Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Paper plane ❯ Paper plane ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“What'cha making?”
 
He doesn't jump when she speaks, though it took quite a lot to stay still. She never says anything to him besides `Any mail today?' He was sure she didn't know his name; after all he didn't know hers. She leaned over the front desk to get a better view.
 
“Origami?”
 
He holds up the paper airplane and she nods appreciatively. “That's a good one.” And she should know. She's an engineering student. Or was it physics?
 
He turns to the mailbox, and when he swings his chair back around she is staring at the airplane in quiet contemplation. “How did you get that tail?” she murmurs, more to herself than anyone else.
 
“It would probably help if you took it apart. You'd figure it out pretty quick.” He blinks at her look of utter indignation.
 
“You don't just go touching people's stuff!” Her chin drops down on her knuckles and the yellow plane again dominates her attention. “Especially not if they actually made it.” She shifts her head to get a better view. “Oh right!” The moment vanishes and she peels herself off the mahogany desk. “Any mai-“
 
He hands her the stack of letters. “Thanks!” She grins and saunters off on the last mail-run of the day.
 
 
 
As he leaves, he drops a yellow paper plane on her desk. Somehow he is not surprised to find two on his desk in the morning.