Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ New World: Frontlines ❯ Through Iron and Steel Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Davis was a valiant soldier in his own regards. Serving in both Stermridge and Filt and being one of the first at Morr. He was a first class G2E9 Steel Heart Exospine pilot who never fell in battle. He was assigned to a rapid response task force to investigate the recent MFP chemical attacks on the resource rich Rozer. It was a routine mission, a routine mission, over, over, over in his head. He was nervous, only a little more till home a little more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Davis, hey, snap out of it, pod drops in five”

I couldn’t get it out of my head, I was scared.

“Hey birthday boy better leave that mojo paranoid voodoo on the bay”

“Prepare for launch, 10, 9, 8...Clear to go”

Landings were always rough. You’d think with some of the new age means to kill the enemy they could invent a way to make sure the legs to carry the soldiers there work. It was nothing though, just shock, we were just launch some odd numbers of miles from a Warstriker orbiting Rozer.

Why were we here, valid question I would have to say. Nothing much just the usual routine scouting party. It’s not odd when a resource rich class 5 ecosystem that supported over a billion inhabitants just suddenly stopped breathing. Or breathed too much. We’re being sent straight into a planet that’s been laced with poison.

Maybe that’s why we’re the lucky first. Five Explorer Rapid Marine Squads, Eight Stormer Hell bringer parties, Three Deadshakers, and us, one lonely Exospine, all 14 of us.

We were sent in to clear the land, take the blant, of course we could we were fast, heavily armored, and well armed. We could take anything. Just about anything.

But you know it’s useless to wonder why we’re here because, we’re here. I said aloud with some quirk response of the eyes. See, I couldn’t worry anymore, we were in hostile territory. Behind enemy lines and upon my recent discovery, we’re 20 miles off the targeted zone. Again wonders what modern technology can do. We can reach the outer limits of the decaying universal expanding white area yet, we can’t aim.

Oh the humanity, that’s a funny word. Either way I’m headed off, all signs vital, weapons ready, I’m ready to fight for my empire. At least, that’s what it says on my display screen.