Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ My will ❯ Chapter 2 the search ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two: The Search


When I came to I noticed that I was in a room and Chris was sitting next to me a sleep. I looked around then tried to get up, but I lost my balance and fell into a lamp. Chris woke up to see what that loud thump was.

“Oh Sam your up are you alright?” She asked as she helped me up and back to the bed.
I didn’t want to lie down. I wanted to get up and find out what the hell was going on. But Chris pushed me back into the bed.

“Sam you need to rest,” She said as she went to get a rag for my forehead.

Toshi chose that time to come in to the room and tell me to rest and that he and Chris will go looking for clues. I nodded, then I went back to sleep. Chris and Toshi started their search while I slept. I woke up later that evening to find them back. They looked exhausted. Chris comes to me and checks my head. She smiles. I try to sit up on the bed since I was starting to hurt in my lower back.

“So any luck?” I asked as I sat up.

“No luck. No one has even heard of the ‘princess of the underground’ but we did hear rumors that some one can help us with our search. All we have to go is go to this one store on the edge of town and say the secret word and he will help us.” Said Toshi

“Really? It’s that easy? Nah there must be some catch to this. So when do you want to go?” I ask

“Well we wanted to wait till you got better Sam. So that we could have more help and use your magic to help us find him. I don’t have enough experience like you. You can tell if someone is lying. So it will take a couple of days for you to get well.” Said Chris

“I don’t think we have a couple of days. Toshi, where are we anyways?” I asked

“We are at my house. Don’t worry I put protective spells up so no one will come and hurt us. You are right; the full moon is in a couple of weeks. We need you to be better fast. So I made some of my special potion that is supposed to help you get better. So drink up and rest. Chris and I will stand guard.” Said Toshi

I nodded and drank the potion. I started to feel drowsy. I fell instantly to sleep. Chris and Toshi went out to watch.

As I slept, I had nightmares about Chris being sexually tourchired by our captors. I worked up with a cold sweat. Chris came in and gave me a hug. I started to cry. She just rubbed my back and I feel back asleep. As Chris was sitting there watching me, she heard me say in my sleep,

“ No stay away from Chris, she is my friend, you can’t have her.”

Just a few minutes later Chris heard Toshi call out to here, for her to come into the living room. When she did Toshi was sitting there in his favorite chair. Chris walked up to the couch and sat down. It was quiet for a moment but then Chris spoke,

“ So what do we do now?”

Toshi turns and looks at her, they exchanged looks for a minute before
Toshi gets up and hands her a book on our enemy. “Read this.” He said as he went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. Chris starts reading the book; she was shocked to see what she was reading.

“This . . . this can’t be for real, can it?”

Toshi sat down right next to her and puts his hand in her lap; he gave her another item it looked like a tigers eye. He said to keep it for protection.
Chris took to tigers eye and puts it on. They exchanged looks one more time before they heard a clump coming from the room where I was sleeping.

Chris and Toshi went to investigate. When they got close they saw stuff flying around breaking when they got inside the room they noticed a white ghostly form hovering above me, they didn’t relies it was trying to give me its power. Chris went to go and scare it away, but I quickly retaliated and threw he across the room. Toshi quickly ran to her to see if she was all right and to protect her from the flying dibre. The ghostly figure didn’t pay any attention towards them it just focused all of it’d energy on me.

“What, what is that?”

Chris exclaimed as she tried to stand up but the force from the ghostly figure kept her down. Toshi looks up at it and gazes for a moment he was quite. Then his eyes got big.

“ I, I don’t believe this . . .”

He exclaimed trying to not get hit by the flying stuff in the room, he then looked at Sam who is lying in the bed looked like she was in pain. Chris looks at him grabs his arm and asks,

“ What is it, why aren’t you saying anything, can’t you see that she is in pain!”

He quickly looks at Chris and back at the ghostly figure in awe.

“ No, this being is not evil, nor it is good, it has chosen your friend to carry out its work to beat the Princess of the Underground, what it is doing is transferring its power to her.”

Chris looks at Sam and hopes that she is ok. After the being was finished it turned and looked at us held out its hand over Sam’s head and said in a sweet voice.

“ Please protect her, this child is important to us all, she is the light and if she dies then it is the end of the world and the Princess of the Underground will have won, she will not stop at nothing, I ask of this with a gift, if you accept then you are her protectors, if you don’t accept then your minds will be erased and you will forget everything that just happened up until now.”

Toshi stood up walked towards to the ghostly figure, he bent down on one knee and bowed.

“ I will protect her with my life I will not leave her side.”

The being extended its hand a toughed Toshi’s head. Then a globe of energy traveled from its arm to Toshi then looked at me. I paused for a moment took a deep breath and then went next to Toshi on one knee and bowed.

“ I am Sam’s friend I will protect her and never let her get hurt I will be there for when she needs me the most.”

The being then extended its other hand and touched my head, and a globe transferred from its body to mine.

“ I now bless you both with some of my power to help the chosen one defeat this enemy, I give you Toshi the elemental power earth, use it at your advantage, and Chris I give you the elemental power of wind.”

At that time the whole room filled up with a flash of light and wind, Toshi and I looked up at the being that was looking at Sam. I stood up and walked towards the being to get a good look. Toshi just stood there. Just then Sam started to wake up, the ghostly figure started to slowly disappear.

“ Now go forth and find the fourth person to help you on your quest then call me, I will show up again to tell you what you must do.”

Toshi walked up to the being before it disappeared and had asked.

“How will we know who will be the fourth person and how will we know where to look?”

The being waved its hand and a jewel appeared on our necks, it was a rainbow moonstone.

“It will help you find the fourth person, when it starts to pulse then you know you have found him or her.”

The being said before it vanished all we could see was an outline of the figure. Before the being completely vanished Chris yelled out.

“Wait how do we call you!”

“Put your trust into the chosen one, she will know what to do.”

By the time Sam finally woke up the figure had completely disappeared. Toshi sat right next to her and gave her more of his potion she then fell back to sleep. I needed to get out of the room it was just too much for me to take. I couldn’t believe that we have to save the world. I just got up and walked out to the living room. I just couldn’t believe that we were not only to defeat the princess of the underground, but we had to save the world. I didn’t notice Toshi until I saw his feet. I looked up.

“How’s Sam?” I ask

“She fell asleep again. I guess the power the being gave her will take a while to get used to her. So how are you Chris?”

“I’m fine. Just trying to take it all in.”

“Yea so is I. We got a lot on our plate now don’t we?” He asks

“Yea. I wonder if we will ever go home after this? Or if there will be a home to go to when all is said and done.” I said

Toshi walks behind me and wraps his arms around me. I look down at the carpet. He just stays there. He gets close to my ear and says.

“We will be fine and there will be a home for you and Sam to go home to. Believe in yourself. I trust you and Sam. Do you trust me?”

“At first I didn’t, but now I trust you. I do believe in myself. Just not enough that I will survive this.” I said

“Don’t worry, nothing will happen to you…or Sam.” Toshi said.
Toshi gets up from hugging me. He walks to his room. I stay in the living room thinking about what he said. I was nervous about this up coming battle that I decided to do a chant to calm my nerves. I took three deep breaths and I closed my eyes and said:

“Goddess Mother hear my prayer
Keep my friends and me safely in your care

Watch over us throughout this day.”

I then went into the spare bedroom and lied down on the bed thinking about what Toshi said before falling asleep.