Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Len's Journey ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Life is something truly interesting. When you think about it, life can be almost like a journey. You meet new people, friends come and go, you lose family members and all the changes overtime will cause you pain and you will give anything to go back to a time where everything seemed so much easier.

That's pretty much the story of my life. As things kept changing I kept wanting the times back that seemed so much more happy to me, or at least, That's what my mind wanted me to think.

My name is Len Leon, I'm I young man in my mid twenties and I live in an old house all by myself, a house where so many good times were held, and it was a house that once had all my family accompanying me, over a decade ago.

I was always rather a moody little kid who looked on the negative side of things and who never looked much at the positives. My life seemed like such a nightmare, with all my older sister and brother put me through.

My father also seemed to always see me as a failure and saw my older brother as more of a success as he got better grades at school and he worked more then I did.

There's so much I could tell about what went on in my life, as I sit in my old bedroom of my family's old house that holds so many memories. I guess I should start out with my parents. My mother was a depressed women who never could get dates as she was young and didn't have many friends.

My father was more popular then my mother and he had a better life, he also had more girlfriends and more people hung out with him. It was always a mystery my father went with my mother and they ended up together.

It was manly because my mother was such an unlikable person and I always heard she was a bully as a kid.

I didn't think my mother was that mean because she was cold hearted, I think it could have been her horrible school life and how hateful her family was to her.

When my father and mother met in their early twenties, they moved into the house where I currently live today, it was planned to be their house where they would get married, which they eventually did.

My mother hated children and didn't want to have any kids because of what she went through when taking babysitting jobs when she was younger. The children she babysat were very bad children to point where she went as far to say it was the worst experience of her life.

My dad however had a better experience with taking care of children as he took care of his younger siblings allot so he was excited for having children.

My father and mother had been together for about three years and they were not married yet, they were together talking in their bedroom one night and my father told my mother about how lonely it was getting in the house and how he would love to have children with her.

It caused a big fight between my parents, but my mother finally gave in, and decided to give it a try to raise kids as thought it could help her depression and give her a change of heart.

In the next four years my parents had their children, the first child was my brother Lennon and the second was my sister Lila. The third child was me and by the time I was born my parents already had their hands full, both with working and taking care of me and my siblings.

My father was allot better at taking care of us then my mother. My mother did try to be carrying towards us when we were little, but she just was not good at parenting. She would even scream at us when she had a bad day at work or was just in a bad mood.

Me and my siblings were often scared of my mother when we were younger and we were allot closer to my dad.

As a few years went by, I was now in elementary school and I was a kid who was treated like a punching bag at my school. I was seen as dorky and I wasn't so smart. Coming home from school was not much better then being at school.

My mother was usually busy or inattentive and our dad was also busy every day. When my parents were occupied or out of the house, they entrusted me and my siblings to a babysitter.

I remember the first time my babysitter came over. She was so pretty and kind. Her name was Jennifer. She was a skinny girl with long blonde hair and I remember when she first came at our door, I got butterflies in my stomach because she was so pretty I had a feeling I didn't experience before and that feeling was my first crush.

When she first came over to babysit us I was a little nervous, stepping back, but she then held my hand with a smile and told me how adorable I was. After seeing how kind she was I was no longer nervous around her.

Jennifer babysat us for the next few years. With all I was going through as a little kid, seeing her always cheered me up. Out of me and my two siblings Jennifer liked me the best, because I was very quiet and polite compared to my brother and sister

My sister and brother knew I had a big crush on Jennifer, so they teased me allot and mentioned it in front of her which usually would humiliate me in front of her. She already kind of knew I liked her through.

I was closer to Jennifer more then I was with my two siblings. I remember we would always sit together on the couch and she would make me feel better if I had a bad day at school, or if my brother was making me feel horrible.

I remember we used to play boardgames and card games together. She was the best babysitter I could have asked for. As I grew a little older, I wasn't as nervous to admit my crush on her. I remember one Valentine's day when I was seven years old I made her a card at my school.

Kids would make fun of me and ask me who I was making the card for because no girls at the school were interested in me. When I told them I was with a girl over ten years older than me that sure gave them a surprise

Ah, such an innocent age. That was the the time of life when I actually thought an older girl would be interested in me. I would eventually realize that was not even a possibility though.

I gave Jennifer the card I made her for Valentine's day, and it didn't go as well as I hoped. She looked at the card and was silent for a few minutes which got me a little nervous. I felt like I really messed up.

She then set the card down on the coffee table and began to explain to me the heartbreaking trough. She told me that she did really like looking out after me, but I needed to realize that she was far too old for me and there was no way we could be together.

I was heartbroken. I felt rejected, shot down, and crushed. The girl who was always so kind to me through those past two years was now breaking my heart, but I don't think she wanted to hurt me on purpose. She just felt now that I was getting older it was time for me to hear the truth.

I also got other bad news from her that sad night. Now my brother and sister were nearly old enough to look out for me by themselves, so she told me my parents were letting her go soon. She also was going to college soon, so she couldn't babysit us.

She then patted me on the head and picked up my Valentine's day card off of the table and headed towards the door and as she was talking to my parents before she left, she waved to me goodbye with a sad face.

I was nearly in tears. The babysitter I really liked who was also the girl I had a crush on for the past few years I was possibly never going to see again. If I thought things were gonna get no more frustrating for me that night, my brother being the bully older sibling as he was then started teasing me about me getting shot down by Jennifer.

My sister Lila was also laughing very hard at me. I was too embarrassed and upset to fight them back, so I just walked up to my room and shut the door. I then took all the drawings, poems and love notes I had over the years about Jennifer and put them in a box and hid them in my closet and locked the door, completely wanting to forget my crush on her.

Things would soon get worse, now that my babysitter was gone my parents decided to put my sister in charge of me and my brother, because for some reason my parents thought that she was more mature then my older brother, but I didn't see much of a difference.

When my sister was soon in charge when our parents went out, it was a nightmare. I remember she would sometimes invite her female friends over and me and my brother got so annoyed with them gossiping about boys they liked and other stuff that was too girly for us.

I would often hide in my bedroom scared when she would bring one of her friends over, but I would sometimes overhear the stuff they were saying about me in the next room. Her friends would say I was so weird and a nerd and that they would never go for a boy like me if I was their age.

What hurt me worse was that my own sister who I thought at that time wouldn't had said stuff about me behind my back, often laughed and agreed with them. To be honest, I hated my sister more so then my brother, because she didn't like being one girl and growing up with two brothers, so while I was somewhat slightly close to Lennon from time to time, but me and Lila never saw eye to eye or had any sibling connection.

The only times Lila would spend time with me it was only to cause me some kind of pain or humiliation. I remember sometimes they would trick me into coming into my sister's bedroom at times so they could give me a makeover and take pictures and laugh.