Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ New Attitude ❯ New Attitude ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Original Work is copyrighted by Tiffany K. All rights reserved.
 
His eyes tired, he emptied his thoughts of pain and looked out the window, seeing that it was the night of the lunar eclipse. He sighed, he ran his fingers through his hair.
 
`Am I ever going to sleep?' he thought.
 
He swung his legs around and got out of his bed and walked through a door, the hallway and down the stairs, ignoring his dark surroundings. He reached the foyer and unlocked the door, he exited his house and watched the eclipse, leaning against his door frame, his entry way open. He didn't mind the fact that he was letting in bugs on this warm evening, all he cared was to lull himself into sleep.
 
His mind went back to his thoughts and wondered if the wounds of his heart would heal. He hated this lonely house, this silence.
 
He knew in his heart that happy times would still come and that he had to accept his past as past. His mind knew that he could never reject what made him. Refocusing his eyes on the moon, he saw that it was almost covered.
 
He stood there as he waited for the shadow cover the moon, his mind empty of thoughts as he focused on the moon. Time passed and the moon was covered, he slowly went back into the house and closed and locked the door, pausing briefly to notice a picture of his family. He saw his sons, his daughter and his wife and smiled softly, feeling more tired.
 
Images of a car accident filled his mind and the sounds of screams and crunching metal filled his ears. Sighing, he lumbered into the kitchen, helping himself to a glass of water and sat down at the kitchen table, drinking in the dark.
 
`I want to be with them again' he thought, sipping his water, `Is that so hard to wish for?'
 
Taking a large sip of his water and suddenly had the urge to drink. He shook his head, slamming his glass of water down.
 
`No, I swore to myself to never drink again.'
 
He shuddered at the reason why his family ended up in the accident. Muttering softly, he buried his face onto the table with his arms. The accident had been a year and half ago, yet, the wound felt so fresh.
 
`It's no good for you to be so hard on yourself and remain stuck in the past. Remember… accept your past and move on, but don't forget it or reject it…' he told himself.
 
His face remained buried, he cried himself to sleep at the table.
 
The next morning, he found himself still at the table, his body not moving an inch and his body screamed. He stood up and stretched and after got himself something to eat, he went back upstairs to get dressed. He exited his house and locked his door then turned around, setting his jaw to set out to be a changed man in his life, for the better.