to an end. And a sad end it was.

All summer long all the girl could think about was the past year with that boy. She was so used to seeing him every school day, so the sudden change in not seeing him wasn't to her liking.

All she talked about to her friends that lived near her was the boy that she went to school with, and everything they had done together during the school year. It was like she could go on and on about her stories about her and the boy!

Finally, the new school year crept upon the girl. She went to bed every night thinking that she would be able to finally see her best friend again.

On the night before the new school day, a thought occurred to the young girl.

`What if we hardly see each other this year?'

No, that wouldn’t happen. Would it? The girl continued to ponder the question. `What if we drift apart?'

That just wouldn’t happen. Not to them. They were too close for that to happen. Nothing could break them.

So off the girl went to school on that first day. And she didn’t see the boy in sight. He wasn’t in any of her classes either. ` This cant be happening! ‘The girl thought.

Everyday she would look for the boy in the halls, but she just couldn’t find him. She asked a few of her friends if they had seen him at all but they never did. It was a shame because now the girl didn’t think she could have another good year without the boy.

One day, there was an assembly and she needed to go to the school's auditorium. She sat down calmly next to one of her friends and went deep into thought about her best friend. Where was he? Its had been about a week since school started and she still hadn’t seen him. She was taken out of her thoughts when she felt a boy sit next to her.

"Hi," the boy said smiling at her.

More than a million thoughts went through her mind as she stared at the boy next to her. She suddenly had what felt like butterflies in her stomach. It was him! It was really him! `But...Why am I feeling like this?...He's never made me feel like this before.' The girl thought to herself. `I've just missed him a lot is all'

"HI!" the girl finally said, once she was out of the shock she was in.

On and on the talked, catching up on what they lost, not even paying attention to the assembly that was taking place. One comment that the boy made, however, took the girl out of her happy mood.

“We don’t see each other anymore" the boy said, looking at her with a slight frown on his face.

This was true. How were they ever going to talk like they always used to? It probably would never be the same. They would end up making new friends, and sharing their secrets with them instead of each other.

When the bell rung, it was time for them depart. Though the girl didn’t want to leave, she knew she had to. The couple said their goodbyes, and went their separate ways.

One day the girl decided to show up early at school. Who should creep up behind her but the boy! Those same butterflies that she had felt before were back again. `What is going on with me?' Ignoring the way she was feeling, she turned her attention to the boy. And the girl next to him?

"This is my friend," he had said. At that moment, she didn’t care who `his friend was', she just wanted talk and catch up with her best friend like they would do after a long while not seeing each other. And so they did. They started to get into a long discussion about what was currently going on with there lives until the bell for them to get to class sounded.

A couple times the girl saw the boy in the hallways, but not very often. When ever she saw him she would get the same strange feeling in her stomach. The only words that she would exchange with the boy were short hellos and goodbyes, for wanting to make the feeling whenever she saw him go away.

"you like him." one of the girls friends had said one day, when the girl had decided to share the way she was feeling every time she saw her best friend

"No I don’t! He's my best friend!' The girl replied. "What ever you say" her friend had said and walked away. Leaving the girl as puzzled as ever. Did she really fall for her best friend? No, she couldn’t have. That just isn’t possible.

As the days went on, the less she saw of her friend. A few times when she saw him in the hallways of the school, she would have the urge to call out to him but kept from doing so because he was always with another girl. She couldn’t help but feel a tad bit jealous. `Something is seriously going on with me.' Then it finally hit her and realization kicked in. `I do like him'. What was she to do? She was way to shy to tell him of his feeling so she just kept them bottled up. She had no choice.

Their relationship had not changed for the better, and the girl did not want to make it even worse than it already was by confessing her new found feelings for the boy. No. She would not tell him. She would just go on, day by day with her feeling being more than just friendly for him, and them, being barely the best friends that they used to be. For some reason, the girl's heart pained at the thought. And that girl...is me.