Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ My will ❯ Chapter 1 the curse ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One: The Curse


The air was warm, and the breeze was cool. I just wanted to fall a sleep. Next to me was Chris my very best friend. We where studying Wicca together it was difficult and there are so many rules that we had to follow. Since where I live there aren’t many sister Wiccan’s so we had to teach ourselves in the ways of Wicca. One of my powers is premonition; I have gotten a lot of scary visions that I don’t even want to see. My mom always said that what I have is a blessing and a curse at the same time. Boy was she right, I mean yeah it is nice to things before they happen, but sometimes you see things that you know there is nothing you can do, and it just isn’t fair. For Chris’s power she can talk to ghosts, I can do the same but not as strong as Chris. She scares me sometimes. When she sleeps over at my house she says that she hears them, then she gets scared herself.

Since I couldn’t fall asleep, we decided to walk down to the bike path, which it leads to Pets Park. We like going there because there is so much room and it is so big that there are spots to where you can practice your craft without getting bothered by any one. We finally reached our favorite spot; it is deep inside the forest hidden in some brushes next to a river, where we can just relax. As we started to open our circle, Chris starts to get a strange feeling,

“Maybe we should just wait a little longer before we finish, I have a strange feeling that we are being followed.”

I turned to look around to see if there is anyone hiding in the brushes. I didn’t see anyone, so I tried to sense where he or she could be hiding. I posed for a moment relaxed my body, and asked the spirit of the forest if there was anybody near us. A few moments had pass and I finally got an answer. I turned and pointed,

“ There, the culprit is right over there! Lets get it!”



Chris turns and starts to run after them, I ran after her. We finally had the culprit cornered between the river and some trees. He was wearing a black unbuttoned shirt showing off his white wife beater, black loosed jeans, and tennis shoes. He didn’t look like he was from here, more like Asian. Chris grabs him by the collar and pins him up to the tree,

“ Why are you spying on us!?”

He looks down at Chris and starts laughing, and then looks down at Chris and then me. Chris looked like she was going to hurt him because he wasn’t saying anything. The guy started to calm down and explained why he was spying on us.


“ You’re in danger, on the night of the Full Moon something bad will happen.”

“ You’re starting to piss me off!”

Chris said as she had her arm in the air like she was going to punch him. I quickly grabbed her arm trying to stop the violence. She looks back at me, I shake my head as if to say no.

“No, Chris stop, this isn’t the way to go.”

Chris put’s her arm down and lets the guy go. He falls to the ground with a thud, then gets back up and brushes himself off as if he had spilled something. Chris backed up a little bit giving the guy room to breath but still keeps her eyes on him.

“ I am sorry for scaring you but I had no other choice I needed to find you.”

The guy said as he found a log to sit on. I walked up next to him and found another log and sat down. Chris was still a little pissed off but she slowly calmed down and stood there since there was no room on the log for her. The sun had just started to set when he explained everything to us.

“ First of all my name is Toshi, it is very nice to meet you.” He said with a little bow.

“ Oh, I am sorry, My name is Sam and this is Chris, Sorry if we scared you back there but it isn’t everyday that someone spies on us.”

I exclaimed with my arm extended to shake his hand, I guess he hardly shakes anyone’s hand for he paused, then looked at it before he realized what I was doing. After we shook hands, he looked so sad, I didn’t want him to get in trouble by explaining to us why he has come here to warn us, but I had a strong feeling deep inside me that I needed to know what this was all about. I then looked at Chris for a second before I smiled.

“Hey Chris, get me my book of shadows for a minute.” I said

She looked at me puzzled then gave me my Book Of Shadows. I then turned and look at Toshi, gave him the look to let him know everything will be all right. I held up the book of shadows and exclaimed to him that we could handle anything that comes our way for we had been through more danger then anything, mostly because of me. I chuckled because it was true and that it was kind of funny and kind of sad.

Toshi started to explain, who had put a curse on us and why. He looked very relieved to tell us. But I didn’t understand who would have this kind of grudge against us. But then it came to me, sometime last summer, I solved an unsolved murder case with my powers, and I had put this guy away for a long time but I knew that it wasn’t him because he wasn’t a witch. Toshi mentioned that maybe someone back in Japan could help us figure out why we are in danger. He also told us that he thinks that the princess of the underground has something to do with this. I took the information in. I couldn’t believe that there was someone out there who wanted to hurt us. I looked at Toshi.

“ If you want to get to the bottom of this, you should come with me back to Japan.” Toshi exclaimed, as he got up and started to walk away.

Chris and I looked at each other. We both nodded and we ran after him. We wanted to know why he was actually helping us and should we go with him. For all we know it could be a trap. He didn’t say anything, then turned around and said.

“I’ll be waiting for you if you change your mind, you can meet me in front of the Zoo on the corner of Main and goold at 10:30 PM, for now bye.”

He then started to walk away, Chris and I where speechless, I wanted to ask him something but before I could there was a strong gust of wind and he vanished. Chris and I had a lot to think about like what is going to happen if we do go, or if we stayed, how big was this curse and why us?

We went back to Chris’s house to think. I was lying on her bed with my head hanging off the side, and Chris was on the floor. The moment was quiet and it was kind of scary, if you where to drop a pin on the floor you could hear it since her parents were at her grandparents for the day.

“ What do you think we should do Sam?”

Chris asked as she was reading a book of spells. I wanted to think a little more but something kept telling me to go and find this being. I looked at Chris and gave her a big smile and thumbs up.

“ We should go, I mean I have always wanted to go to Japan and maybe we can get some souvenirs and find out our true power.”

I chuckled and then I got up and jumped off her bed. I regretted that because I banged my head on her ceiling for it was low and I forgot about it. Chris started to laugh so hard that she couldn’t breathe for a while. After she calmed down, she turned grabbed a bag and said.

“ Ok, it is settled then we should go. Its gonna be fun to go to Japan.”

The time was 9:30 P.M. and Chris was almost finished packing her bag. Since I was there for a visit I didn’t have much to pack. We finally finished packing Chris had left a note to her family that her and I where going on a long trip. The time was 10:20 P.M. just enough time to get to the Ronda view. Chris lived not even a block away from the zoo, so we could take our time. When we reached to point there was Toshi, it was like he knew we where going to go. Chris looked back one last time before we nodded to Toshi. We followed him down the road to a path that leads to Lake Michigan. There we found a clearing I was kind of afraid but I needed to do this. A thought kept coming across my mind, will I ever come back to this place or will Japan be my deathbed? I shook my head as if to clear it.
Toshi turned and looked at us both, told us to stand in a semi circle with our hands linked.

“ Now I need both of you to clear your minds, try not to think about anything, pretend that you are floating. So close your eyes.”

As we did that I could feel a whole lot of energy just rushing through my body. It is hard to explain but it felt so good. I didn’t want to lose this feeling, I wondered if Chris felt the same. When we reach our maximum level of energy Toshi started chanting.

“ I call upon the powers
Of the Mother Goddess of Fire
Take us to the place that we desire.”

Just as he said that the wind picked up and started to spin around us like a tornado, I could feel my feet leaving the ground. I wanted to open my eyes but I didn’t want to ruin the spell. Toshi told us to keep chanting that spell three more times. As we did that I got so dizzy that I almost passed out but I wanted to keep going. When we finish our spell I opened my eyes and noticed that my surroundings was not the same I mean we where in front of the radio tower in Tokyo Japan. Just then I got so dizzy that I blacked out and all I heard was Chris’s voice.

“ OH NO, SAM ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?”


I blacked out everything was dark . . . .