Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Porcelain ❯ Porcelain ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Porcelain
 
 
The moon brightly shone through the crystal clear window, lighting up my dark room with a dark glow, my face shining pale, paler than it would have been normally. My ebony hair cascaded down my back, spreading out before me in waves as I sat on the floor of this so cold room. My hands, pale as they may be, traced the face of a beautiful, elegant, porcelain doll. Its fake golden hair, so mush like my own, waved down its body. Its clothes were dark, an exact replica of my own dress, with laces all up the front and attaching to my neck, the gown spreading out all around me. My lips parted as I stared into the coal colored glass eyes, staring right back into my dull sapphire eyes.
 
“Hi, miss Alice…” I whispered to the doll. “What dreams do you have? Are you able to dream? Do you wish to dream?” Still, the doll did not answer.
 
I sighed as I put the doll gently into my lap and glancing to look out the window. A full moon, how beautiful it is. I looked back to the doll.
 
“How lucky you are, if you cannot dream, cannot feel, yet I pity you so Miss Alice, for you cannot love another, only one can love you, as I do and forever will.” No answer. She never answered. “So frigid Miss Alice, but do not worry, I am still here.”
 
Slowly, a crystal driblet fell from my eye and slid down my cheek. I slowly raised my arm and touched the driblet. I brought it to my face and examined it. I was crying? A low chuckle escaped my throat, sounding forced.
 
“See Miss Alice; see what he has made of me? Papa…if only he would allow me outside, I would be happy with just that, for I haven't been out in all my ten years of being on this planet, but I am a burden.” She looked at the doll sadly. “I am so very happy papa has brought you to be with me, for I would be forever lonely with ought you” Her expression become emotionless. “This is why, Miss Alice, that you would understand why I must do this...” A pained expression crossed my face as I quickly picked up the doll and smashed her against the floor beneath me. Tears slide down my cheeks one by one now.
 
“How sorry I am, dear friend, but we shall be together, lets not worry…Miss Alice.” A crazy smile spread over my face as I picked up a piece of the broken porcelain. More tears fell from my eyes.
 
“Let us be together, forever, Miss Alice,” I looked down towards my arm. “I shall no longer be a burden….” And with that, I slashed the porcelain on my fair skin, many times. The crimson colored blood stained my dress, and the floor. I felt dizzy and my body fell limply to the ground. The last thing I saw was the broken face of my one dear friend, Miss Alice…