Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Reaper ❯ The Reapers second strike ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:
Reapers second strike…
 
6 years later…
No one else from Dennisvale primary school died after the 3 that did. The causes of their deaths were never found but the investigation of the school was lifted. July was now 18 years old, he was still at the top of his classes, every day he'd have girls ogling him and trying to get his attention. He was a quiet person who kept to himself mostly. usually during class he'd finish his work early, during these times he would write down names of people, it was coming towards the end of the year and he had a lot more time on his hands now, every name on his list were going to be killed. He had trained with Jamerson and developed his reaper skills quickly his training ended when Jamerson met with his demise fighting a creature. The reapers had left July alone after that, he was given his scroll of names and would attend to that every night, but the names he was writing down now were not on the reaper list. These were names of people within the community that he believed to be tainted and today was the day he put the taint to rest. July raised his hand in the air “yes July?” the teacher questioned “may I please go to the restroom ma'am?” July asked politely. She nodded at him “off you go then” Teachers had a lot of respect for July, he was always polite and did his work with no fuss, he never started or got into any fights, he was the perfect student in their eyes. July held his hand over the list of names he closed his eyes and concentrated on the first name, soul mana glew around his hand; he did this for each name and as expected people all over the school were dying. Using more soul mana their souls were drawn towards him. There was wide spread panic through the school as students fell to their knees screaming in pain before becoming expressionless and dying a few minutes later. July continued to do this until he reached the end of the list, summoning his scythe he reaped the souls that now stood around him.
 
July didn't stop there; when he got home he went over the criminals names. All over the news reports of unexplained deaths from the schools and prisons were being shown. In just a few hours police were all over the city investigating deaths, the news was interrupted by a message from the churches around the city “friends, we are being attacked! The victims souls are being taken from their bodies, we are dealing with a monster! A murder who wishes death upon us all, we must repent our sins, and beg the lord for his forgiveness so that he may save us from this beast!” the preacher said, there was a roar of approval from the crowd that was gathered around him. July smirked and turned off the TV.
 
July woke up early the next day, he turned on his TV, the news reports were still about the deaths, but something caught his attention, behind the anchorman was the word Reaper. He turned up the sound quickly “the city is divided in more ways then just one, some argue that this is a disease that is killing the people others are saying it's a person. Those who argue a person is killing people are again divided if what he is doing is heroic or villainy. All the same this mystery person is being called `Reaper' because of how he is believed to be killing people. We now have with us detective Phillip Retimo.” The anchorman finished. July's fathers face filled the screen “thank you Ray, we have determined that this is not a disease, we believe that there is an organised group killing criminals and would be criminals, we to have named the leader of this organisation `Reaper' we do not yet know who Reaper is or what he is trying to prove but reaper if your watching, we are going to find you and everyone who works for you.” Phil said staring into the camera lens. July grabbed his mobile phone and turned on the voice filter, he dialled the stations number “hello, channel 9 news how may I help you?” the secretary said politely “this is Reaper, I want my call broadcasted on TV immediately, if you do not do this I will kill the anchorman in front of thousands of people live!” July said, his voice disguised by the filter “oh my god… alright shit… give me a minute Mr. Reaper sir” the secretary said, fear clear in her voice. July turned his attention back to the TV “we are getting call in now…” the anchorman, Ray, was cut off by July “This is Reaper, I will continue to kill criminals world wide, there is no organisation just me, Phillip Retimo and all of the police out there watching, stay out of my way or I will kill you, this is the righteous path I will destroy all taint and make this world a better place anyone who stands in the way of the righteous path will be cut down, to prove to you that this is Reaper, I will now kill someone on live TV, a person who has raped but never been convicted of it!” July finished holding his hand over the name. Ray got up from his seat slamming his hands down on the table screaming in pain, he ripped open his shirt clawing at his chest then again at his head. He was violently flaying around knocking over everything, then his face went blank and he collapsed in a heap on the table before slipping to the floor “you have seen what I can do now heed my warning and call off your investigations!” July said, Phillip got up from his seat and slammed his fist against the table, “Reaper! I will find you; you will have to kill me now because I will not stop searching for you until I die! You are evil and what you are doing is wrong! It isn't righteous it's criminal and you will be hung like the criminal you are when I catch you!” July couldn't believe what his father was saying. He knew already that his father wouldn't call off the investigation, but he didn't expect his father to taunt him like that. July hung up the phone and walked down stairs.
 
 
“What were you thinking!?” Maria yelled, when Phillip got home “he killed the news man who was sitting right next to you and then you teased him! You could've been killed! You were lucky!” Maria sat down at the kitchen table crying into her hands “Mrs. Retimo please forgive your husband, what he did was stupid however it answered one of my questions about Reaper” a disguised voice spoke, the voice came from Phillips mobile. “w-who is that?” Maria questioned looking up at her husband “for security reasons I cannot tell you my real name, you may call me, Ghost…” Ghost finished “Ghost is regarded as the world's greatest detective; we have worked on cases together before…” Phillip said, filling the details to his wife. July stood at the top of the stairs within ear shot of this conversation “ghost…” he whispered to himself then returned to his room.
 
July's attention was drawn towards a green light in the sky outside his window it was getting bigger, no it was getting closer he ripped open his window and dropped the floor, the light sped through the window and crashed into the cupboards behind him, he turned to see a small creature lying on the floor. Quickly he held out his hand and summoned his scythe holding it towards the creature “WAIT!” the creature yelled jumping to its feet. It was small and had a dogs face with horns growing from it's head, it's ears we pointed and sticking out of the sideways like a normal humans, its eyes were green with no pupil. “Don't hurt me, my name is Cerb I'm here to help you!” Cerb finished shaking at the sight of July. July stared at the creature for a second then let the scythe evaporate “why are you here?” July asked watching the creature closely “I was exiled from the reaper city, they transformed me into this thing because I showed my reaper powers in public, rather the kill me they felt I deserved to suffer as that I used to fight, I'm not here to eat souls or crush them or what ever it is creatures do to souls, I heard about you, the human reaper who's killing criminals!” Cerb finished “so what?” July asked sighing “I want to help you!” July got to his feet “and what makes you think I need your help?” July questioned as he walked over to his desk “you don't know a lot about the reapers” Cerb said “do I care?” July replied “you should… they want you dead July” Cerb said jumping onto the desk, July was taken aback “I was expecting jealousy but they wish to stop me all together?” July said to himself then a smirk came across his face “they want to stand in the way of the righteous path then so be it… Cerb welcome aboard.” July said pulling turning on his TV.