Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Punk Run ❯ Volume Three, Chapter Ten: Paint Monster ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Paint Monster

Victims: Sakura, Angela, and T.J.

-Soot-

I'm feeling artistic today. Let's have some fun with paint!

-He laughs-

Who is up first?

Tenshi Sakura.

-He licks his lips-

Yeah. She's cute and naïve. So much fun to mess with. I almost feel bad for all of the paint bombs I placed around the supply closet.

Nah, I don't. Sit back and watch the fun.

-On the Ground-

The morning shift began at the hospital. Sakura walked in, ready to work.

“Good morning,” she said to the receptionist. The woman behind the desk looked up and smiled.

“Good morning, Sakura-san,” she said. The nurse began to walk down the hall.

“Oh, Sakura-san,” the receptionist said. The nurse looked over her shoulder.

“Hm?” she asked.

“One of the doctors needs something out of the supply closet,” the receptionist said.

“Supply closet?” Sakura asked.

“Yes,” the older woman said.

“Okay,” the nurse said. She headed down the hall. The nurse made it to the supply closet. She opened the door.

Bang!

Sakura screamed as a series of firecracker sounds filled the hall. Everyone in the lobby looked up. The nurse fell down, panting.

“What happened?” a doctor asked. Sakura turned her head, wide-eyed.

“What the hell?” he asked. The supply closet was covered in paint. Sakura looked at the inside. Above on the high wall read, “You got Punk Ran!”

Mission: Successful

-Soot-

Beautiful, man! Just fucking beautiful! Who's up next? Ah, yes.

Angela Brown.

What's better than paint bombs? Fucking paint cannon.

-He breaks out laughing-

Roll it!

-On the Ground-

Angela was working on her project in the art room.

“I'm heading out now,” the art club president said.

“Okay,” Angela said. The president bowed and walked out of the room. The dark-skinned girl was buried into her work.

Cut. Cut. Cut. Cut.

Pop!

Angela whipped around. “What?”

Pop! Pop! Pop!

Splotches of red hit the window. They grew louder and harder as they hit the glass.

Pop! Pop! Pop!

Crash!

Broken glass started flying. Angle ran out, screaming. She made it to the hall when she heard laughter. The girl looked up to see Soot grinning at her.

“Got ya!” he shouted. “You got Punk Ran!”

Mission: Successful

-Soot-

Whew! That was awesome! Who's the next tonight?

T.J. Velasquez

-He clenched his teeth-

Oh buddy… My own boss. He doesn't take much for me as it is.

-He takes a deep breath-

Begin…

-On the Ground-

T.J. stared at a shiny white bench. There was no sign. The Spanish man frowned.

“Is this wet paint?” he asked. “It sure looks like it.” T.J. turned and walked off. But then, he froze. The door looked a bright blue. Shining too.

“Oh no,” he said. “You won't get me with this. Nope! I won't fall for it! No sir!” T.J. turned around to go the opposite. He spotted Soot standing down the hall, smirking. His boss put his hands on his hips.

“Okay,” T.J. said. “What did you do?”

“Nothing,” his intern said. T.J. frowned.

“This is a joke, right?” he asked.

“Nope,” Soot said. “Gotcha!” He flashed a huge grin with his V-sign.

Mission: Successful

-Soot-

That's all folks. See ya!

Episode: Nine