Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Return to the Lost Island ❯ where i play a remake of 20000 leagues under the sea ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

RETURN TO THE LOST ISLAND
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Iridia Sunheart.
 
Notes: Just another writer's block. A little adventure of my feminine avatar in what I called survival mode. Inspired by Jules Verne, one video-game and various books about marooned characters trying to survive with their wits.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
 
Where I play a remake of Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
 
Unfortunately, a monkey cut off my rope ladder as I went back to the cave. I couldn't use Goku again because this monkey was particularly aggressive. It also knew that a rifle was a weapon because it hid itself when I took aim.
 
I frowned, then smirked. I just needed to be smarter than a monkey. I went back to the lake and took some clay for making some dynamite with the nitro-glycerine hidden in Granite House. Let's hope that the monkey won't find it… for his sake.
 
I went to the walled entrance of Granite House near the lake and used my pick to break it. Of course the noise warned the animal, but I had a plan. I offered him the alcohol and the monkey rapidly fell in a drunken slumber. Ah! Who was smarter now?
 
After making some dynamite (I could need it during my underwater exploration) I gained the entrance to the underground lake and put on the waterproof suit. Goku could come with me inside the suit. I just hoped that my material didn't break down while I was underwater.
 
I used SCUBA gears during some of my vacations and the pleasure to be underwater hadn't diminished. When I gained a larger salt lake under the volcano I found a stainless steel ladder and climbed up.
 
With great emotion, I was the first to put a feet on the fabled Nautilus since more than a century. The great submarine was still intact. His shell showed the passage of time, mainly some corrosion, but I still felt the power hidden in this ship. Even by modern standard, the Nautilus was a great ship. I doubt any actual nuclear submarines could beat it in all the domains except stealth, weaponry and sensors.
 
I reverently caressed the commemorative plate with the famous `N' and climbed on the deck. By a strange hazard, the Walt Disney version of the submarine was the one who actually looked like the real machine. I found rapidly the main panel of the main airlock and activated it.
 
Too late I remembered the warning in the letter of the Captain Nemo about some watch-dogs. I noted an opening for a key with four crystals and suddenly an alarm sounded. The main hatch opened to reveal some anti-gravity floating robots with laser targeting system. I managed to escape their machine-guns by jumping into the water. Those machines could fly, but couldn't swim.
 
I swore like a sailor as I remembered that they could also activate traps and lay ambushes everywhere on the island. I just hoped that time didn't spare them and that my weapons would be sufficient.
 
One of those damn robots was hovering on the beach, blocking me inside Granite House. I raised a eyebrow and smirked. He was hovering near the range of a cannon. I frowned as I checked my stock of powder. I had enough for my rifle but not for a cannon.
 
I snapped my fingers as I remembered a film about Thomas Edison when he accidentally manufactured Pyroxil or Nitro-Cotton, another explosive usable in weapons.
 
Cackling like a villain, I charged the cannon with the Nitro-Cotton and an cannonball. I noted that the robot was following the same circuit. I aim the cannon, waited for the proper time and open fire.
 
The robot exploded because of a direct hit. I danced a little in victory then rushed to check the debris. There should be some interesting things.
 
I salvage an anti-gravity module. A curious sound drew my attention to my left. I gasped as I saw another robot. By luck, this one seemed damaged and wasn't moving from the ground. I breathed in relief and cautiously approached it.
 
I heard another robot nearby and prepared my rifle. I sighted it near the arch and rapidly aimed for his anti-gravity module. The shot was precise and the robot fell down like a rock: Another flawless victory. I salvaged its remains and found another module and a curious broken key. It was like the key with four crystals that I found near Nemo, but this one was damaged and held a glowing crystal.
 
I nodded, remembering the access panel on the Nautilus: A Control Key which needed another three crystals to be completed. Well, it looked like I needed to hunt a few robots.
 
I came back to the damaged robot and open its access panel on the back. There was an numerical lock. I used my Sixth Sense to guide me and rapidly deactivated the machine. I plundered its module, but the key was also damaged and I could only salvage the energy crystal.
 
I returned back into Granite House and took the tunnel to the lake. I managed to surprise another robot near the entrance and blew it in one shot. I also salvaged its module and energy crystal. I now needed only one another to complete my key. And what luck! There was another one near the windmill.
 
I took the long way to flank it and gained the windmill to be out of his sensors. I calmly aimed and scored another direct hit on the unsuspecting machine. I cackled as I salvaged another module and the last energy crystal I needed. Of course, I still needed to hunt the rest of the robots if I didn't want to receive a volley of projectiles, but now I had an access to the Nautilus.
 
Cautiously, I explored the rest of the island to finally discover only one last robot. However, he was placed in a too good place. I couldn't approach it at the optimal range for all my weapons.
 
Another time to be smarter. And, of course, I heard a storm approaching and sighed. Just great, now I had the rain and…
 
THUNDER! That's it! If I could force a thunderbolt to hit him, I could overload its internal generator, but how?
 
Thinking, I remembered the experience of Franklin with electricity and a kite. I had enough material to build a kite, but how to place it on the robot. I couldn't use Goku, because I early saw that the machine opened fire even on the monkeys. Thinking of the agility of the monkeys, my gaze followed the telegraph line and I smiled: The robot was hovering just near it.
 
I gave my new kite to Goku and made him attach it to the telegraph line and waited. A thunderbolt hit the kite and conducted the electricity along the line, hitting the robot which exploded. Hurray for me! Iridia: Five! Robots: Zero!
 
I rapidly gathered the last module and went a last time to the beach to check it. I stopped at the entrance to the beach. A rusted mechanism was activated and there was an electronic eye cutting the pathway. I used my wooden fork to activate the trap and cringed by discovering electrical cannons. I also noted a box but on the other side.
 
I remembered my lessons on electricity and improvised a lightning rod with my metallic fork and the steel chain. It worked perfectly. I then used Goku anew with a screwdriver to open the box and then it was easy to short-circuit the mechanism.
 
I sighed in relief. Now, there was only what awaited me on the Nautilus. I took my waterproof suit and dived again to the mighty machine.
 
I cautiously climbed on the deck and fired on the robot guarding it. Piece of cake. Well, at least for now. I took my key and inserted into the access panel. The main hatch opened and I warily entered the Steam-Punk Submarine.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------