Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sacrifice ❯ Donor ( Chapter 57 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

XxXxXx

Sacrifice

Chapter 57: Donor

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXx

'Amante...Who was that child who resembled you?' Baratone thought to himself as a vibrant picture of a woman who could be Fife's twin reeled through his thoughts. She even carried the same pleasant smile. 'He even has your eyes...Your hair and your smile...He has your great magical ability only, he writes out his spells. It's a unique quality that only he has. It's his fault that you're dead...I'll kill him.'

"Vasca and any other vampire who happens to stand in my way. In the name of God, he will not get away with killing Amante! After I kill the King of the Vampires, then she shall be avenged. Amante, my love! You will never suffer under your cruel master's hand again!" The priest swore to the grey heavens above, a solemn promise to his deity that he would slay King Vasca.

XxXxXx

Hiroshima slept soundly, despite what had happened earlier between he and the vampires. The prince smiled down on his team mate before he looked to the others in his group.

"He's sleeping now but when he wakes up, he'll need blood. He's incredibly weak from fighting against it," Fife awaited comments from everyone else.

"He'll need a donor," Constantine replied.

'Donor...Someone who will give him life through their own blood.' Azmy thought as she held her wrist and concentrated on it. 'Then I can be useful to Hiroshima. I'll be in charge of keeping him strong. I'd like to give my blood if I can donate it to his cause. I'm a little afraid of biting but I can deal with it for him.'

Her thoughts were interrupted by Keiji stepping forward. "Excuse me your highness; we need to discuss something between ourselves."

"Of course," Fife smiled at the green-haired drummer, "the demons and vampires will stay with Hiroshima and I."

"Yes Prince Fife." All of the vampires and demons responded in unison as the humans formed a little group away from them and began to talk amongst themselves.

"You want to be his donor, don't you Tsurugi?" Keiji looked a little sympathetically at the saddened angel. No doubt he was worried for his mate and he really wanted to help him in the most intimate way possible.

"Yes, but I cannot," came the saddened answer from the blonde angel. "I'm hurt far too badly. Besides, you heard the vampires. A donor is not a lover, just food."

"Then one of us will have to be it," Ko replied. There was no other way, or Hiroshima may die. Even if he turned into a rouge and had no blood source in any of them, he would still have to bite someone in the group to even move after he wasted all of his energy on fighting off the transformation.

"You mean we have to let him...bite us?" The very idea of Hiroshima biting him just plain gave Chichiri the creeps. It wasn't natural at all.

"Not us, whoever the food source happens to be," Zangetsu replied.

"But who's going to volunteer?" Chichiri sincerely hoped that he wouldn't be nominated for this job.

"Whoever it will be can't be afraid of being bitten and they'll have to be able to give a lot of blood without it affecting them too much. I can always do it if no one else wants to. I don't mind it," Zangetsu offered. If it was to keep Hiroshima alive, then he would do it. No matter how bad of a legend he was. he wouldn't just let him die. Aside from that the former Night Hawk Ninja knew what it was like to be hated, more than anyone could imagine and he, much like Keiji, felt sorry for Hiroshima and was beginning to have second thoughts on what the angel's intentions were.

Undine then stepped forward and volunteered to be the one to do it. Azmy looked at her with flight and worry in her eyes. Her opportunity had been seized from her, just about when she was going to speak up. The short-haired girl was shy and it took her a while to say anything and the situation was so odd that she didn't think that everyone would need time to think it over, giving her time to answer but she couldn't have been more wrong.

"Do you have a problem with that, Azmy?" Undine could tell that Azmy wanted to say something, but the girl looked down and told her that she could do it. Azmy didn't want to deprive Undine of being his donor, since the girl had known Hiroshima from long ago. He may be more comfortable with her doing it because of that factor.

"If you have a problem with then speak up about it. Don't stand back there and be silent," the long-haired girl persisted. This was her chance to stand up for herself instead of being a pushover.

"No, it's fine. You can go ahead," Azmy didn't want to take away Undine's chance by being selfish but she sincerely regretted the fact that she could have taken the donor position back. She really wanted to help Hiroshima, so much that it hurt her to see the job go to Undine. A part of her hated Undine for being outspoken at a time like this. People seldom did what she expected them to do, why believe it would go her way now?

"Does anyone see anything wrong with me being his donor?" Undine's cold glare seemed to persecute Azmy. It was as if the girl could read her soul with those, piercing slate eyes.

"Anyone but me. I'd seriously pass out," Chichiri was fine with it.

"Then it's settled. Undine will be the donor until we can find a way to turn him back," Ko stated. It seemed like the problem had been solved. Undine looked to Azmy, who kept staring at her. The long-haired girl told everyone that they should go back to Hiroshima.

The group walked back over to the legend, who slowly and painfully stirred awake in Fife's arms. The prince asked him if he was alright. Hiroshima told him that it felt like he got ran over by a freight train as he rubbed his head in pain. His body felt numb and weak. Even lifting his hand to his head felt like he was lifting twice his body weight. Despite his sleep, he was still tired and his head pounded as the last of his tremors left.

"I imagine you would feel something like that," Fife gently smiled at the other male when the others walked up to the both of them. Tsurugi knelt down and hugged Hiroshima tenderly.

The hug was returned as Tsurugi told Hiroshima that he was glad that he was alright.

"I smell blood," Hiroshima stated as the dried blood that clung to the blonde angel's face. He placed a hand on the blood-splattered side of his face. He then leaned in and kissed Tsurugi lovingly. The kiss only lasted a couple of minutes before the blonde pulled back and told him that it was odd to kiss a mouth that possessed fangs.

Then Hiroshima leaned in and lapped up some of the blood on the side of his boyfriend's face. The contact of the newly turned vampire's tongue on his ivory skin made Tsurugi twitch. It tickled to be licked by him. Hiroshima then ran his fingers over Tsurugi's side injury, gathering up some of the still-flowing blood and sticking his fingers in his mouth, sucking the fresh blood off of them. The taste of the life-giving substance was nothing new to Hiroshima, for he had tasted blood many times but now he had to count on the blood to remain alive.

That fact in itself weakened him. He couldn't just uselessly waste power and manage to take a long time to wear down. Now he had to make sure not to get hurt that much or he'd need blood. He also had to make sure his new donor didn't die and count on them to be around when he needed them, or he would have to suffer until they got there to help it. The usually independent angel had to become even more dependent on others. The curse, his contract with Vespa and these kids were bad enough but now they held his life in their hands and at this moment in time, he realized how weak he truly was.

"I wish I could be your donor but I'm hurt too badly. I want to be more then food to you, Hiro-kun," Tsurugi held his mate's hand and brushed it lightly.

"I don't believe our relationship would be like that," Hiroshima took Tsurugi's fingers from his mouth. Speaking with fangs was a little hard for him to get used to. "I think it would deepen our bond."

"Actually someone wondered if they could be your source," Bass cut in, breaking the fragile moment between the two angels and leaving Tsurugi to ponder over what could have been. If only he hadn't have trusted those rouge vampires. This mistake was costing him more than just blood loss and a wing. It had cost him messing up his mate's life, endangering him, causing everyone to be delayed in finding Vasca, a lot of worry and now he felt like he had to share his mate with one of the humans. He didn't mind sharing him with because the other person would only be food and Hiroshima was undoubtedly faithful and mated for life like most angels.

However, he hated himself for being such a set-back for everyone.

"Who's that?" Hiroshima looked to the rest of his team mates in question.

Undine stepped forward and opened her mouth but Azmy interjected. If there was ever a chance to take, then this was it. She wanted to do this, more than anything else. She wanted to be near Hiroshima and she wanted to have a purpose- to him, more than anyone else. There was no way that she'd back down now, no matter how bad she would feel about it later.

In the end, this was what she wanted and she couldn't deny herself of it any longer for the sake of being nice.

"Me! I want to!" Azmy said loudly, with a voice full of determination.

Undine looked at the girl, a little surprised that she'd speak up now. It seemed like her, gaining courage at the last moment in time. 'Of course she would chose now to speak up.' The silent girl thought ironically.

"What? I thought we all agreed that it was going to be Undine," Ko turned, shocked that Azmy turned the tables so suddenly.

"I wanted to. That's why I couldn't speak up before. Undine had said it first but I want to. Undine told me that I should have spoken up if I wanted something."

This made Tsurugi a little jealous. The blonde frowned. Out of all of the people that could have been chosen, he wished that it had been Undine instead of the girl who had been fancying his boyfriend. 'Why does it have to be her? I suppose it can't be helped. I'll deal with it for now.' The angel though bitterly and held his tongue on any objections he may have had.

"I'm sorry Undine," Azmy gazed over her shoulder at the girl. The gunslinger seemed concerned for her team mate's feelings, considering Undine was such a good friend to Hiroshima that she missed the chance of getting any closer to him. She was probably anticipating the event as much as she was. "I know that you wanted to be his donor because you're childhood friends-"

"Just do it," Undine cut her off. "I'm not hurt by it at all. We'll get by as long as he doesn't die then it will be fine. We must take very good care of him."

'Well, here goes nothing.' Azmy thought, shaking off any nervous feeling that she'd acquired as she made her way over to Hiroshima, Tsurugi and Fife, who all looked at her. Tsurugi dismissed his frown as being upset and was sure that anyone would buy it considering they knew how he felt anyway. This was the moment that he dreaded, the moment that he wanted to stop her before it became official but there was nothing he could do.

"Well, here I am. I'm ready for you to feed off of me," the girl said kindly. 'I don't care if he's just using me. I want to be with him.'

"Alright, then sit down," Hiroshima responded.

"Where do you want to bite me?" Azmy tried to contain the flutter in her chest.

"Stick out your arm. I'm too weak to bite you so just drain your blood into my mouth," the legend replied, though he had to bite back trying to admit that to her. Now wasn't the time for him to be stubborn and he knew it. It was just better to comply for now. He didn't need to stress himself out. His nerves had been shot enough as it was, not to mention his body.

"How?" Azmy was a little confused. She'd never done anything like this before and was a little unsure of how to go about it.

"Just slit your wrist and hold it over my mouth," Hiroshima replied.

The girl complied and pulled out a sharp knife from her pocket and held her wrist a little over the angel's mouth. She held the blade to her skin, threatening to cut it at any moment. 'This is for you...my secret crush, as a symbol of my love for you. From this day on, I'll be a part of you, in a very deep way. I don't care what anyone says, I'm in love with you. I try to kill off this feeling but I don't know how. You have a boyfriend and it's bad to love you when you're with someone else.' The girl thought as she sliced her wrist, almost as if she was punishing herself for thinking such sinful thoughts. 'But I'm fine with it all, really I am. I just want to be near you and help you in any way I can.'

The blood began to flow into Hiroshima's mouth as the angel slowly drank, a little stream of it managed to escape down the corner of his mouth but he didn't care. He already had blood on him from before so a little more made no difference to him. He could tell that his vampuric urges had set in by how much the blood had helped him. He could already feel a little of his power returning. It was very slow but he could feel the difference nonetheless.

"From this day forward, you'll be transformed. Welcome to world of darkness," Zephynthos told the angel as he continued to drink the blood from his new donor.

"This spell will add 250 years to his existing life. I hope that he can cope with his new-found urges," Constantine informed.

In a way, Tsurugi was happy that the spell had added more life to Hiroshima's own. Even though most angels existed to be 300 before they were reincarnated into another form, Hiroshima's lifespan was being drained by his curse. As things were, his 300 years was reduced to 98, which was only slightly under a human's lifespan. Now his lifespan was 398 but he knew that it wouldn't last for long. Soon those extra years would be drained but at least the angel had a while longer to live.

More than anything, he wanted to break the deadly curse before it was the death of his mate. Soon, Hiroshima would have no choice but to tell them, no matter how afraid he was of being judged.

Tsurugi only hoped that everyone would understand.

To Be Continued...