Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Pain ❯ Birthday ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Chapter 1

It was in the 1800's when the vampire town, Shone, was being overthrown by the slayers. The vampires did the best they could to fight off the slayers and when they thought they had won, the slayers send in reinforcements. These reinforcements were witches, and usually one or two half-vampires that chose the slayers over the vampires and thus, the town Shone was won to the slayers. However, vampires still refused to leave their town completely and this forced the slayers to seperate the town into two halves, Shini-Shone, the slayer half, and Shina-Shone, the vampire half. Some humans and most witches lived under the protection of the slayers in Shini-Shone and, most humans and few witches lived under the protection of the vampires in Shina-Shone. It was unknown why half the human population in Shone wanted to be with the vampires and to prevent anything from happening, the slayers made laws for their human population, and in response, the vampires made laws for their human population. There was no law against a vampire and slayer relationships until the vampire Elena feel in love with the slayer Ora and once it was found out, they were both condemned to death. This one relationship created a law that forbid any future relationships between vampires and slayers and made past laws even stricter than before.

2009


A young boy walked down the streets of Shina-Shone, he had brown hair, red eyes, and a mature face. Today was his 17th birthday and the day the laws became a frequent part of his life and, due to the fact he was part human, he had to follow the Slayer's Laws. He walked up the steps that led a house with lit windows and opened the door, there, on the table, laid heaps of papers. He picked them up and started to read them:

"Slayer Law
-A human, witch and slayer cannot get involved with a vampire, if they fail to follow this simple rule, they will have the following consequences:
-Murder and; -Stake through the heart
-A dhampire, until they reach their mothers age, is considered a 'potential vampire' and has the right to life because they are part human until they have a vampire lover.
-Slayers cannot, at any time, fall in love with a vampire or a dhampire. Slayers can, however, fall in love with a human, witch or another slayer.
-If you are found out to have a past relationship with a vampire, we will let you off if, and only if, you are no longer with that vampire."

The boy sighed, and read the next set of papers:

"Vampire Law
-Dhampires, under vampiric law, have the right to life with no consideration. They are welcomed with open arms because they are part vampire and do not know their life style well enough.
-A vampire and dhampire can have a relationship with a witch or a human; relationships with a dhampire is acceptable, but only if the dhampire is not a child of the vampire, has no relation to the dhampire, and if the dhampire is of age. Relationships with a slayer, however, is unfortunately forbidden.
-If you are found to have a relationship with a slayer, you will be locked up in a cell for 10 days, with no human or animal blood, no coffins and in direct sunlight."

The boy placed the papers back unto the table and sat down. Now that he was 17, and a recognized civilian of Shini-Shone and Shina-Shone, he wondered what his life had instore for him. A small child with red curly hair and blue eyes ran down the steps of the stairs, happily saying, "Happy Birthday, Alex!" Alex saw the child and in response, smiled at her. Her name was Mimi, after being abandoned by her parents, she was taken in by Damien, his father. Mimi was an extremely intutive child, which was a common trait among child of witches, but any powers she had were still dormat within her. "Thank you, Mimi" he said gently to the child. Alex had always wondered why his father would've taken in a child such as Mimi but, over the years, he realized that her enthusiasm and presence were the very reasons.

"Yes. Happy Birthday, Alex." said a calm, cool voice. Alex glanced over to the living room and saw a 26 year old man, who had brown hair such as his and hazel eyes. His father. Alex had lived with his father since he was born, and even if he was close to this man, there were still a few things they had trouble agreeing to. "Though, I still wish Faith could see you tonight." Alex looked down at the ground, and Damien laughed, "I'm not trying to make you feel bad. It wasn't anyone's fault, she just couldn't handle the birth. Don't feel bad on a might like this." Mimi nodded, "Yes, yes! Alex shouldn't be upset on his special day!" He chuckled in response, "All right, you win. I'll be happy." Though not tomorrow, he thought. Tomorrow is going to be something different.

---
And this is the end of chapter one! I decided to rewrite the original story, Love and Pain, so here is the rewrite! So, if you are going to review, be nice, be rough, be whatever. It'll work either way.