Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ MagDA ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In one of the few naturally beautiful places left in Japan, a young girl in a tattered sailor fuku outfit skipped around in a flowery meadow. Hinata stopped for a moment and bent down to pick a pretty white flower with a tinge of pink on the edges of the petals. Little did she know that behind her lurked what would seem to be a great danger.

Elwen dropped down from a tree branch and landed behind her. Elwen's black hair was cut very short and spiked. The bottom half of her face was covered by a sheer black mask. Her silver eyes were cold and emotionless. She held two seis, one in her right hand, one in her left hand. Her breath was nigh silent as she held one of her paper blades to the small girl's back. Her voice came out cold and dark. "Don't move and I will make your death painless," her threatening voice said.

The hair stood up on the back of Hinata's neck as she felt the cold breath against her neck. Her heart rate jumped as the cold voice reached her ears and the paper thin blade was pressed against her back. How could this happen to her? She was just a kid. She nodded fearfully, not wanting pain.

Elwen's partner remained a few feet behind her but watched intently as Elwen began to push the blade against the small child's back. Suddenly Elwen stopped and her silvery grey eyes flashed and then remained blue and she fell to her knees dropping her blade. He came up behind her* "Do it El," he ordered darkly. "Do it now." Elwen shook her head. "I-I can't do it," she whispered.

She suddenly felt the harsh pain of a blade being jerked across the back of her neck. Elwen collapsed and her partner disappeared before Hinata knew what he had done. Hinata turned and saw Elwen laying on the ground in pain. She walked over to the masked woman and kneeled down beside her. "Hey mister," she said in her child like voice. "Hey mister are you okie dokie?"

Elwen groaned in pain. "Hinata," her weak voice said. "Get me to Kyozu-sama in Osaka. Please." Hinata nodded and got out a large blanket, awkwardly dragging Elwen onto it and pulling Elwen behind her as she walked toward the former city of Osaka....

Hinata quietly pulled Elwen with the help of her little scottie dog. The little puppy was dark grey and had shaggy fur, with happy eyes. Elwen groaned in pain every so often and the puppy would whimper seeming to be sympathetic. After walking for a couple hours Hinata looked up to see the delapidated remains of Osaka. Hinata held her nose due to the stench of rotting and burning. "Hinata come all this way for a city of ruins," Hinata muttered.
Elwen's weak voice came once more," Head east and turn left at the first side street. Keep goingdown that street till you find Kyozu's Fun Time Happiness Sushi and Hibachi Place." Hinata nodded. "Hai hai mister!" The small girl continued pulling Elwen down the street.

Hinata stopped before an old looking restaurant with the faded lettering in both Basic and Japanese printed on the old picture window. It said, "Kyozu's Fun Time Happines Sushi & Hibach Plac." Some of letters had completely faded leaving blank spots on the dusty old glass. Hinata turned her head and said, "mister friend, we are here!" Elwen looked up and very shakily stood and stumbled into the restaurant and called out weakly, "d-daddy, daddy are you here?"

Kyozu was sitting upstairs working with his alchemy experimentation equipment when he heard the weak calls of a young girl. He stood, recognizing the voice. He set aside his experimenting equipment and ran down the steps and into the restaurant part of the building. He saw Elwen and ran and caught her as she collapsed. He looked her over and noticed the blood on the back of her neck. "Oh Erru-chan," he said caringly. "What happened to you?"
Elwen quickly explained what happened and Mr. Kyozu sighed. "I'm so sorry Erru-chan," he said. Elwen smiled at his pet name for her. "Papa," she said softly. "Hai Erru-chan?" "Can you heal me?" she asked weakly. He nodded seeing her pain and picked her up, carrying her upstairs.

Hinata quietly followed them. When they got up stairs she saw an old but kept apartment. She saw something colorful through the door to one room and quietly went to investigate. Mr. Kyozu didn't really care. He was paying more attention to tending to Elwen's wounds. He went over to a cabinet in the kitchen and got out a vile of purple liquid. He brought itr over to Elwen. She struggled to open it until Mr. Kyozu helped her open it then held it to her mouth. "There you go, that should help your wounds to stop bleeding." She drank it down quickly.
She smiled it tasted fruity. "It's fruity," she mused. Mr. Kyozu chuckled. "Yes it doesn't taste like feet like it used to does Ra- I mean Erru-chan," he said. "I finally worked out the problems with the taste." El smiled. "Yeah," she said softly with a remembering look in her eyes. "Remember when I was almost killed by hunters and you had to use this stuff?" Mr. Kyozu nodded with a smile.

Elwen suddenly felt a slight tingle in her arms and legs. She sighed. "Daddy," she said. "Can you get me a knife?" He nodded and got up. He brought a small but sharp old kitchen knife. She took it a made a slit up her arm and, ignoring the pain, reached into the cut and pulled out a vein like wire.
"What are you doing?!" a younger voiced exclaimed from Mr. Kyozu's mouth as a the semin tangible being of a young man pulled himself from Mr. Kyozu's body. He completely materialized and went to Elwen's side. "Elwen! What are you doing?!?" The young man asked in worry, his long dark hair flipping into his eyes.
Elwen looked up into his green eyes. "I'm removing MagDA trackers from my body," she said quietly. She did the same thing to her other arm and both legs.

Hinata skipped in and fainted at the sight of El's bloodied limbs. The young man sighed and Mr. Kyozu knelt beside El. He spoke something under his breath and all of El's injuries were healed.
El turned to The young green eyed man and hugged him. "I missed you Masoru-kun!" she exclaimed. Masoru smiled and hugged back. "I misses you too Elwen."