Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Return to the Lost Island ❯ Where I Took My Final Decision... ( Epilogue )

[ A - All Readers ]

RETURN TO THE LOST ISLAND
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Iridia Sunheart.
 
Notes: Last lap of my writer's block. My little adventure is about to end. Thank you for reading me. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
 
Where I took my final decision…
 
The first obstacle was a steel grill. There were enough electric lamps to light the interior. I frowned: The submarine seemed heavily damaged as I saw many holes and broken machinery. I dearly hoped I could repair this vessel or at least deactivate the cloaking field.
 
I saw the command of the bars, but Goku wasn't capable to reach it: Too much obstacle on the ground. I smirked. Well, I just had to give him some wings.
 
I showed him how to use a gravity module as a hovering platform and my little friend easily reached the control, opening the bars.
 
I sighed seeing the prodigious vessel in such a state. Using a few modules to lift the heaviest debris, I opened a way to the main cabin where I was sure to find a way to stop the generator or the final element of my Ring of Light.
 
I gasped as I faced another robot as soon as I opened the last door. I was sure it would open fire as soon as it detected me, but instead…
 
In a metallic voice, he welcomed me as if I was the Captain Nemo absent for more than one hundred and fifty years. I played on its non-functioning sensors to trick it into continuing the masquerade. Cautiously, I explored the main room which held quite the exposition.
 
There were various sea-shells from the ocean, many photos, trophies, navigation instruments and so on. A big safe made me drool in advance. Using, again, my sixth sense, I opened the safe to discover the most precious possessions of Nemo and…
 
BINGO! I found the Gem of Power that completed my Ring.
 
Gently I placed the gem into place. I sighed in relief as the magical A.I. rebooted and I felt the power radiating from the ring. I lifted my hand to speak the words of activation and…stopped.
 
I hesitated. Was it really what I have to do now? Should I activate my magical ring to put an end to my situation?
 
From the very beginning, despite the strange situation and a few cases where my sixth sense was used, I had relied mostly on my wits and intellect and not on my powers as a Guardian of Dimensions.
 
I nodded to myself. Using my powers like this would cheapen everything that the Captain Nemo, Cyrus Vance and his companions and the great Jules Verne had accomplished so far. I lowered my hand with the ring.
 
Thinking about those great men, there was one last thing I could do.
 
Reverently, I extracted the unfinished musical partition I found near the corpse of Nemo and walked to the Organ in the main room.
 
I sat down and checked the instrument. It seemed to work. I played piano for a few years, so I shouldn't have too much problem. After a few scales to unlimber my fingers, I began to play the last composition of the defunct Captain.
 
It was a grandiose piece of music. I hardly gave it true honour. However, the robot nearby reactivated and stated that my identity as Captain Nemo was confirmed.
 
I was surprised, but it seemed that the use of music was a back-up protocol for the robots to recognize their master. Smiling, I asked about the state of the Nautilus.
 
Unfortunately, Time had damaged the mighty vessel and it couldn't leave the island in its current state. However, I ordered to deactivate the isolation field surrounding the Lincoln Isle. Since it recognized me as the true Nemo, the robot obeyed.
 
Instantly, I felt my power as a guardian surging back to me. I laughed and used my newly active senses to learn everything about this island.
 
I smiled as I recognized a golden opportunity. This island was situated on a nexus of Ley Lines and was a natural gateway to any other dimensions.
 
I put down Goku. I had no intention to abandon him, but I needed to do the next action alone. I lifted anew my hand with the ring and activated it.
 
“Ring of Light! Magic Power! Come to my help in my time of need!”
 
The Gem of Power radiated white-blue light like a super-nova and the unlimited might of my ring engulfed the whole island.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
 
I smiled as I emerged from my little nap aboard the plane I took at the beginning of this adventure.
 
The ring had created a time-warping effect that effectively erased everything that happened so far. At least the effect concerned the world around me: It was as if no accident happened and I didn't passed a few weeks on the Lincoln Isle.
 
But I knew better as I looked on the slightly glowing ring on my finger. I could still feel my link with my simian companion and, best of best, I could still feel the connection I made with the Mysterious Island.
 
I had now a whole hidden base lost somewhere in the Pacific and impossible to find unless one knew how to travel between the dimensions.
 
I flexed my power within me and Lincoln Island answered. Old buildings were made anew. Broken furniture repaired itself. Fields left for a century suddenly tidied themselves. Rusted metal acquired a brand new shine.
 
A mighty vessel of the Ocean erupted anew in its brand new life as a spirit played an old music on a restored organ.
 
Nemo smiled: Something told him that Iridia wasn't done completely with the Mysterious Island and especially with the Nautilus…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
 
Notes: Here is the end of this story…
 
At least for now. I have a few ideas floating for a continuation. Notably the use of Iridia of the Nautilus to make a few crossovers with other works in the same genre as the novels of Jules Verne. Among them was “The lost Continent”, “Dinotopia” and “Voyage au Centre de la Terre”.