Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Punk Run ❯ Volume Three, Chapter Nine: The ATM ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The ATM

Victims: Art, Tomie, and Sarah

-Soot-

You know, I don't get why people try to rob them. Not take tons of money out of them either. Some motherfuckers try to steal the whole machine.

-He shakes his head-

I don't get it either. That's just too much work that isn't needed. Why can't they do something more practical with it? You know, like playing pranks.

-He grins-

We are just the people for the job. Who do we have on tap?

Art Boney.

Decent man. He looks so bored at times. Does he ever smile? Looks like we'll have to change that. Here we go!

-On the Ground-

Art walked up to an ATM. He put in his card into the machine. The man put in the numbers and… nothing.

“Huh?” he asked. Art hit another button. Nothing happened.

“What the…?!” he asked. Art hit more buttons. Nothing happened. He circled the machine. A chord unplugged lay on the ground.

“Ah,” he said. “No wonder it's not working.” Art reached over for the chord.

“Boo!” Soot yelled as he jumped out of the plastic machine. Art jumped backwards.

“Gah!” he yelled. Soot threw back his head and laughed.

“Got it!” he said. “You got punk ran!”

Mission: Success

-Soot-

Ha-ha-ha! That was beautiful. Who's up next?

Honda Tomie.

She's new to the academy. She's cute and still getting to know everyone. She hasn't met me yet.

-He snickers-

I will soon change that.

-On the Ground-

Tomie walked up to the plastic ATM. She put in her card. She put in the numbers and… nothing happened.

“Huh?” Tomie asked. She pushed more buttons. Nothing happened.

“What the heck?” Tomie asked. She walked around the machine and spotted the unplugged chord.

“Why is this unplugged?” she asked. Tomie reached for the chord.

“Boo!” Soot yelled as he jumped out of the plastic machine. Tomie fell back, screaming. Soot grinned as he rubbed his nose with his thumb.

“Got you,” he said. “You got punk ran!”

Mission: Success

-Soot-

Better than I had expected. Let's go for the trifecta, shall we? Who's up next?

Komastsu Sarah.

Yikes! She won't be easy to prank. Nothing gets past Sarah. She would a probably figure it out right away.

-He puffs up his cheeks and breathes-

Let's see how this plays out.

-On the Ground-

Sarah walked up to the ATM. She looked around for a minute. She walked up to the machine and put in the card. She punched in the numbers. Nothing happened. She frowned and folded her arms across her chest.

“Okay, Soot!” she shouted. “I know you're there! Come out and give me back my card!” Sarah kicked the side of the machine. Soot stood up and groaned.

“Damn it, how did you know?” he asked. Sarah only shook her head.

Mission: Failed

-Soot-

-He shrugs-

Knew that it would fail. Anyway, that's all folks.

Episode: Eight